Skinny Love

Skinny Love

It’s been 3 years since T-ara’s contract was over... They all live happily getting their own houses with their families. Eunjung and Jiyeon living happily as a couple....until...

Jiyeon slammed the door the walls were shaken. She’s crying her heart out, weeping. She never thought breaking up with Eunjung would be like this. Never in her entire life she imagined how cruel a break up with Eunjung would actually feel. 

She took the picture frame with her and Eunjung’s photo displayed on her bedside table. She threw it against the wall, shattered pieces of glasses fell on the floor.

She knelt down, putting both hands on her face, crying... ‘’What did I do to deserve this Eunjung?’’ tears streaming down non-stop. 

knock knock knock...

‘’Jiyeon-ah are you okay? open the door. Please Jiyeon ah, let us in.’’ Soyeon’s knocking the door so hard making a pounding sound.

‘’Jiyeon-ah open the door. Talk to us.’’ worried Boram pouted.

‘’Leave me alone!’’Jiyeon shouted. Soyeon and Boram can hear her sobs. 

‘’I will take this door down with my own hands if you will not open this!!!’’ Soyeon exclaimed, raging as she said those words.

‘’GO AWAY!’’ Jiyeon threw the flower vase towards the door. ‘’GO AWAY I BEG YOU GUYS!’’ She shrieked.

‘’Soyeon, we should call her mom before it’s too late. I’m afraid Jiyeon will do something stupid.’’ Boram biting her nails now begging Soyeon whose so anxious with the current situation.

Soyeon dialled Jiyeon’s mom. Jiyeon’s mom answered said she will be home shortly.

‘’Jiyeon-ah, we called your mom. She’s coming home soon.’’ Sso continuously knocking the door. She leaned closer to hear what Jiyeon could be doing.

‘’Jiyeon-aaaah’’ another pounding knock and there’s no response.

‘’PARK JIYEON! I SAID OPEN THE DOOR!’’ Yelled pissed Soyeon.

Boram so worried, can’t help biting her nails. 
‘’Shou..should we, we call a, a po, police So.., Soyeon?’’ Boram asked in a cold sweat.

Soyeon’s now pacing back and forth, now biting her thumb nail too.

‘’Soyeon...Park Soyeon.’’ Boram now stomping her feet.

‘’Stop! I don’t know what to do as well rambo! you’re just making it worse.’’

‘’I’m sorry...’’ she looked down. ‘’I wish none of this happened. Weren’t they okay a week ago? So sweet and stuff. Although we all know Eunjung’s so sweet with almost every girl she knows, I can’t believe she could do that to Jiyeon in 6 years they’ve been together as a partner, I don’t know how and why Eunjung would choose Gyuri over Jiyeon.’’ Boram whined..

Soyeon chuckled, ‘’Hmph, no she didn’t choose Gyuri, she CHEATED with Gyuri. We all saw it, you saw it, I saw it and Jiyeon saw it, Eunjung kissing Gyuri in the restroom a while ago.’’

Boram weakly bent her head sideward and pouted. 

20 minutes later, Jiyeon’s mom arrived, Soyeon told everything that happened while mother Park’s opening the door in panic.

‘’I knew it! I knew Eunjung will just hurt my daughter! I shouldn’t have allowed their relationship long ago!’’ She yelled.

The door opened and they saw Jiyeon, lying down on the floor unconscious, with blood all over to where Jiyeon is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback...

‘’Kiss me’’ Eunjung told Gyuri. Gyuri obeyed like Eunjung’s 2 words were spell casted on her. They kissed passionately. The restroom door swung open. Jiyeon saw it all before her eyes. Soyeon and Boram who was with Jiyeon saw it too. Boram covered in shock. You could see the horror in Jiyeon’s eyes....

‘’HAHM EUNJUNG!’’ Soyeon shouted as loud a she could with visible veins on her neck. 

Gyuri and Eunjung broke the kiss as soon as they heard Soyeon’s voice. Gyuri covered and ducked her head while leaving the restroom. But Jiyeon held Gyuri’s arm and made her turn so she’s facing her. Gyuri staring at the tears welling up in Jiyeon’s eyes, glimmering. 

‘’I’m sorry.’’Gyuri bowed while apologizing, but Jiyeon slaps her leaving a handprint on her goddess face and she left holding her cheek. 

Jiyeon shed the tears welling up in her eyes. She looked at Eunjung now staring down the floor. Jiyeon clenched her fist containing her anger, shaking and with audible deep sharp breathing, trying to form words. Trying to spit out all the questions she wanted to ask...but she can’t.

She just left the room with unbearable pain, like a pain caused by hundreds of daggers thrown at her. 

‘’What happened?!’’ Hyomin asked Jiyeon who completely ignored her. ‘’Jiyeon-ah, why are you crying?!’’ She followed Jiyeon in the elevator, trying to calm Jiyeon down, hugging her with one of her hands sideways. ‘’Jiyeon, why? did you and Eunjung fight again? it’s our group’s 3rd reunion party. You shouldn’t be crying like this. Come on let’s go back and stop crying.’’ She said while wiping Jiyeon’s tears with her hand.

Back at CCM’s rest room. ‘’Pabo!’’ Soyeon hit Eunjung in the head with her hand bag. ‘’Eunjung-ah what did you do? What did you just do?!’’ she scolds Eunjung. Boram trying to stop Soyeon from hitting Eunjung further.

‘’Mianhe.’’ Eunjung’s voice is almost inaudible, eyes were watery while looking down.

‘’If something bad happens to Jiyeon, I swear Eunjung, I’m gonna make you pay for this.’’ Soyeon left and Boram patted Eunjung shoulder before she followed Soyeon. And a tear fell from Eunjung’s eyes as the door shuts. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day. Jiyeon is all over the news. ‘’Park Jiyeon, rushed to the hospital’’, ‘’Former girl group T-ara member, is Jiyeon sick?’’, ‘’Park Jiyeon’s hospitalization, what could be the reason?’’.. etc. etc. etc...

Jiyeon’s lying in the hospital bed with an IV and blood bags hooked in her left and right hands. Her right and left palm are stitched and wrapped in a white bandage. The doctor said, Jiyeon might have picked up the large pieces of shattered glass in her hands and grasped it tightly that made her bleed too much from deep wounds. 

