Chapter 1

The Last Chance

Amber POV

 

“Check the belongings! We are getting late. Let’s hurry up!”

          Manager Oppa rushing us. We are on our way to 27th Golden Disk Award (GDA) at Malaysia. This is our second time that we are attending the ceremony. Last year is our first time but Krystal couldn’t come along. She had to stay in Korea because of High Kick 3 filming. But this time, we can attend with all members.

I am so happy. Krystal also seems excited.

 

“Princess, are you excited?”

 

“Of course!!! This will be my first time.”

 

Then, we arrive at Malaysia and there are many fans welcoming us.

          Finally, today is the day of GDA. We received the Digital Bonsan award. We didn’t go back to Korea yet after GDA. We usually go back right away in previous times but this time, we stay in Malaysia one more day.

          We go shopping and sightseeing. And at the day that we go back to Korea, I feel kind of sick and not feeling well. Krystal notices it and she asks me when we are on the plane.

 

“Am, are you not feeling well?”

 

“Yeah, kind of. I feel that weird feeling but I don’t know what’s wrong.”

 

She pats my head.

 

“C’mon, just sleep a bit. You will get better.”

 

          I am trying to sleep and then, the plane shakes a bit and there’s alarm sound. Oxygen masks are dropping in front of everyone. People who are sleeping awake after another because of the noise. The flight attendances tell us not to worry and stay calm. The plane is now shaking more. Princess hugs me and I know that she is afraid. I look at her.

 

“Princess, don’t be afraid. Everything will be alright.”

 

She nods.

Things are getting worse. The plane is now shaking uncontrollably and I heard a loud noise from the back of the plane.

. . .

I snapped.

          Princess is beside me sleeping. I look at members and they are all calm. Luna is sleeping. Victoria and Sulli are playing games. I look around and check but everything is fine. Then, I was dreaming?! I can only sign now.

          I am trying to go back to sleep and the plane shakes a bit and there’s alarm sound. Oxygen masks are dropping in front of everyone. But this time, I am sure. It’s not a dream anymore.

          I look at my members and they also look confuse. The flight attendances are now telling us not to worry and stay calm. Everything is happening exactly like my dream just earlier. Princess awakes.

 

“Amber, what is happening?”

 

“Nothing!!! Just go back to sleep.” I pat her head.

 

          The situation is getting worse. The light turns off and there’s only emergency light in the plane. We cannot see clearly in the dark. Princess is already so afraid. She hugs my arm and I sooth her. I check other members and Luna seems panic but she tries to remain calm. Sulli is already crying and Vic unnie calm her down.

          The plane is now shaking uncontrollably and I heard a loud noise from the back of the plane. The boxes from above open and our baggage are starting to fall. And the next minute, I fell something hard hit against my head and I feel a terrible pain in my head. The baggage fall over on my head and I didn’t see because there is no enough lights.

          The plane is shaking more and more and because of the dizziness from my head, I cannot steady anymore. My head hit with the seat in front of me and everything went black. The last thing I know before I pass out is Princess calling my name.

. . .

My whole body aches when I conscious again. I heard a voice beside me and it feels like it comes from far away.

 

“Amber, are you awake yet? I will go tell the doctor.”

 

          I cannot turn my head to see who is but I recognize the voice. It’s my sister, Jackie. I have a terrible headache and I try to think back what happened.

          The plane! I was on the plane. There was something wrong with our plane when we are on our way back to Korea. I am now here in hospital. How about the other members?! Especially, Princess! I remember that she was so afraid.

          Jackie’s back and there are a doctor and nurses come along. They do some check-up and say that I need a long rest. They left a while later. Jackie approaches me and she is tearing.

 

“Thank god that you are awake now.”

 

I can only think of Princess now.

 

“How is Krystal? Is she okay?”

 

She seems a bit stun.

 

“She’s okay. She’s in the next room and receiving treatment like you. Other members also fine. Mom shocked and passed out when she heard about you and dad has to stay with her in LA. That’s why I came alone. I already told them that you are awake. Everything is fine. Don’t worry.”

. . .

          It’s already been two months that I am in a hospital. My parents came and some of my friends too and even members later. They don’t discharge yet too. The thing is I don’t get to see Krystal till now. When every time I ask about her, they always say not to worry and she is in the hospital and they will take me to her when she’s better.”

          I am getting better day by day. I can walk well now. My body didn’t hurt like before too. And that one day, Jackie comes to my room and she seems strange.

 

“Amber, do you feel better now?”

 

“Yeahh this place is comfortable too.” I smile and answer.

 

She doesn’t say anything back. After a while,

 

“Don’t you want to see Krystal, Am?”

 

“Of course!!! Yes I do.”

 

“Okay! Let’s go then.”

 

          We go to Krystal’s room and I saw her lying on the bed. I approach her right away and she seems white more than she was. I notice the people inside the room. Her family and members! But everyone is crying.

 

“Am, Krystal just passed away this morning.”

 

Jackie tells me softly.

. . .

What?!

What is she saying?! She is just sleeping in the bed. I am pissed off.

 

“Jackie, this is not something to joke about. She is sleeping.”

 

“It was a plane crush. You two were the worst among the members. But you woke up and she didn’t. And she is just passed away this morning.”

 

          She lowers her head. I look around to everybody in the room and my eyes are saying you guys are joking, right?! But everyone lower their heads and crying.

I started to shake her body.

 

“Krys ….. KRYS …. Please Don’t …… PLEASE .. wake up … wake up .. don’t tease me like this … this is not funny … Soojung, I am telling you to wake up … don’t make me pissed off….”

 

Victoria comes and hugs me from the back.

 

“Amber, calm down.”

 

“YAH!!! JUNG SOOJUNG …. Wake up … don’t tease me …. Wake up now…”

 

I am shaking and calling her continuously.

Luna and Sulli are silently crying beside.

What is this?!

Is this really happening?!

Krsytal really died?!

Is the plane crush really happened when on our way back from GDA?!

Is that true?!

.

.

.

Yes, it is!!! This was really happened. The accident took place when we are on our way back from GDA award. Other three members, including me are alive. But Krystal…... Krystal wasn’t.

 

____________________________________ x ________________________________


We will update I Love You Too on Sunday and The Last Chance on Wednesday start from this weekend.

Please show support ^^

Comment Please ~

Thank you.

*Bow*

 

CastorEnds and eunhaechulelf ~