Drip Drop - Kyungmyeon

Assorted Drabbles

 

 

Plip, plip, plip.

 

Ripples scatter in thin rings along the wavering surfaces of small puddles on the sidewalk as tiny drops of rain plummet from the cloudy sky and onto the miniscule ponds with a plop.

From under his bright yellow umbrella, an unamused Kyungsoo hops from one foot to another as he evades each puddle threatening to soak his painfully thin shoes and the edges of his jeans.

His eyebrows knit in frustration as he narrowly skirts a disastrous encounter with a massive spray of water as a bus maneuvers around the sharp turn just meters ahead of him. The very idea of being completely drenched in frigid water has Kyungsoo cringing and griping under his breath. Naturally, a hatred of getting wet will result in an abhorrence of the rain, and Kyungsoo harbors rather acrid opinions towards both notions.

Thankfully, there are only two blocks left before he reaches his warm and cozy home, and the very realization has the boy willing himself to "deal with it" and struggle through the last few minutes of this torture.

 

Tap, tap, tap.

 

A rather powerful gale whistles through the air into Kyungsoo's face, prompting the boy to shakily lower his wobbling umbrella so he may shield himself from the frontal attack of droplets and biting wind.

He turns sharply around the street corner, the whistling of the wind deafening his ears to the footsteps ahead of him.

Kyungsoo immediately collides with the other individual, stumbling back before landing square on his rear with a choked gasp. A snarl creeps over his lips as he recovers from the impact, a furious glare shooting up to the careless person who had knocked him to the ground.

"Hey, watch where you're--"

The words dissolve instantly in his throat as he gazes up at the face looming only a foot or two above his own.

 

Drip, drip, drip.

 

Thin droplets trickle down and fall from the tips of soaked strands of messy hair plastered to a fair forehead.

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry. Are you all right ?"

A pair of gorgeous eyes gaze down upon Kyungsoo, his chiseled and rather attractive features bearing a mix of worry and confusion.

Kyungsoo snaps back from his trance, his gaze quickly redirecting itself away from the handsome face of the stranger. "Y-Yeah, I'm fine." He finally registers that fact that the young man before him is shielding Kyungsoo from the rain with his own navy umbrella, sacrificing himself to the chilly downpour in favor of keeping Kyungsoo dry.

Dry.

Kyungsoo realizes that he's missing his own umbrella. His gaze flickers to the ground where he successfully locates his umbrella. It's under his rear.

He had dropped it during the collision and had somehow fallen upon the edge shortly after. Minimal inspection is needed to see that he'd broken it in his fall, for one of the metallic limbs keeping the fabric in place has snapped.

An expression of guilt paints the stranger's lovely features. "I'm sorry, really." He offers an apologetic smile, extending a hand to Kyungsoo. "Here, let me make it up to you. Let's find a nearby store so that I can buy you another one. Sound good ?"

As much as Kyungsoo wishes to simply sprint home and get out of this horrid rain, he knows he'll need another umbrella to replace the broken one, and this guy is willing to pay for the damages. Convinced, Kyungsoo accepts the outstretched hand, which proceeds to help him up off the cold ground. "Okay."

The young man with the navy umbrella brims with joy and relief, his eyes curving into flawless crescents and his lips spreading to reveal a brilliant set of white teeth in one of the most charming smiles Kyungsoo's ever seen.

 

Badump, badump, badump.

 

Kyungsoo huffs as he thumps his squirming chest with his free hand, a healthy shade of crimson dusting his puffed cheeks. "Let's get going already. I think I'm catching a cold because of you now."

A melodic laugh escapes the young man's lips, causing Kyungsoo's cheeks to flare even more as they amble leisurely down the sidewalk, their shoulders brushing under the comfort of the navy umbrella shielding the two from the light drizzle of rain.

 

---

 

well here's some kyungmyeon fluff because i can.

sorry if it's super cheesy or whatever, haha. i just really wanted to write kyungmyeon and something sweet after the angst of grooves (which i'm working on completing cough cough.)

thank you for all the support so far, everyone ! i enjoy all of your comments and feedback. ))

hope you all enjoy !