5th fortune

In the cards

“I can’t believe that Taewoo guy just wanted to get his fortune told…” Woohyun sighed, as he and Sunggyu sat on the couch, side by side, after Taewoo had left.

“Yeah…” Sunggyu nodded, seemingly distracted by something.

“I just assumed he was going to attack me.” Woohyun grinned. “But you really can’t blame me! Have you seen the creepy looks he sends? People could easily get the wrong idea.”

“Mm…yeah he was kind of scary…”

“Ah, but thanks.” Woohyun smiled at Sunggyu. “You came at the end there, and you tried to help me…you know I didn’t think I could depend on anyone after Boohyun hyung. But…then you came along hyung. You make me want to trust you.” Woohyun turned to Sunggyu, slightly shy. “I’ve…never felt like this before. But I think that if I’m with you hyung—.”

“S-Stop it.” Sunggyu interrupted sternly.

“W-What?” Woohyun blinked.

“I’m not…what you think I am.” Sunggyu bit his lip. “I-I’m a liar.”

“Hyung what are you—?”

“I’m a liar!” Sunggyu repeated, hastily standing up. “I lied to you…about who I am.”

“What do you mean?” Woohyun got up as well.

“I-I should have told you sooner! I wanted to…but I was scared.” Sunggyu admitted, shamefully.

“Scared? Of what?” Woohyun grabbed onto Sunggyu’s wrist. “Hyung, y-you’re not making any sense!”

“I’m not just some homeless guy who was living on the streets!”

“What?”

Sunggyu reached into the pocket of his torn jeans and pulled out a rather expensive looking wallet. He opened it up and showed it to Woohyun. The pockets were plentiful with credit cards, and money.

“Hyung…I-I don’t understand—.”

“K corporation, the one Woobin got fired from. I fired him.” Sunggyu explained. “He worked for me and after what happened to you. I had some people look into him, and they found evidence of his other crimes, and so he got fired…Woohyun, I own K corp.”

Woohyun blinked, rubbing his head in confusion. “But then why were you on the streets that time? And your clothes…?”

“K corp.…we weren’t doing well. Stocks prices had been going down and I honestly…I hated working there. My father…after he died, I inherited the business. It used to be a small company, when he started it, but I guess he did some things right. Anyways, after I took over, things kind of went downhill…I’m really not cut out for business. I was just some dumb kid who wanted to be a musician. Everyone working there…they knew it. They all resented me, for not being a great business man like my father.” Sunggyu explained.

“I told them I wanted to sell the business, and chase my dreams of being a singer. They all laughed at me…told me I wouldn’t last a day out in the real world. And well, I was just a kid who wanted to prove them wrong. So I gave up all my possessions, and…that’s how I ended up homeless. I ended up selling my guitar, just so I could buy some dinner.” Sunggyu lifted up his sleeve, to show the scars on his arms. “The only jobs I could get…they weren’t the best. I got these from some shady restaurant, which was the last place I worked. The other workers accidentally dropped some expensive ingredients, and then they blamed it all on me since I was the new guy. The cook got so mad that he…” Sunggyu ran his fingers along the now scabbed over cuts.

“Well it’s safe to say I got fired pretty quickly from there…Honestly the first time we met, when I asked you when I was going to die…a part of me had given up. I was tired and lonely and just wanted everything to be over already. But then you, some random stranger, was crying so desperately, begging me not to die…it made me want to continue, and keep trying. And then after you let me stay with you…I felt guilty about taking from you, since you didn’t have much to begin with. So I went back home…bowed down to them…told them they were right…” He looked up at Woohyun nervously. “P-Please say something…”

Woohyun was just standing there, his bangs casting a shadow over his eyes. “Why…why are you telling me this now?”

Sunggyu bit his lip. “Because…when you said you wanted to open a restaurant…that you were doing this shifty stuff, just to get enough money for that…I felt so guilty. You just said you could trust me, and I’ve been lying to you this whole time.” Sunggyu hesitantly reached his hand out, but Woohyun took a step back. “Please Woohyun…I-I’m sorry. I was scared you wouldn’t want to be with me anymore. What I told you about Jiho, and everything we shared. That was real! All of it—.”

“I-I…” Woohyun shook his head, trying to make sense of everything.

“I…I really don’t want to leave your side.” Sunggyu’s voice was shaky, but at the same time, certain. “I’m sorry I kept this from you. But I just…I really want to be with you. I-I want to escape the loneliness with you. Woohyun—!”

