We Should Have Kids...

Everything We Are (One Shot)

A/N: I hope you all enjoy!


 

We should have kids.”

Baekhyun choked on his morning coffee after hearing that statement. He laughed lightly at his husband, Chanyeol, and said, “What’s with this all of a sudden? I was expecting more of ‘Let’s get a dog!’ from you. I didn’t know you were a family type of guy.”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and took hold of Baekhyun’s hands. “We should adopt. I’ve been thinking about it and I think we’re ready. I even found the place where we could adopt!” Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and watched the pure happiness spread across his face. He smiled back and asked, “What gender?” His husband replied enthusiastically, “Two boys. I’ve always wanted two boys.”

The two got dressed to go to the adoption center and couldn’t control their happiness. As Chanyeol drove, Baekhyun noticed how his smile never faltered and he seemed so jittery from the excitement. Baekhyun couldn’t help but feel excited too. He was always worried about bringing up kids with Chanyeol ‘cause he was afraid Chanyeol would reject. But he soon figured out, his husband was planning ahead without him. Chanyeol acted like a child himself so he wasn’t too worried that he wouldn’t get along with kids.

They finally reached the adoption center and it was a large, Victorian mansion with kids running around the gated yard. The kids playing in the front saw the car and instantly ran towards the gate. They waved to the newcomers and greeted them with an eager smile. Chanyeol and Baekhyun took the welcome and waved and smiled back to the kids.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun got out of the car and held hands as they walked towards the mansion. Chanyeol opened the gate for Baekhyun and kids began surrounding them and following them; asking questions like: “Why are you so tall? Why are you so short? How old are you? Are you two models?” The two men found it adorable to see these curious children. They walked into the mansion to find an older woman with gray hair and glasses and a floral dress standing before them. She smiled and said in a raspy voice, “Welcome to our adoption center! You two must be Mr. and Mrs. Park. We are happy to welcome you both.”  Baekhyun blushed a bit after being called ‘Mrs.’ because he wasn’t used to it. Most people call both of them: Mr.’s. Park or Mr. and Mr. Park or Mr. Park and Mr. Byun. It annoyed him greatly and was grateful towards the lady’s manners.

Chanyeol looked around and saw children sitting along the floor and playing with miscellaneous toys such as, trains, cars, dolls, stuffed animals, and crayons. He looked back towards the lady and said, "Thank you for such a warm welcome. My wife and I are hoping to adopt two boys.” The lady moved her hand as if telling the two to look around. “Don’t tell me what you want. This is my advice; whoever catches your heart the most...they are yours. You know when you find the right child. You feel it within your heart.” She walked away and watched over the kids while the two began looking around.

The couple walked around children as they played with their toys and stared; hoping to find the ‘right child.’ Chanyeol grips Baekhyun’s hand tightly as their heads moved side to side in search of a child. The children would look up once in awhile because of their curiosity of the couple and stare up with their chubby cheeks and big, wide eyes. A little boy stood out from the rest. Maybe it was his disheveled hair or his big brown eyes or his cute smile but Chanyeol was drawn to him.

 He walked over to the boy who was playing with trains by himself. He knelt down so he could be at the boy’s level and said in a soft voice, “Anneyong~! What’s your name?” The boy looked up and smiled with all his teeth. “My name is Dongmin. I am six years old. How old are you ahjussi?” Chanyeol was shocked by the fact he was called ahjussi. He didn’t look that old! Baekhyun enjoyed it and giggled while patting his husband’s back in sympathy. He also knelt down next to Chanyeol and asked, “What are your hobbies Dongmin-ah?” Dongmin tilted his head to the side and put a finger to his cheek and was thinking about an answer. Chanyeol and Baekhyun found it adorable that you could practically hear them fangirling in their heads. Dongmin came with an answer and said, “I love to play soccer and anything involving playing outside. I like to draw too!”

The two men laughed and Chanyeol responded, “I like sports too! Baekhyun actually used to play soccer when he was a child just like you!” Dongmin smiled brightly and said with an excited tone, “Jjinja?! You want to play now?” Baekhyun nodded and stood up from the floor. “Let’s play now!” Dongmin got up from his seat and grabbed a soccer ball and took a hold of Baekhyun’s hand. “Let’s go play!” Baekhyun nodded and turned to Chanyeol, “Go look for the other child. I am going to play with Dongmin outside.” He left with Dongmin and Chanyeol watched in happiness as Dongmin ran through the house while holding Baekhyun’s hand tightly and he noticed Baekhyun’s wide smile. I knew this was the right choice.

Chanyeol walked around the house more and came across a kitchen and noticed a baby girl on a stool. He waved and she waved back and he noticed how cute her chubby cheeks were and how much he wanted to pinch them. He walked into the kitchen and saw the lady from before preparing food for the baby. She bowed towards him and asked, “Have you found what you’re looking for?” He nodded and turned back to the baby. “How old is she?” The lady turned back to her cooking and spoke loudly over the sound of her washing dishes. “She is only 6 months old! Her parents didn’t want her so they brought her here. They were too young so it was understandable that they couldn’t handle taking care of the baby. Her name is Jihyun.”

