Leaving The Reality, Into The Eternity

Coma

 

The car flipped menacingly as it crashed everything in its way.

 

Its body was already dented; its glasses were already shattered in pieces. Screeches could be heard everytime the car’s body touched the road and dragged along it. Sparks of light were created at the skin of the car’s body, showing that the aftereffects wouldn’t be a joke.

 

The car finally landed on one side of the road, with its top on the ground, reversed position.

 

Silence was coming to the scene, like the world was mourning over the accident. It was already midnight, with less people on the road, causing the car needed to stay that way for a longer time. The witness started to call for an emergency frantically, loudly cursed for his misfortune watching that accident.

 

A girl, with a slender figure and long hair that covered half of her back, walked into the scene. She tremblingly took steps towards the flipped car, tears urging to roll down her eyes. Her face became stiffened, as she stopped right in front of the car. She wanted to bend down and helped the person trapped inside, but her body wouldn’t move. She was too afraid, making her frozen in her place.

 

‘It can’t be… Help, help’, she thought as she reached out her hand to the car. Her shivers got even worse, when finally the sirens of the police and ambulance could be heard from the background. The moment she blinked, she felt her body was thrown aside as the policemen and medics barged into the scene. She just fell down, still shivering in fear. Her eyes quivered as she watched they slowly flipped the car into its normal position.

 

‘Help’, she screamed inside as she hugged her torso tightly.

 

***

 

“Hey, what do you want for breakfast?”, she happily chirped as she plopped herself into couch. The man beside her, who was already sitting first at that couch while reading the newspaper, smiled to see her happy face in the morning. He patted her head softly, and she leaned in to snuggle on his chest, smelling his scent deeply.

 

What a romantic morning to start.

 

“I’ll eat anything you cook”, he said sweetly as he ruffled her hair now, leaning closer and put his chin on top of her. She shifted closer, making his heartbeat drummed right to her ears.

 

“If I cook sticks and stones, will you still eat it?”, she teased, earning a chuckle from the man.

 

“Are you trying to make me being cheesy this early in the morning? Nope I’m still normal, I won’t eat sticks and stones”, he ruffled her hair messily and smiled warmly. She frowned and made a face to him.

 

“Don’t eat then”, she said, sticking out her tongue. He laughed a bit and pulled her into his embrace, his arms wrapping around her shoulder.

 

“If you cook sticks and stones, I have no choice other than taking over the kitchen and cook edible foods for us”, he said and looked at her sweetly. Her face broke into smile, before leaning closer to his face and pecked his cheek.

 

“Let’s cook then”, she said and he smiled. He stood up and pulled her up along with him. They smiled to each other, before racing to the kitchen with happy giggles echoed in the house.

 

***

She squinted her eyes in fear. The body of the person inside that car was already evacuated and brought into the ambulance. With trembling steps, she walked closer to the opened door of ambulance. Her body was trembling from head to toe, couldn’t believe on what she saw. An unmoving body was lying inside, with lots of cable connected to it. She braced herself to step inside and sat next to the medics who were busy trying to keep the victim alive.

 

In a blink, the ambulance raced its fastest to the nearby hospital.

 

And she couldn’t stop herself from trembling.

 

***

She leaned in to take his hand and kissed it softly. He smiled weakly, as he lied on the hospital’s bed powerlessly. She looked at him softly and caressed his head lovingly. Her sight brimmed with her tears, as she bit her lips to fight the urge to cry. She needed to be strong for him.

 

But a little drop of tear managed to escape, and he noticed it.

 

He took out his hand and weakly wiped her tears. She smiled and held his hand even tighter.

 

“I’m sorry”, he whispered and caressed her cheeks. She shook her head and buried her face into his palm.

 

“It wasn’t your fault, Daehyun”, she answered and gripped his hand tightly. ‘I can do this, we can do this.’ “We’ll get through this, together,” she said and wiped her own tears.

 

“Let’s be strong together”

 

He just smiled and moved his hand to her head, patted it softly.

 

‘I’m sorry for making you sad’, he thought and pulled her towards him.

 

He pecked her forehead softly, silently gulped back the tears that urging to roll down his pale cheeks.

 

“Yeah, we’ll get through this. Surely”, he said as he wrapped his weak arm around her shoulder.