‘’And with the deep wounds and cuts in her hands that almost pass through her bones, the amount of blood loss in that 20 minutes she locked herself, she could’ve died if Mrs. Park didn’t arrive earlier.’’ Explained the doctor to Jiyeon’s family and manager. ‘’Is she going through a depression or something she hated so much that made her grasp broken glasses?’’ The doctor asked Mrs. Park.

‘’All I heard is, she had a fight with her lover.’’ Mrs. Park said weakly. 

‘’Ah, I see, she’s going to be okay Mrs. Park. I assure you. Just give her time.’’

‘’Please keep everything private doctor, especially when the media asks.’’ said manager oppa.

‘’Yes sir, all patient’s status and data are confidential and should be confidential, whether you’re a celebrity or not.’’ He replied.

‘’Thank you.’’ said manager oppa.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


As soon as Eunjung heard the news about Jiyeon, she run to the hospital but Mr. Park stopped her from entering the room. 

‘’I need to see Jiyeon, Mr. Park. Let me in!’’ She protested and tried to push Mr. Park out of her way. 

‘’Stop! Eunjung-ssi! STOP!’’ Mr. Park pushed Eunjung. She lost her balance and fell on the floor. Mr. Park breathing heavily, his anger made his face so red. ‘’I don’t want to see you near my daughter anymore! Get lost!’’ He shouted. ‘’I trusted you Eunjung! I even allowed your relationship even it’s wrong to many peoples eyes, but still I let you guys with your relationship because my daughter is so happy with you. But you disappointed me Eunjung. Now get lost and I don’t ever want to see your face again!’’ Mr. Park went back inside the room. 

Eunjung was left there, still on the hallway’s floor, wiping her tears, clutching her self in sitting position. Soyeon who was watching the whole time outside the room, wanted to help Eunjung, but she just can’t..she hated Eunjung so much. So she just stood there, watching her cry in crossed arms. 

‘’I never thought you’d be that kind of person Eunjung, you were better than that. How long have you been cheating on Jiyeon?’’ Soyeon chuckled.

Boram and Areum arrived with food, and shocked to see Eunjung in that state, weeping so bad. The two girls helped Eunjung, sit on the chair. 

‘’Soyeon ah, it’s still Eunjung, why didn’t you help her get up?’’ Boram asked. 

‘’She deserves it.’’ She said as she left them. 

‘’Eunjung-ah, you look so pale, here eat this and drink this juice.’’ Boram offered.

‘’Eunjung unnie, are you okay?’’ Areum asked in sad tone.

‘’Pabo! Pabo! Pabo!’’ Eunjung started to hit her head with her own hands saying pabo over and over again.

‘’Stop it Eunjung!’’ Boram held Eunjung’s hands. ‘’Stop Eunjung...’’ And she put her arms around Eunjung and rubbed her back. 

Eunjung just cried.

After a few minutes. Mother Park went out the room, her eyes is puffy from all the crying. She confronted Eunjung. 

Eunjung stood up and bowed but Mother Park slapped her. Eunjung didn’t move, she just closed her eyes and flinched with the pain.

‘’Go away, my daughter doesn’t want to see you anymore. I don’t like someone like you waiting outside like this.’’ Mother Park said and she turned her back to Eunjung headed to the room again but she stopped when Eunjung started to speak.

‘’Please tell your daughter,... I’m..I’m.. sorry.’’ Tears falling from her eyes. ‘’If she doesn’t want to see me anymore, then I’ll….’’ *sniffs* ‘’..respect her. But could you please, please....please... tell her I said, I’m sorry and I love her.’’ *wiping her tears using her arm* ‘’Then I will be forever gone in her life. And I will be forever thankful to you too Mrs. Park.’’ Eunjung said shaking, every words she struggled saying.

Mother Park turned again to Eunjung, she stepped close with just a feet away ‘’No! you didn’t love her! because you don’t hurt the person that you love!’’ She shouted at her while pointing a finger at Eunjung’s face.

And mother Park went back to the room without looking at Eunjung, but before she closes the door...

’’I hope this is going to be the last time the Park’s family’s going to see your face.’’

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A year has passed... Everything is back to normal. Jiyeon has moved on, she’s now dating guys, and back being an actress. Speaking of being an actress, she has a new drama in SBS, which she finds so interesting, since Gyuri is going to be her co-star in the drama. She accepted it so that she can show off to Gyuri how much she’s over with Eunjung. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one knew about Eunjung’s whereabouts after her last time encounter with Mother Park. None of her friends or fellow T-ara members knows where Eunjung is, except for Gyuri and Mother Hahm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback...

1 week before Jiyeon got hospitalized.

‘’Let’s break up Jiyeon-ah’’... Eunjung told Jiyeon in a soft voice.

‘’What? Baby if you’re joking, you know how much I hated those kind of jokes.’’ Jiyeon fired back.

‘’I am serious.’’ She said looking straight into Jiyeon’s eyes.

Jiyeon’s heart skipped a beat. ‘’Excuse me?’’

‘’I. WANT. TO. BREAK. UP. WITH. YOU.’’ Eunjung replied as slowly and clearly as she could.

Jiyeon just blinked many times. 

‘’I am sorry Jiyeon.’’ She said while trying to hold back her tears.

Jiyeon cupped her hands to Eunjung’s face. ‘’Baby are you ss.. sick? Are you not f...feeling good? I’ll take you ho...home’’ she stuttered.

Eunjung pulled down Jiyeon’s hands... ‘’I’m fine. I’m sorry Jiyeon, I don’t want this anymore. We’re over.’’ Eunjung looked down.

‘’Lies!!!! Look at me! Look at me!!!!’’ Jiyeon cupping Eunjung’s face again and making her look in her eyes. ‘’Why Eunjung? Am I suffocating you with our relationship? Eunjung I can give you space! But don’t break up with me please! Or at least give me a valid reason why are you doing this!’’ She yelled shakingly, a tear was shed.

‘’I don’t love you anymore Jiyeon. It’s been an awful 6 years being with you.’’ She replied without looking into Jiyeon’s eyes, she’s tearing up but holding it back. 

Jiyeon dropped her hands, feeling all her energy was drained from what she heard.

