4

The 인피니트 Series - 내꺼하자 [hiatus]

Sunggyu’s P.O.V.

“Where the hell is this kid?” I grumbled angrily whilst tapping my fingers on the chair beside me. Just then, the door opened slowly to reveal a petite, pretty boy.

 

I couldn’t resist the urge but shout at him, “Yah! Do you know what time it is now?”

 

“Mianhamnida.” He bowed and apologized.

 

“Alright. I’ll forgive you since it’s our first lesson together. I’ll explain the ground rules before we begin. No ABC. No arguing. No bargaining. No complaining. And I shall not tolerate anyone being late else I’ll cancel the lesson. That means you have to be present before I arrive. Is that clear?”

 

“Neh.” He answered softly.

 

“Excuse me but are you talking to the ants. I can’t seem to hear you. You need to speak louder.” I by rubbing my ears like a grandfather talking to his grandchild.

 

“Neh!” he cried out loud.

 

“That’s my boy. Let’s begin now.” I ruffled his hair.

 

He placed his bag on the table and stared at me. “What?” I responded.

 

“Erm… what should I do?” he hesitated.

 

“Well… show me what you’ve got.”

 

He then sat down in front of the piano and played a beautiful melody whilst singing, “Saranghanda mianhada. Geurae deoneun andoegesseo.”

 

I was observing him as he continued to play. Tears began to stream down his cheeks as he carried on. “Yah! Enough!” I shouted at him to stop.

 

“You’re so old but yet you’re still crying.” I said and went up to him. My next action surprised him; I cupped his cheeks and used my thumbs to wipe away his tears.

 

“Whatever that is making you cry, stop thinking about it because it’ll only hurt you more. Forget about it and just move on with life. Okay?” I whispered to him.

 

He nodded firmly and stood up from his seat. “Here. How about trying this?” I offered him a score sheet and he opened his mouth once again. Honestly, he sang better this time but he can’t hold a candle to other well-known singers like Celine Dion or Adele Adkins. Yet.

 

End of Sunggyu’s P.O.V.

Sungjong’s P.O.V.

“Seonsaengnim?” I asked with soreness in my throat. We had been practicing for the past eight hours with few breaks in between, each lasting about five minutes.

 

“Don’t call me seonsaengnim. I’m just a few years older than you.”

 

“Erm… Hyung are we done for today?” I cleared my throat and asked again.

 

“Oh my! I didn’t even notice how long we’ve stayed in here.” Sunggyu hyung said whilst taking a glance at a clock hanging on the wall.

 

“Alright then. Annyeonghigyeseyo Sunggyu hyung.” I waved to him and picked up my bag.

 

“Don’t you want to go for a meal?” he questioned.

 

“It’s alright. My chauffer got some food for me. I need to go back and help my parents with their work.”

 

“Very well then. Annyeonghigaseyo Sungjong-ah.” Sunggyu hyung waved. I waved back to Sunggyu hyung once again before entering the car. On the way to the company, I ate some sandwiches and fetched Hayoung from her school. Upon reaching the company, Hayoung guided me around and introduced me to some important staff along the way. We then settled in a board meeting with my father and other board members.

 

My father then questioned me, “Sungjong-ah, the company’s thinking of cutting down on costs whilst increasing our revenue. What do you propose we should do?”

 

I placed one hand beneath my chin and thought for a while before answering him, “Why don’t we suspend the company limousine service?” and all heads around the table looked at me. Father nodded his head in agreement and asked his secretary to look into this matter. Murmurs then went round the long table. The board members, accustomed to the luxury of being chauffeured to corporate meetings in company limousines, were predictably disgruntled when they learned that this service had been suspended.

 

“Alright meeting dismissed.” Appa said and walked out of the room.

 

I got out of my seat and followed him, along the way, I was met with some evil stares and swear words from many board members, saying things like: ‘He’s not fit to be in here.’ and ‘The company’s doomed for sure.’ I plucked up my courage and continued walking forward, ignoring all those hurtful remarks. But as soon as I got home, I quickly ran to my room and locked the door. I broke into tears as those words continued to ring in my ears even though I covered my head with my pillow.