Chanyeol pulled a chair towards Jihyun and said in a small, high-pitched voice, “Anneyong Jihyun~!” She giggled back and waved and began speaking nonsense which made Chanyeol laugh loudly. “You are adorable. How come no one has adopted you yet?” The lady responded for him. “No one has adopted her because she just got here recently. She was only 4 months old when she first came here. We refused to let anyone see her because she just got separated from her parents and we didn’t want to leave heartbreak when she left. You’re first to be able to see her.” Chanyeol stared at the woman with wide eyes and turned back to the giggling baby. He felt his heart break after hearing her sad story. He remember saying he wanted two boys but now that changed. He turned to the lady and said with confidence, “I want her.” A smile crept across the woman’s face and she handed him a baby plate with a sweet potato on it and a juice box. “If you want her, you will have to learn how to feed her.”

Soon Chanyeol began interacting with Jihyun and made the sweet potato look like a spaceship in outer space landing to the moon (aka .) She giggled at Chanyeol and clapped as he made the sweet potato go up and down while he made “swoosh” sounds. Jihyun reached her hands up towards the sweet potato and clenched and unclenched them; which meant she wanted it. Chanyeol gave in and gave it to her. He watched as she devoured the sweet potato and loved how her chubby cheeks stuck out when she chewed on the potato. He also loved how her small lips stuck out as she chewed. The small juice box was handed to her and she examined it before sticking the straw in . Chanyeol giggled like a madman who amused Jihyun and the woman in the room.

The day got dark and all the kids who played outside began to run inside and scream and yell within the mansion. Baekhyun walked inside with a tired Dongmin in his arms. Dongmin had his arms wrapped around Baekhyun’s neck and he rested his head in Baekhyun’s neck and whispered to him, “Are you going to be my new ahbeoji?” Baekhyun nodded and said, “Nae~we’ll take you home and let you play outside all the time. We’ll play soccer even when it’s raining! But we have to make sure not to get sick. You don’t want your other father to get mad.” The little boy giggled and Baekhyun could feel his body move up and down slowly; signaling that he fell asleep. A maid saw Baekhyun carrying Dongmin in and walked over to take him from his arms. “Thank you so much for playing with him. Dongmin has been getting lonely lately and we were getting worried. You brought his hopes back.” She smiled gratefully before walking away and bringing Dongmin to his room.

Baekhyun sighed happily before beginning to look for his husband. He stumbled upon a dim-lighted nursery and saw Chanyeol’s tall figure swaying back and forward, as if trying to make a baby fall asleep. He lightly knocked and Chanyeol turned and smiled brightly towards Baekhyun. His tall husband lightly walked towards him and whispered, “Remember when I said I wanted two boys? I change my mind. I want a boy and a girl.”

 Baekhyun didn’t respond and looked at the adorable, sleeping baby girl in Chanyeol’s arms. He took in her chubby cheeks, chubby lips, and her jet black, apple hair. Baekhyun could feel tears come to his eyes and whispered to Chanyeol, “Can I hold her?” Chanyeol brought Jihyun closer to Baekhyun’s arms and let go so Baekhyun could hold her. He began rocking his body back and forth and stared at the beautiful face before him. He turned back to Chanyeol and said with tears in his eyes, “She’s beautiful. I want her in our family.” The taller of the two smiled brightly and leaned down to kiss Baekhyun’s forehead. “We finally found our two. We have Dongmin and Ms. Little Jihyun.” The two giggled and walked over to Jihyun’s crib and lightly set her inside.

 The two stared at the baby girl only to be interrupted by a knock. They both turned to find the owner who was looking at the couple with curiosity. “Have you two made your pick?” The two nodded and the woman clapped in delight. “Let’s sign some papers shall we?”

A week after signing off the papers, the two men finally were able to take the two children home. As they walked out from the mansion, Baekhyun had Dongmin sit on his shoulders and held his hands tightly so he wouldn’t fall. Chanyeol held Jihyun in his arms and laughed as she pulled at his glasses and hair with curiosity.

The couple brought the two to their house and Dongmin instantly ran inside the house like he had been living there his whole life. Chanyeol and Baekhyun held both of Jihyun’s small hands and swung them as they walked towards their house. Soon began a wonderful and crazy adventure for the couple.

They would wake up every day to the sound of Dongmin yelling at them to get up and would be greeted by Jihyun’s sleepy but smiling face. The two soon learned she had a habit of waking up in the middle of the night and fall asleep a few seconds later. That was something that took awhile to get used to. Dongmin and Baekhyun played soccer in the backyard every day. Even if Baekhyun was busy with work, he always made time for Dongmin. Chanyeol himself was a stay-at-home husband and had to get used to Dongmin breaking things and Jihyun crying at the top of her lungs when she didn’t get what she wanted. Most parents have their breakdowns but Chanyeol always smiled like an idiot and took care of them without complaint.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were happy to have such beautiful and adorable kids in their lives. These children filled that missing piece in their lives. These two made them everything they are. 


 

A/N: Let me know what you guys think! Love you all! I don't have time to proofread so I hope it makes sense.

tumblr_mgvgtoBqDu1r91dsoo1_500.gif

tumblr_mhodleptlX1r4749xo1_250.gif

tumblr_mhodleptlX1r4749xo3_250.gif

tumblr_mhodleptlX1r4749xo2_250.gif

tumblr_mhyr8uYwKw1s0zgqho1_500.gif

tumblr_micpt74kEH1rh1m3mo1_500.gif

tumblr_mgbsfcXxyJ1rks450o1_250.gif

tumblr_mgbsbmi0Zk1rks450o1_250.gif

Credit: Gifs belong to Tumblr owners!