‘’I’m sorry Jiyeon.’’ She turned and started to walk away..
But Jiyeon hugged her from behind so tight, crying. ‘’No Eunjung, please! No! I know I’m not giving time for you lately but Eunjung please! I can make it up with you! I’m begging you Eunjung-ah don’t do this to me!’’ Jiyeon pleaded. 

--- And Jiyeon snapped from reality.... She realized she fell asleep in the set of her new drama. She doesn’t know why that memory with Eunjung breaking up with her kept on coming back. She shook her head trying to get rid anything related to Eunjung. She pinched the bridge of her nose near her closed eyes.

‘’Having a bad dream?’’ A girls voice asked her.

Jiyeon turned and she saw it’s Gyuri.

‘’It’s none of your business.’’ Jiyeon stood up from her sit and looked at Gyuri from head to toe, examining her, she crossed her arms. ‘’Looks like Eunjung’s taking care of you. SO. WELL. Be careful, you might not know if she’s cheating on you.’’ She said bitterly.

‘’Jealous?’’ Gyuri raised an eyebrow. 

‘’Why would I?’’ She replied. And a guy stepped closer to Jiyeon and pecked her cheek. It was Seung Ho. 

‘’Oh honey why are you here?’’ Jiyeon asked.

‘’Just dropped by to see you.’’ He smirked. ‘’And I’m going to watch you act’’ He smiled.

‘’Thanks hon.’’ Jiyeon smiled, and she looked at Gyuri who’s staring at them.

‘’Jealous? You should call your girlfriend too’’ Jiyeon smirked, raised her eyebrow and left.

Gyuri just sighed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘’I hate myself’’ Eunjung tilted her face back on the pillow, damming tears. 

She took her voice recorder... 

‘’Jiyeon-ah, how are you?’’ She said while her tears are falling. ‘’I want to dial your number so bad and desperately tell you how much I love you. You’re the best thing that ever happened to me Jiyeon-ah.’’ She sniffed. ‘’I want you here beside me.. I wish you’re here beside me.’’
She stopped the recorder, pulled out the tape and put it with the dozens of tapes on the table.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Flashback...

The next day after Eunjung told Jiyeon to break up with her, she dialled Eunjung’s number.

‘’Hi sorry I can’t pick up the phone right now, please leave a message. Thank you.’’ It was Eunjung’s cute voice.

‘’Eunjung-ah...Eunjung’’ *sniffs* ’’I’d do anything, ANYTHING to be good enough for you.’’ She struggled to say the words... ‘’Tell me that everything’s going to be okay Eunjung... we’re going to be okay.’’ She said between sobs.

Hyomin who’s beside Jiyeon comforting her while she made the call just shook her head, ‘’Jiyeon ah, if she doesn’t want to be with you anymore, let her go, it’s the best thing to do.’’ 

‘’NO!’’ She went inside her room and slammed the door shut.

--- Jiyeon woke up at 12 midnight with that flashback. She went to the kitchen to get a glass of water, she gulped until the last drop. ‘’I should’ve broken up with her... I should have let her go when she asked me to break up with me so I wouldn’t be too hurt with the fact that I saw her cheating on me.’’ She leaned both hands on the kitchen sink, dropped down her head and closed her eyes. ‘’Where was my fault in loving you Eunjung?’’
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


It’s T-ara’s 4th reunion anniversary, everyone was there....of course except for Eunjung.

‘’Aaaaah everything is not the same without Eunjung!’’ Qri whined while sitting in the couch in sulking way.

‘’I miss Eunjung unnie’’ Hyomin pouted while playing with her glass of wine.

‘’Me too, do you guys happen to know where she is?’’ Boram asked.

‘’Molla...’’ Soyeon replied.

‘’I heard she’s traveling.’’ manager oppa said and shrugged.

‘’Move on guys’’ Jiyeon took the Hyomin’s wine and drunk it down. ‘’I have moved on, why can’t you?’’ 

‘’It’s still Eunjung...Eunjung our omma... I miss her aegyo.’’ Hyomin sighed...

‘’Let’s just hope she’s happy...’’ Soyeon left them to get a drink. And she saw Gyuri standing at the door of CCM’s event room where the party is being held.

‘’Oh look a visitor. Annyeonghaseyo.’’ Soyeon bowed her head. ‘’By any chance are you with Eunjung? We quite miss her.’’ 

‘’No she’s not with me. I am here because Eunjung asked me to give you this.’’ Gyuri gave her a flash drive. ‘’She said, she want you guys to watch this.’’ 

‘’What is this?’’ Soyeon took the flash drive and stared at it. ‘’It’s uhm...a video file Eunjung recorded.’’ 

‘’Oh, maybe a greeting for our 4th reunion. Where is she?’’ Soyeon questioned, she walked back where the group is and Gyuri followed.

An awkward atmosphere felt when the group saw Gyuri. Jiyeon’s heartbeat was so fast because Eunjung might be downstairs with Gyuri...

‘’Eunjung, she’s in the U.S. right now...’’ She hesitantly answered...

‘’Oh why didn’t you go with her? Aren’t you afraid she might be cheating on you?’’ Jiyeon raised her left eyebrow at Gyuri again.

‘’Eunjung and I, we never had a relationship. Just so you know Jiyeon.’’ Gyuri looked at Jiyeon fiercely.

‘’Shut up.’’ Jiyeon answered back.

‘’Stop it Jiyeon.’’ Manager oppa interrupted.

Soyeon played the flash drive on TV in front of the group.
And they saw Eunjung... recording herself in her room, sitting on the other side of her bed. She’s wrapped with winter clothes even it’s not winter yet. She’s wearing her favorite pink beanie, her face is skinny like she didn’t eat anything for a year. She’s pale, her lips are pale, but you can see she tried to put a makeup to cover it. 

They almost didn’t recognize her... They were shocked and dropped their mouths.

Eunjung started to speak, but she’s looking down and not looking at the camera.

‘’Annyeonghaseyo...’’ She greeted with a crack in her voice. She’s holding both of her hands...
‘’I’m sorry I wasn’t able to make it today...How have you guys been? I’m...I’m doing good.’’ she smiled, still looking down. ‘’I, I just wanted to say, I’m sorry... to everyone. Especially to Jiyeon...’’ Eunjung bowed. ‘’I hope you guys are all well...I want to hug you all...’’ Eunjung wiped her tear.
‘’I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry... Please take care of your health... I love you guys forever.’’ 

