Rosy Cheeks - Sulay

Assorted Drabbles

Clusters of delicate snowflakes cascaded onto the window as another gust of wind slammed against the glass, an angry whistle hissing alongside the noisy hustle and bustle of the cars and trains whisking the luckier city folk quickly to their warm and dry homes.

The forecast this morning had suggested a series of light flurries throughout the afternoon with a snow accumulation of around three to four centimeters; now, with dusk approaching, the pure white dunes had already grown past ten centimeters, and the "flurries" seemed far from ceasing anytime soon.

Accompanied solely by a similar white mountain of discarded tissues, a forgotten novel, and a lukewarm mug of black tea with a hint of honey, a silent Joonmyun surveyed the strangely soothing scene outside of his seventh-story window from the comfort of his tiny, but cozy apartment. Althought chaotic and hectic, especially with the added hassle of the unyielding shower of fluffy flakes, the evening commute provided constant interest with its plentiful assortment of working individuals scurrying across busy streets and crowded sidewalks towards one of the thousands of towering apartment buildings in the enormous city.

Even in the billowing snow, cyclists peddled alongside the heavy traffic, swaying around curbs and raising a hand to either signal a turn or feebly protect their faces from the relentless winds. Cars, trucks, and taxis of all sizes and shapes honked and beeped at intersections, uneasy drivers hoping to beat the storm and make it home before the roads were slick and even more dangerous. Small plumes of steam and smoke from the vehicles mingled in the air as the temperature dropped gradually, and frantic blinkers sparkled in the already darkening sky that would soon turn the twinkling street lamps on.

Those on foot ran, sprinted, jogged, and trudged through the bustling sidewalks, yanking their hats further over their eyes and snuggling closer into the huge coats to brace themselves from the chilling blasts of snow and wind biting at their entire bodies. Some courageous individuals retrieved their umbrellas and attempted to brave the barrage of snowflakes, clinging for dear life to their handles whenever a heavy gale threatened to snatch away their little shields. Despite the tiring walk across the winding roads of a city of grand sizes, a piping hot shower and a comfy dive under toasty covers motivated those on foot to never fall behind in their rhythmic set of footsteps that inched closer and closer to home.

A particularly ferocious gust of wind battered the glass, shrouding Joonmyun's view with a powdery curtain of snow. Pulling his knees closer to his chest, he tugged the heavy blanket tighter over his curled up body, his fingers reaching out to clasp around his mug before he peered out of his window once more.

Amidst the sea of black and gray suits and coats under a sky dotted with white specks, a small anomaly caught Joonmyun's attention. From a distance, an enormous red scarf bobbed up and down the long, vertical street leading towards his apartment, briskly weaving through the dense crowd and sticking out vibrantly with such an unusual splash of color. Smiling faintly, Joonmyun followed the strange red blob with his eyes, watching carefully as it danced left and right past the hurrying masses all the way down the street. At the edge of the road, the red splotch disappeared momentarily, causing Joonmyun to crane his head closer to the window, his breath fogging up the frigid glass. Frowning, he rubbed his sleeve along the window, peering down to search for the little anomaly. A twinge of fresh pink flushed Joonmyun's pale cheeks as he chuckled gleefully, hiding his face in his hands after finding the red scarf near the ground, gazing forlornly at a spilled cup of some liquid settled in the road right in front of his apartment. His giggles subsided as he glanced through the window, spotting the red scarf sprinting across the street and out of his view.

Just as Joonmyun added another dirty tissue to the massive heap beside him, the doorknob across the room twitched, and the door swung open, a shivering figure slipping inside with a huff. With a delicate smile perched on his lips, Joonmyun glided off his chair, whisking the large blanket with him as he strolled up to the door. He gingerly wrapped his arms around a thin, but sturdy torso, nuzzling his nose into the soft, snow-speckled wool of a colossal red scarf. "Welcome home."

"Hey babe, are you feeling better ?" a shaky voice inquired as the owner struggled to catch his breath, gripping Joonmyun close in a quick hug before holding the latter a bit back in order to inspect the shorter man.

"Much better, Xing," Joonmyun replied, grinning serenely as the taller man leaned over to rest his forehead on his own.

"Doesn't seem like it ! You're burning up !"

Joonmyun laughed joyously, reaching up to cup the rosy pair of cheeks adorning his beloved's face. "No, you're just really cold, silly."

A sheepish grin curled along Yixing's lips, his signature dimple poking into his chilled cheek. "It's freezing out there." He paused for a moment, glancing over Joonmyun's shoulder and noticing the mug resting on the distant windowsill. With a groan, Yixing's smile crumbled into a pained expression oozing guilt and a hint of embarrassment. "Oh gosh, I'm such a loser, Joon. My boss let me out early, and the snow wasn't so terrible then, so I decided to stop by Kyungsoo's cafe and grab you that mint hot chocolate of his that you really like, but I tripped on my way here and dropped it in the street."

A warm flush of scarlet tinted Joonmyun's cheeks as he leaned up to plant a soft kiss on Yixing's wind-beaten lips. "Don't worry about it, Xing. It's the thought that counts." A sweet chuckle bubbled in his throat as Yixing's features softened with relief. "I saw the whole thing from the window, though."

The rosy cheeks beneath Joonmyun's fingers heated up in an embarrassed blush that matched the color of the scarf perched crookedly on Yixing's neck. As Joonmyun continued to laugh gently, Yixing tugged his beloved close for a tight, warm embrace, joining in the laughter briefly before planting a chaste, lingering kiss upon Joonmyun's lips. "Let me make it up to you by whipping up a nice cup of hot tea," he whispered as their lips broke away, a dazzling smile decorating his face that glowed with warmth.

Joonmyun's features lit up with a twinkling smile accompanied by eyes curved upwards in perfect crescents. "That sounds lovely." His surprised, joyous giggles harmonized with Yixing's sweet laugh as the latter hoisted Joonmyun up off the ground and whisked him away into the kitchen with a twirl, their warm chuckles echoing through the hallway and drowning out the sound of the blistering wind outside.

---

dfhksjdf here's some cheesy sulay that's been stuck in my head for months now.

hope you guys enjoy it !