Good night Sun

Seeking Water

 

A/N: Holy merps o:, my very first subscriber :D. Thanks to Star_Juice
 for being my first one c; and the others for looking at my story. I hope you enjoy the first chapter of Seeking Water!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - 

"Lee Chaerin, I swear, if you come any closer to me..." Dara warned, stepping away from CL's approaching smirking figure. 

It was a hot September day and Dara and Sol Bi came to play at Chaerin's house during the weekend. Actually, they were supposed to be working on a project, but that had been forgotten when CL saw the opportunity to mess with Dara.

"Dara~ Why are you so scared?" CL mocked, squirting a little water on Dara's new pants,

"I'm scared because YOU'RE HOLDING A FREAKING HOSE IN YOUR HAND!"

"Since when were you afraid of a little water?" Cl's smirk grew as she watched Dara tumble onto the grass. Oh, this was going to be fun.

Sol Bi giggled at the scene, not helping her friend in the slightest. Chaerin turned to grin at Sol Bi, who was sitting comfortably on the patio, a few steps away, watching them play from there. 

Raising an eyebrow, Sol Bi narrowed her eyes and took a quick sip out of her soda. "CL, you know what will happen if you even think about soaking me." Sol Bi's policy was to return anything tenfold. If CL even tried any sort of prank on her, she had better be ready for what would happen afterwards.

 

CL rolled her eyes and turned back to Dara, who had gotten back up on her feet. "I know, I know, payback waits. So, Dara..." Suddenly, Chaerin’s cellphone started ringing and she stopped her torture to check it. Seeing her eyes light up as they did, it was obvious from who the call was from.  “Oops phone call from Key!”  Dara let out a huge sigh, "Hold this for me will you?" 

"Wha...? ACKKK, LEE CHAERINNNNNNNNN!" 

CL had thrown the hose to the surprised Dara, who caught it clumsily in between her fingers, causing a rain of water to fall on everyone. 

While Cl tended to the phone call under the rain and Dara moved her head left and right to avoid it, Sol Bi was listening to the droplets. There was a calm humming sound that came down on her as the water fell. She closed her eyes, wondering if she could hear anything more. She knew the moment was fleeting, so tried to get the best out of it. 

Sol Bi has always had strange experiences with water. It wasn't anything major like a clown suddenly running over her foot as it rained. Sometimes, she would hear humming sounds in the shower, or feel cold wind through her hair on a warm summer day whilst next to the pool. She always felt a little sad when the humming ended or wind subdued, for she felt comforted with it all. As the water droplets fell onto her, she felt a presence, somehow stronger than the ones she had felt before.

'Good night Sun' 

Bewildered, she opened in awe and whispered back instinctively to the soft voice. "Sweet dreams Sea" Sol Bi's lips curved into a smile; this was the first time she had ever heard a voice from the water. She wasn't scared, surprised, maybe, but definitively not scared. In disappointment, she felt the water drops stop falling as she returned from her trance. There was a trace of the presence, as she was still a little wet, but she could barely feel it.

"Sol Bi? What are you doing?" Dara asked, wondering why her friend was closing her eyes and mumbling randomly.

Sighing, Sol Bi opened her eyes and answered monotonously “I was talking to the water droplets spirit; told him sweet dreams”. 

“Water droplets spirit?” Dara chuckled and sat down next to her friend “Wasn’t it mysterious rain blouper before? What did it say?” 

Sol Bi was actually a very random and spontaneous person and could tell a story on the spot, have different perspectives at once, be creepy or jump on people randomly. At first, her friends would react by laughing awkwardly and asking her what was the point of all her nonsense or not understand her at all. However, as she did it on a daily basis, now her friends responded to her and eventually got into her weirdness as well. Not that they weren’t weird themselves. One of her various mottos was to say everything and anything so that you wouldn’t regret not later on. So in a way, she was just helping them get it out.

Sol Bi shrugged, “Not it, but he.  And he didn’t say anything afterwards, but that’s okay since it’s the first time he talked to me." She stopped to think a bit before continuing. " Actually, he said Good night Sun. I guess where he is, it’s time to sleep and here it’s time to play.”

Dara's eyes lit up as she slowly started her theory about the 'water droplets spirit'.

“How about... Mr Spirit lives in an alternate universe where ‘good night’ means ‘go away’ and ‘Sun’ means ‘you creepy stalker’.” Dara smirked eyeing the glowing gleam in Sol Bi’s stare.

“Well maybe ‘you creepy stalker’ in his world is Dara here’”, both of them laughed a bit and ensued their talk, jumping from one subject to another with a light mood. CL was now done with her phone call and made fun of Dara’s shrieks a few moments ago as Dara kiddingly growled at CL.

Sol Bi wished things would always be so easygoing and calm. She wished that wherever, whenever, her friends would be there for her. And her 'Mr Spirit' too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: There we go ^^. I hope you like it :D. I think this story will be more popular than ESCAPE, since it's a love story and I know how you people are with your mushy stuff XD. In a way, it's my first fanfic, since the other one, I started it for a school project. Anyways, thanks again to my first subscriber, and please do comment if you have the time :D. 

I'm sorry I updated so late. There was actually a death in my family so I tried to stop updating for a while. 

A/N #2: I'm actually now a co-author with Cwei1998 for a story called:

Lost In The Depths Of My Heart

(http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/284842/lost-in-the-depths-of-my-heart-kikwang-romance-woohyun-you-jessicasnsd)

So I hope you'll support her and I ^^. I wrote the chapter Regret and will be writing more there. Before that chapter, it's all her. Anyways, thanks to you all and see you later.