And the video stopped.

Hyomin’s crying...’’I miss Eunjung unnie so much...’’ 

Everyone’s tearing up...except for Qri, but her sad expression is priceless.

Jiyeon stood and walked near the window looking at Seoul’s beautiful buildings and lights at night, there she wiped her tear as soon as her back was turned from the group.

‘’What is she doing in America?’’ Soyeon removing the tears welled up in her eyes while watching the video.

‘’Maybe looking for a new girl victim.’’ Jiyeon said, still facing the window. 

‘’STOP INSULTING EUNJUNG!’’ Gyuri yelled as she clenched her fists due to anger.

Jiyeon turned and walked towards Gyuri. ‘’Why? you’re hurt for her? she’s a cheater! A dirty cheater!’’ Jiyeon shouted with audible breaths. 

Gyuri slapped Jiyeon across the face. Gyuri’s so mad clenching her teeth. Manager oppa now forcing Gyuri to step back. But she tried to let go of manager oppas hold. 

‘’Eunjung?! You really want to know where she is right now?!’’ Tears welling up in Gyuri’s eyes. ‘’She’s in the hospital! She’s sick! And no one knows if she can go back here in Korea ALIVE!!!’’ Her knees got weak making her sit on the floor, sobbing.

Silence filled the room with emptiness the only thing that broke that silence is when Hyomin dropped her glass of wine unconsciously after realizing the last word of Gyuri.... The whole group was dumbfounded. 

Gyuri continued while sniffing...

‘’She never cheated on you Jiyeon. Last year...the same date as today. She asked me to kiss her, because if you saw us like that, it’s the only way you’ll let go of her. She asked you a week before for a break up right? But you didn’t let go of her... So she did the hardest way she could ever think of, make you think she’s cheating.’’ She stood up wiping her tear.

‘’That day when she asked you for a break up, that’s also the day when the doctor told her, she has a brain tumor... She didn’t want to bother you with her illness, she wants to be cured without you knowing, the reason why she would rather break up with you. To be honest... it wasn’t that bad before, there’s still hope she can be cured. But after learning you almost died because of her last year, she refused to take all her medicine, refused chemotherapy, refused to live..’’ 

Manager oppa handed Gyuri a tissue paper.

Gyuri blew her nose and continued... ‘’I heard and saw her screaming in pain... It was an unpleasant scene to watch... And she’s calling your name Jiyeon-ah... I don’t know if it’s the pain caused by her illness or the pain living without you... I can’t tell the difference.’’

The girls are all crying now...Hyomin covering to stop her whimpering. 

Jiyeon heard all of it... She’s silently crying, the kind of cry she can feel in and her eyes become blurry from the tears. The one where she just want to scream. But she just hold her breath and grabbed her stomach to cry silently....her bones shaking, hands trembling, realizing that the person who means so much to her might not comeback forever... A sad emotion creeping on her inch by inch as the thoughts of Eunjung rush through her head all at once.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Meanwhile in the best hospital in America...


‘’AAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!’’ Eunjung’s screamed as she felt the intense throbbing and pulsing pain in her head.

The nurse gave her a narcotic as per doctor’s order.

Mother Hahm’s holding her while Eunjung’s weeping in her shoulders...

‘’Omma, I can’t take the pain anymore....’’ she said weakly with shallow breathing to her mom.

She kissed Eunjung’s forehead when the pain killer took effect and she can feel Eunjung slowly losing grip from her hold.

‘’How can I let go all of my pain, thoughts and feelings? I miss her so much.’’ She said in drooping eyes and there fell a single tear.

‘’Ssssssh... Eunjung ah...’’ Mother Hahm who’s trying to be strong never showed a tear to Eunjung if she wanted to cry. She has no choice but to be strong for both of them, for Eunjung's sake.

She tucked her daughter in the hospital bed carefully and wiped Eunjung’s remaining tears with her hand. She went outside where she finally cried, removed her eyeglasses, controlling her sobs...she’s helpless. Her tears from her tightly shut eyes keeps flowing, wishing it was her who's ill. Her daughter, her one and only Eunjung, A mother's pain witnessing her daughter’s suffering, a mother's cry for her child.

Her phone's ringing, father hahm's calling from Korea...

"Eunso, is she getting better? How is she?" He asked with a hint of nervousness in his voice, worrying if his daughter's still alive, if she's still breathing.

"She's..." eunmama cried..the kind of cry where she needs to hold her breath to not make a sound.

"She's not getting better..."

"Eunsooooo! You promised you're taking her home alive! Eunso..." he breaks down and can't help but cry. "Let me hug her again...let me hug my princess again Eunso, that's all I ask..." he sobbed, looking down with one hand on his forehead and tears falling down like drops of rain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘’Gyuri, bring me to Eunjung, please...please.’’ Jiyeon’s shaking Gyuri’s shoulder with both of her hands. She followed Gyuri down at CCM’s parking lot begging Gyuri to take her to where Eunjung is.

Gyuri gets rid of Jiyeon’s hands almost throwing it. ‘’I don’t know where she is in the US Jiyeon! It was an emergency, they took a flight this morning because the doctors said they can’t do anything about her condition anymore!’’

Jiyeon knelt down with her hands touching the ground. ‘’Please Gyuri...I’m down on my knees.’’ tears falling.

‘’Get up Jiyeon-ah... I’m really sorry, I don’t know in what hospital Mrs. Hahm took Eunjung. She just left a note and the flash drive from where they’re staying.’’ She walked towards her car.

Jiyeon followed and grabbed Gyuri’s arm... ‘’Gyuri...for once in my life, this is the only favor I’m going to ask you. Please. HELP ME.’’

Gyuri opened her car’s door, but Jiyeon closed it.

‘’Please...’’ Jiyeon’s eyes were pleading.

Gyuri took a deep breath… ‘’Get in.’’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘’Mrs. Hahm, we have scheduled Ms. Hahm Eunjung’s surgery tomorrow, again, as what I have explained to her, the risks of this surgery can lead to a long lasting brain damage, comatose or worse, death.’’