“No…” Woohyun shook his head. “I don’t believe this…at all.”

“Please—.”

“All this time…” Woohyun murmured, and then looked up at Sunggyu with an explosive expression. “…All this time! You could have paid for your own damn barbecue chips!”

“Woohyun I’m really sorry—wait what?” Sunggyu blinked, and became even more confused when Woohyun pulled him into a warm embrace.

“You owe me about fifty-thousand won for all those bags of chips Mr.” Woohyun grinned.

“I-I don’t understand.” Sunggyu stammered. “A-Aren’t you shocked? Or mad? Or—?”

“Of course I am!” Woohyun pouted. “Of course I’m shocked! But I’m not mad…I mean you kind of just confessed your undying love for me.”

Sunggyu blushed. “W-What? No I didn’t!”

Woohyun chuckled. “Ah…and I’m kind of relieved to be honest. I thought you were hiding something dangerous from me. Like that you were dealing drugs or that you became a e or something like that…but that you’re actually the owner of a million dollar company. Well that’s kind of the best outcome!”

“Y-You’re being awfully positive about this…” Sunggyu eyed him skeptically.

“I don’t really care where you came from…” Woohyun smiled, sure of himself and his feelings for the first time in a while. “I just want to be with you.”

“Really?” Sunggyu’s voice got softer. “B-But aren’t you bothered that I kept this from you for so long?”

“Well…is there anything else you’re hiding?”

♥ ♣ ♦ ♠

“Woah!”

It was the next morning, and Sunggyu had decided to show Woohyun K corp. Sunggyu grinned slightly, as he watched Woohyun rush past him into a spacious grand office. There were plush carpets, a huge dark wood desk, and wall-to-wall windows, giving a breathtaking view of the entire city.

“This is your office?!” Woohyun gasped in amazement, as he pressed his face to the clear glass, looking at the world below him. “The people look like ants from up here!” He turned his gaze to the side, just as Sunggyu stood beside him. “I bet Jiho liked it up here…”

“He did.” Sunggyu smiled.

“So everyday when you said you were going to your job, you came here to work?”

“Yeah…” Sunggyu nodded, still feeling guilty. “Sorry I lied—.”

“It’s fine already.” Woohyun waved him off, and then rubbed the back of his head bashfully. “Hyung…you know you’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me right?”

Sunggyu blinked, taken off guard by the other’s words. But then a small smile formed on his lips. “F-For me too…you’re the best.”

Woohyun was practically beaming at that point, and cupped Sunggyu’s cheeks, and kissed him softly.

“Hyung, let’s stay together.”

“Yeah.” Sunggyu smiled.

“Let’s grow old together~”

“Ok.” Sunggyu rolled his eyes, though he was still smiling.

“Let’s both—.” Woohyun was cut off when Sunggyu pressed their lips together again.

♥ ♣ ♦ ♠

Sunggyu decided to sell the company for real this time. With the money, he received from selling he decided to invest in a…new business venture.

He smiled to himself as he wandered past customers sitting at tables, and into the open kitchen of said business. He spotted the person he was looking for. His back was turned, concentrated on chopping up some vegetables. Sunggyu sneakily snuck up behind him, well he tried to…but Woohyun immediately grabbed his wrist before the elder could snatch away a piece of celery.

“Hyung, these are for the customers’ meals.” Woohyun grinned.

“But I’m hungry.” Sunggyu pouted. “Just one?”

“Mm…” Woohyun put a finger to his chin, pretending to be contemplating it. “Ok, say ahh~” He held the celery in front of Sunggyu’s face.

“Yah!” Sunggyu hissed, nudging Woohyun slightly. “What if your brother sees?” He gestured to the general air around them.

Woohyun chuckled. “It’s ok hyung. Boohyun hyung approves of our relationship.”

“Are you sure?” Sunggyu smiled slightly, eyeing the sign at the front of the restaurant, Boohyun’s.

Woohyun followed Sunggyu’s line of vision. “It’s just a feeling.” He wrapped his arms around Sunggyu’s waist, and pushed him to the counter, pressing his lips to Sunggyu’s.

“Don’t think your brother would approve of this though.” Sunggyu smirked.

“Its ok…he went on a trip to the grocery store in heaven.” Woohyun grinned. “He won’t be back until later.”

-------------

Ah this ended up being fluffier than I intended OTL

Anyways, thanks for reading~