Mrs. Hahm hired an interpreter for the trips purpose, since she really wanted to bring Eunjung to the US for treatment.

‘’I understand doctor, but the reason why I brought my daughter here is for you to cure her, so I’m expecting a positive result.’’

‘’We will do everything we can Mrs. Hahm, but ask your daughter to help herself too...because she doesn’t seem like she wants to prolong her life.’’ He patted Mrs. Hahm’s shoulder and left.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gyuri parked the car in front of Cafenne.

‘’Why are we here?’’ Jiyeon unlocked her seatbelt.

‘’We’re going to ask Eunjung’s dad...’’ Gyuri went out the car.

‘’Wait, what? You really don’t know where they are?’’ Jiyeon followed Gyuri inside Cafenne.

Gyuri turned to Jiyeon they almost bumped to each other... ‘’What?! You didn’t believe me when I said I have no idea where on earth they are?!’’ she rolled her eyes.

‘’I’m sorry...’’

’’Then if you’re not gonna believe all the things I’m going to say, then I’m sorry I don’t think I can help you.’’ She’s about to go back to her car but..

‘’Gyuri-ssi’’ Mr. Hahm walking towards them, ‘’what are you doing here?’’ He shifted his look from Gyuri to the girl she’s talking to and he was shocked after recognizing it’s Park Jiyeon.

‘’Mr. Hahm!’’ Jiyeon hugged him tightly and tears blurring her eyes again. ‘’Mr. Hahm’’ she released him from her tight hug and took his hand holding it tight, ‘’where is Eunjung? how is she? Mr. Hahm, please tell me, Eunjung needs me.’’

Mr. Hahm just kept quiet with a blank expression.

‘’Mr. Hahm...’’

‘’There’s no use telling where she is right now Jiyeon-ssi.’’

‘’Mr. Hahm! PLEASE!’’ Jiyeon cried out, her tears falling on his hands.

‘’Eunjung...she’s going to have her surgery tomorrow...and my little princess..’’ he started to cry, he shuts his eyes letting the tears fall ‘’I don’t know if she can make it.’’

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mother Hahm is cleaning up her daughter, preparing her for surgery. She carefully removed Eunjung’s favorite pink beanie from her shaved head. Eunmama can’t stop the tears forming in her eyes while gently patting Eunjung’s skinny arms with a small towel soaked in warm water. She touched her like it’s going to be the last time she can feel her daughter’s warmth, like it’s the last time she’s gonna feel her pulse and hear her breathing.

Eunjung opened her eyes, she woke up from the sound of her mom’s sniffing and she saw her wiping her tears. ‘’Omma..’’ she said in a husky weak voice. ‘’Why are you crying? I haven’t seen you cry ever since I got sick...why now?’’ She blinked slowly looking at her mom with a sad expression.

Mother Hahm can’t hold her tears anymore, she hugged her daughter so tight with Eunjung’s head on her chest and kissed her forehead while tears are streaming.

‘’Promise me you’ll wake up Eunjung-ah...promise me you’ll wake up.’’

‘’Omma, if something bad happens to me, I don’t want to be resuscitated. I’ve had enough pain omma, I don’t want to suffer anymore, I don’t want any of you to be further burdened because of me. I want you to let me go if that happens. That’s all I want omma, let me go if something bad happens. Always be happy with appa omma, for me. You should always remember me with a smile too. Arasso?’’ She said slowly as a tear ran down her bony cheek.

‘’Eunjung-ah... don’t say that, you’re going to be okay... you have to fight for yourself, for me and your dad. And you have plans getting Jiyeon back right? You’re going to take her away from that Seung Ho.’’ Mother Hahm cupped Eunjung’s face, and she smiled at her.

Eunjung chuckled, ‘’omma...she doesn’t want me anymore, remember?’’

‘’Because you’re a pabo... you didn’t think first before you act and make decisions. That’s the dumbest thing you ever did Eunjung ah... that’s what you get from watching too much dramas. Aigoo...’’ mother Hahm sighed...

‘’I thought it was the right thing omma, the least person I want to feel burdened because of me was Jiyeon...’’

‘’You should’ve told her...’’

‘’I wanted to tell her so bad, but time has passed and her life went forward...’’

She took her beanie from the bedside table where her mom put it. She ran her fingers on the small front tag ‘just like forever’.

‘’Omma, if... if I won’t make it, or wouldn’t be able to wake up or I’d die in the middle of the operation, can..’’ tears forming as she tightly held her beanie, ‘’can you...give this to Jiyeon?’’ She kissed the beanie as it had small dark patches from her tears. ‘’and tell her I love her, just like forever.’’

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jiyeon and Gyuri took the latest flight going to America as soon as they got the hospital’s information from Mr. Hahm.

‘’I’m going to call mother Hahm.’’ Gyuri took her phone out of her bag.

‘’Yeoboseyo...’’

‘’Oh yeoboseyo, Mrs. Hahm, it’s me Gyuri. I just want to let you know, I’m taking a flight going there right now, and I am with....’’ she paused and looked at Jiyeon. ‘’Park Jiyeon.’’

‘’GYURI-SSI!’’ Mrs. Hahm exclaimed. ‘’Why?! Why did you let her know?! You know Eunjung didn’t want her to know about her condition right?! She trusted you!’’

‘’Mother Hahm, I apologize, but I know she wants this too, she wanted this for a long time. It just takes someone to defy Eunjung’s pride and stubbornness, and that would be me, I guess. Mrs. Hahm...please, you know your daughter’s heart too right?’’

Jiyeon took the phone from Gyuri... ‘’Mrs. Hahm, this is Jiyeon, can I talk to Eunjung please?’’

‘’I’m sorry Jiyeon-ssi, but she’s currently in the operating room.’’

‘’Oh...’’ Was the only word came out from Jiyeon.

‘’Let’s pray she could make it.’’

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jiyeon and Gyuri arrived in the hospital, as Jiyeon got closer to Eunjung's room, she can't explain how fast her heartbeat’s racing. How nervous she is and at the same time excited that finally, after a year, she's going to see Eunjung any minute now.

Gyuri knocked and opened the door. Jiyeon's breathing is different than the usual breathing. She doesn't know what to do....until she saw Eunjung, lying in the hospital bed, with 2 IV bags hooked, an oxygen mask and a small tube connected to her bandaged head which drains out small amount of reddish drainage, and finally she looked at Eunjung’s face and Jiyeon’s throat felt dry and a kind of heartache she never felt before.. 

She gently touched Eunjung’s hand, took and held it tight and she pressed her lips against it...it was a long kiss, where she let the tears of her longing shed.

‘’Her doctor said, he doesn’t know when Eunjung will wake up.’’ Mother Hahm said with a tired look on her face. ‘’He also said, he doesn’t know, if she will ever wake up.’’ She started to sob and cover to not make a sound..

‘’So you risked it Mrs. Hahm? You risked...’’ said Gyuri but mother Hahm cut her words.

‘’It was the hardest decision I ever made. I just persuaded Eunjung, or else, she wouldn't last for a month anymore. If only she got treated earlier....if only.''

Gyuri hugged mother Hahm for comfort while Jiyeon is not taking her eyes off of Eunjung...
‘’It was my fault... wasn’t it?’’ Jiyeon still in her position while she asked. ‘’It was all my fault...’’

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 days has passed since Eunjung’s surgery but she’s still fast asleep. Jiyeon never left Eunjung’s side. She was always there, taking care of her, watching the most adorable person in her life, sleeping.

Jiyeon was sitting at the bedside. Like what she does everyday, she talks to Eunjung, because she knows that she can hear her... ''Eunjung-ah...wake up. Wake up please, I know how much you love sleeping but, Eunjung-aaaah, you're sleeping too much.'' She pouted while tracing the bridge of Eunjung's nose with her index finger.

Mother Hahm entered the room...''Jiyeon-ah, why don't you go back to the hotel first and get some sleep? It’s already late. And Gyuri told me, your phone’s ringing all day, she said SBS staff has been calling you guys.’’

‘’I’m quitting the drama Mrs. Hahm. I’ll let my manager talk to them, I think it’s not too late since the drama hasn’t aired yet. I’ll let them find a new star actress...I’m staying here.’’ She replied with respect.

‘’Jiyeon-ah, this is the exact reason why Eunjung doesn’t want you to know about her condition, she was afraid you'd be like this. She doesn't want to be a burden to your life.''

''Eunmama, you know, Eunjung was never a burden to me, she was always the one who lightens up all my loads in everyday life. I can't believe I let a year slip away with her condition. I'll never forgive myself for that.'' She said while resting her head on her hands.

‘’By the way, before I forgot..’’ Eunmama gave Jiyeon the pink beanie Eunjung asked her to pass to Jiyeon. ‘’here...She said, she loves you so much, just like forever.’’

Jiyeon took the beanie, and traced the tag ‘just like forever’ with her fingers, pressed it to her nose and inhaled Eunjung’s scent and she put it on her head and smiled at Eunmama.

‘’She worn that for almost everyday. She just takes it off when it needs some washing.’’

‘’The smell of the beanie, smells like Eunjung, so Eunjung...her clean smell.’’ She chuckled.

‘’Jiyeon-ssi, I hope you don’t mind me asking, but... you’re dating Seung Ho right?’’

‘’Oh Eunmama, I already told him I still love Eunjung before I left Korea.’’
‘’What?! you did that?’’ Eunmama was surprised and can’t believe what she heard.

‘’I did... and you wouldn’t believe this eunmama, he said he’s not surprised at all.’’

‘’Oh...’’

‘’Eunjung-ah...you heard me? I still love you, I always have and always will.’’ She leaned to kiss Eunjung’s cheek that lingered for 5 seconds. ‘’so wake up....there’s nothing in the world that I ever wanted more, but to hear you say my 3 favorite words again.’’

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


‘’You still look pretty in your shaved head Eunjung ah... palli, wake up. I want to feel your lips pressed against mine again, I miss those butterflies in my stomach you know.’’ Said Jiyeon while opening the curtain of Eunjung’s hospital room. 

‘’I’m awake. Ugh what is this thing, this is so irritating.’’ 

Jiyeon stopped what she’s doing, she can hear her heart pounding as she heard Eunjung’s whining voice again. She slowly turned her back and saw Eunjung removing her oxygen mask. 

Eunjung looked so lively, full of energy that she managed to sit on her own like nothing happened. 

Jiyeon slowly walked towards Eunjung, with a dropped jaw.

Eunjung successfully removed the oxygen mask, she looked at the person who’s slowly walking towards her, she raised her hand to cover her eyes from the brightly lit morning sun rays coming from the window, she twitched her lips, struggling to recognize the person in her room. ‘’Who are you?’’ she asked with her childish voice.

‘’Eunjung-ah... Eunjung’’ she buried her face on Eunjung’s shoulder with tears of joy flowing, she then looked at Eunjung. ‘’Eunjung it’s me, it’s me Jiyeon-ah she pressed her forehead against Eunjung’s bandaged forehead while her hands are cupping Eunjung’s face.

‘’Jiyeon-ah?’’ Eunjung held both of Jiyeon’s hands...’’Jiyeon-ah, is it really you?’’ Jiyeon nodded with her forehead still against Eunjung’s and closed her eyes where her tears instantly fell. Jiyeon can feel Eunjung’s warm breath.

Eunjung kissed Jiyeon’s hand...’’Where have you been? where have you been all this time Jiyeon-ah? I missed you so much.’’

Jiyeon started to peck each inch of Eunjung’s face with smooching sound, she caressed Eunjung’s cheek, she lifted her chin, noses almost touching, Eunjung felt Jiyeon’s warm breath that tickles above her lip, as they both indulged in their emotions, her lips brushed against Eunjung’s. It was a soft, gentle kiss that shows how much they have longed for each other. 

‘’I love you...’’ Eunjung said as they broke their kiss. ‘’You’re the first and last person I’ll ever love Jiyeon-ah...’’

Jiyeon was in tears again... ‘’You have no idea how much I have waited for this day Eunjung ah, how much I missed you, baby I love you too, always and forever.’’ She kissed Eunjung’s forehead. 

‘’Jiyeon-ah, one day, I’ll hold you so tight that you won’t remember what it feels like to miss me.’’ Eunjung went down from her bed, she stared at Jiyeon and gave her a quirky smile. ‘’Jiyeon-ah we’ll be together again and I’m sure it’s in a better place. I’m so happy to see you here.’’

Eunjung walked towards the door...Jiyeon can’t move, she can’t speak, the word ‘stay’ was stuck in and she doesn’t know why but tears are falling from her pale cheek.

---

Jiyeon woke up with the sound of the beeping machine attached to Eunjung, it was so loud it hurt her ear. She’s still wearing the pink beanie, she fell asleep on Eunjung side after she talked to Eunmama. Mother Hahm was holding tightly to Eunjung’s left hand, she was crying so hard.

The doctor rushed to the room with 2 nurses. Jiyeon confused with what’s happening...But the doctor and nurses just stood there and watched the heart monitor. Mother Hahm still crying....sobbing, shouting Eunjung’s name repetitively between her sobs.

Jiyeon finally grasped the situation, she saw the heart monitor where the waves looks irregular from the normal waves she saw before, progressively getting weaker and weaker...

‘’What is happening? Doctor?! What is happening?!!!’’ Jiyeon’s so worried that made her shout.

She said those words in korean...So the doctor have no idea what she’s saying.

Gyuri who just entered the room dropped the coffee she bought when she realized what’s happening.

‘’I love you Eunjung, your omma and appa loves you so much. Don’t worry honey, finally you are now pain free.’’ Eunmama cried while she’s hugging Eunjung so tight. 

Jiyeon’s shaking so bad buckets of tears are falling, she just sat on the bedside, held Eunjung’s hand... leaned and whispered to Eunjung’s ear...’’I love you forever...’’ She said with a feeling of a lump in ...she can feel nothing but sorrow, knees wobbling, numb hands, then tears spilt from her eyes and flowed down like a river. An unbearable feeling seeps through her nerves, like her heart was twisted inside her.

The waves on the heart monitor’s getting back to life, then down again...until the wave peaks are non-existent anymore. 

And the doctor turned the monitor off. Checked Eunjung’s pulse, listened to heartbeat using a stethoscope. Then, ‘’time of death 7:27 AM.’’ The doctor pronounced, the nurse recorded it down.

‘’I’m sorry for your loss Mrs. Hahm..’’ Said the doctor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘’Why the doctor didn’t do anything Eunmama?’’ Jiyeon asked Eunmama with a blank expression on her face while they were waiting for Eunjung’s body to be prepared going back to Korea...

Both of them looked so drained while Gyuri’s still crying at the corner of the room...

‘’Eunjung signed the ‘Do Not Resuscitate’ waiver, which means, she doesn’t want to be resuscitated or saved when something bad happens to her.’’

‘’Why would she do that?’’ she asked with dead staring eyes on the wall.

‘’Because she’s so tired...my daughter is so tired...’’ tears streamed from mother Hahm’s face again...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone who loves Eunjung was there where the funeral’s being held. 

Mother and Father Hahm’s trying to be strong, but they can’t help but cry for their one and only child.

The casket was lowered on the gravesite, the grave was fully filled and a mound was built on top of the grave. Ans a tombstone was set up with Eunjung’s name.

T-ara members are crying, Qri cried this time. Soyeon still can’t forgive her self from what she did to Eunjung, she kept saying ‘I’m sorry Eunjung..’’ like those words are the only words she knows. 

Mother and Father Park was there, with guilt feeling in their hearts for what they’ve done to Eunjung. 

Jiyeon, who was physically there, but dead on every other aspect, felt like she died with Eunjung in every way. She wanted to cry but her tears were drained...Wishing everything was just a long dream.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jiyeon’s trying to survive, one minute, one hour, one day at a time...Even most of the time, she feels numb.

Knock knock knock.... Gyuri entered Jiyeon’s room.

‘’Park Jiyeon, it’s been 2 months and you’re still like that?! Your parents are so worried for you, be thankful I’m free today to accompany you.’’ She opened the curtain and Jiyeon woke up so irritated.

‘’Why are you here Gyuri?! Just let me sleep!’’ Jiyeon yelled.

‘’Let you sleep?! What the heck Jiyeon you sleep for more than 12 hours a day!’’ Gyuri yelled back and she opened Jiyeon’s closet to get some clothes.

‘’What are you doing?’’ Jiyeon asked.

Gyuri threw a jeans and a shirt straight at Jiyeon’s face.

‘’Get up and take a shower, we're going somewhere.’’ Gyuri opened the shower room in Jiyeon’s room, stood at the side of shower room’s door and crossed her arms. ‘’Now take a shower before I drag you here.’’

But Jiyeon laid on her bed again and covered herself with the blanket. 

Gyuri got pissed and walked out, she turned to Jiyeon before leaving the room. ‘’If you have plans knowing what Eunjung has left for you, give me a call. You’re lucky if I got time to accompany you for the rest of the year.’’ And she closed the door.

It took time for Jiyeon to process what Gyuri said, she quickly jumped out of the bed and grabbed hold of Gyuri.

An hour later...

‘’Where are we going?’’ Jiyeon asked holding tightly to her seatbelt.
‘’Daecheon Beach’’ Gyuri replied.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They walked at the shore for 20 minutes and stopped until they saw a small beautiful wooden house with a yellow lit light on the porch. The 2 swings outside the house caught Jiyeon’s eyes, and it made her smile, wishing Eunjung was there with her.

‘’In case you’re wondering to whom this house belongs, this is Eunjung’s property.’’ Gyuri said as she pulled the key out of her pocket.

‘’Now this really makes me think you guys cheated on me...’’

Gyuri gave her a fierce look.

‘’Joke.’’ Jiyeon answered and faked a smile.

‘’Shut up, remember when I told you when mother Hahm left a note and the flash drive to where they’re staying before they went to America? I was talking about this place.’’ Gyuri opened the door and opened the lights. ‘’This is where they’ve stayed. This is where Eunjung screamed because of pain...this is where, I witnessed how much she misses you.’’

Jiyeon was so speechless with what she saw...

It was a small house with her white bed near the window that views the beach. There’s still medications left on the bedside table, and near it, was their photo, it was her and Eunjung’s selca she posted on twitter, beside it, is the Rilakkuma lego she made for her. There was a small table across the bed, there lies an estimated over 100 cassette tapes in different colors. 

On the wall, there posted their polaroid photos together. Jiyeon took one, remembering their happy memories but at the same time giving her sad feels. On the farther side of the wall, there are polaroid photos of places, and in every polaroid there’s something written under... ‘Missing you in Busan..’ the photo was taken in Busan and Eunjung was smiling...

‘Missing you in Jeju’... a photo of Eunjung taken from Jeju...

‘Missing you in Bali’...

‘Missing you in Phuket’

Tears filled her eyes up as quickly she saw how much Eunjung misses her...

‘’Those photos, she went traveling before she got really weak...That’s what she did, travel... instead of curing herself...But I think, she has lived to the fullest by traveling though...’’

Jiyeon moved to the table...

‘’These cassette tapes, it is where Eunjung recorded all the things she wanted to say to you... The numbers written on it were the dates when she recorded it. She records almost every other day, but most of the time, she can’t record something due to her severe pain.’’

‘’Why are they in cassette tapes?’’ Jiyeon was puzzled.

‘’She thinks it’s romantic to record it in tapes, you know her right? I think even in things like this, she’s way too old fashioned.’’ Gyuri took one of the tapes and played it in Eunjung’s recorder.
They first heard Eunjung’s shallow breathing before speaking...’’Jiyeon-ah make sure you’ll marry someone who will laugh at the same things as you do. Make sure that person will make you laugh as well...make sure that person’s going to give you flowers even there’s no occasion at all... send you old fashioned handwritten letters... the person who’d tuck the strands of hair behind your ear... make you feel so loved and will never give up on you. Make sure that person will love you as who you are without plans on changing a thing about you...I wish I could be that person Jiyeon-ah...’’ And they heard a sniff before the tape ended.

Jiyeon’s tears were flowing again... she’s clutching herself in the couch while she’s holding the Rilakkuma lego she made years ago.

‘’Gyuri-yah... do you know how much I wanted to be in your position? You were there for Eunjung when she really needed someone...I wish it was me.’’ She sniffed.

‘’I think you wouldn’t want to be in my position until you know what it feels like to be friendzoned....’’ she chuckled and sat on the bed and touched Eunjung’s pillow.

‘’You wouldn’t know how it was like to love a person who will never set her eyes on you... you wouldn’t know how it feels like to be in love with your best friend without her knowing...’’ She took the pillow and hugged it.

‘’I knew it...’’ Jiyeon replied. ‘’I know how you looked at her...for years, I know you loved her.’’

‘’I’m sorry Jiyeon but I can’t help myself but fall for her... I wish that I was the one she needed and loved. I wish it was my name who she screamed every night when she’s in pain. I wish I was the last thing on her mind before she went to sleep. But it was you... I wish it was me she was pertaining to when she tweeted about the AB blood type people... But it was you, it’s always you.’’ Gyuri wiped her tear... 

It was Jiyeon’s turn to pick one of the cassette tapes... 

‘’Jiyeon-aaaaah!’’ Eunjung sounds so happy with the tone of her voice...’’I heard you’re dating Seung Ho now? Aigoo... You’re really over me huh?’’ a long pause was heard... ‘’I’m happy for you Jiyeon-ah...’’ Her tone of voice changed instantly to a very low sad one. ‘’But it hurts...it hurts with every heartbeat.’’

The cassette tape stopped again...

Jiyeon grabbed her hair so tight...and said to her self.. ‘’pabo...pabo’’

She picked another tape...

‘’Jiyeon-ah...today Gyuri visited me..she said, there are things I’ve got to learn to cherish before everything’s too late or I’ll regret it... It made me think Jiyeon-ah...I wanted to spend the rest of my days with you...but I guess I’m late since you’re with someone already...’’

another tape...

‘’Jiyeon-aaaah the sun is up, and it’s shining brightly. It makes me miss having coffee with you, although no amount of coffee could keep me awake like you do.’’ Eunjung’s laughed. ‘’I want to lie on the couch next to you again, Jiyeon... I also miss watching dramas with you...I miss the way you struggle waking me up...I miss how you say ‘I love you’ to me with a pout... I remember when you leaned in quick to kiss me and I swear I didn't know how to stop the trembling of my hands... I miss you so much...’’

Jiyeon smiled, but still with present tears. ‘’Jiyeon-ah...we need to go back, it’s getting late.’’

‘’I think I’m staying here Gyuri... I want to stay here...’’ Jiyeon insisted. 

‘’Are you sure?’’ 

‘’Yes, thank you for bringing me here.’’

Gyuri left but she’s hesitating... ‘’Okay I’m leaving you here, I’ll call Mrs. Park that you’re going to stay here tonight.’’

‘’Yeah, thanks...’’

Gyuri hugged Jiyeon before she left.

After a few minutes....

Jiyeon took the recorder, few cassette tapes and went outside the house... She sat at the swing and swinged lightly while playing one of the tapes...

‘’Jiyeon-ah...I’m sorry. I’m sorry for being stupid and not knowing what to say and do when I learned I’m ill, I’m sorry that I made you hurt yourself that you almost died...I’m sorry Jiyeon.’’

Jiyeon can’t take it anymore...she wanted to be where Eunjung is...She wants to be with Eunjung now.

She put the recorder on the swing...and slowly taking steps towards the shore in a dead cold night... But as soon as the water reached her feet, she heard Eunjung’s voice coming from the recorder... ‘’Jiyeon-ah, if ever you hear this but most probably I’m gone by that time... and If ever you still love me and you have plans doing something stupid, I just want to tell you, that’s not the way I want us to be together again...Please be strong Jiyeon, continue to live and learn to live without me...I’ll be watching you up there...I love you Jiyeon...’’

And it stopped...Jiyeon just cried and sobbed after hearing it. ‘’Eunjung! you’re really such a cheater...why did you leave me! Why?!’’ She screamed towards at the beach... She wiped her tear.

She went back at the swing sniffing...

Took the recorder and kissed it...’’I will live Eunjung...just promise me you’ll always watch me...give me strength to keep going when I have no hope left.’’

And she swinged enjoying the view with the moon’s reflection on the water...Feeling the cool air touch her skin...She closed her eyes, smiled and she knows, she was there....because of Eunjung’s clean smell that lingers in the cool air.