 

She laid her face next to him, and closed her eyes in peace, feeling the warmth sent through his arm.

 

He hugged her shoulder tighter and let one teardrop escaped while she wasn’t looking.

 

‘Be strong baby, I’ll support you, wherever I’ll end up at…’

 

***

 

She stopped at the front door of the surgery room. The victim lost too much blood and broke every bone of its body. Blood were dripping everywhere, drowned its body in the color of red. She caught a part of the victim’s body was opened and the flesh could be seen. She covered in disgust, but still followed until she reached the surgery room.

 

The surgeons closed the door quickly and left her outside, alone. She was frozen in front of that room, not knowing what to do. She could hear the surgeons were already doing their jobs, and there was this sound she was so familiar to hear.

 

The surgeons’ panic rambling.

 

And the ear-stinging heartbeat detector.

 

‘Daehyun…. I’m scared’

 

***

 

“You need to stay here, Miss”, one surgeon stopped her track as the other brought him inside. She pushed the surgeon, trying to walk through but the surgeon held her back.

 

“He’s dying! How could you not let me go inside! I need to be by his side!”, she yelled as she tried to break-free from the surgeon’s grip. Tears were already rolling down her cheeks. Her knees went jelly, but she tried to keep strong, for him.

 

“I’m sorry, Miss. You’re not allowed to go inside. Please wait here”

 

“We promised to be strong together! I need to be inside! To be by his side! I DON’T WANT HIM TO SUFFER BY HIS OWN!”, she yelled even louder. The surgeon pushed her to the nearest couch and held her.

 

“Please, stay here, Miss. We’ll do the best we can do”

 

With that, the surgeon left her sitting on her own. With tears rolling down like a river. Her hands went numbed, before burying her face into another heartbreaking cry.

 

“Don’t leave me you jerk….”, she muttered between her cries.

 

***

 

She hugged her knees tightly as she waited for the surgery room’s door flung opened. She didn’t cry, but her body was trembling really hard. She didn’t like this situation. It reminded her for something she was trying to forget lately.

 

She was sick of hospital’s disgusting scent.

 

She hated how everything in the hospital seemed so depressing.

 

Or maybe she was depressed by herself.

 

For the whole time, maybe she was depressed on her own.

 

***

 

She leaned in, while her soft hand wiping the cold skin of his. His eyes were closed in deep slumber, not being awake from the slight movement she made. An oxygen mask was on his face, providing fresh air for him to breathe. Wires were all over his body, tools for him to stay alive. She held back her tears, staring at him lovingly before taking his hand into hers.

 

She pulled up his hand to her cheeks, caressing her own cheeks with his hand. Steady beat from the detector was the only thing played in the background.

 

“Wake up Daehyun, you’ve been sleeping for the whole week….”, she muttered. A tear finally escaped from her eyes and went rolling down to his hand. Its warmth didn’t give any effect to his cold hand. She rubbed his hand with hers, trying to make it warm.

 

“Aren’t you tired of sleeping? Cmon, wake up”, she whispered as her hands kept rubbing on his hand. But he didn’t give any reaction. A silence was she got for an answer.

 

She broke down into tears as she slowly leaned to bury her face into his hand. She couldn’t handle it herself. She was tired of being depressed.

 

“Please Daehyun, wake up….”

 

It was another silence she got, before she realized that the sound of the detector went slower and slower than before. She got up and stared at the machine in disbelief.

 

‘No...’

 

And as she blinked, the detector went to a straight line.

 

 

***

 

She limply walked into the surgery room. The surgeons were already out, leaving the body inside the room, covered by a white sheet. She tremblingly reached out her hand, pulling the sheet off from the victim’s body.

 

Her eyes widened in shock.

 

The condition of the victim was terrible. It was a girl. With half of her face gone into fleshes of red with her skin went paler than white. Her broken bones were still seen, and bruises were covering all of her body. Blood traces were decorating her white skin, with some stitches made by the surgeon.

 

But her eyes weren’t aware of the terrible condition.

 

Her eyes were plastered on a familiar piece metal clinging on the victim’s ring finger. She pulled of the ring tremblingly, and looked to the inside of the ring.

 

Her name, and Daehyun’s name were engraved on it.

 

It was her ring.

 

It was her body.

 

The dead body was hers……

 

And suddenly, all of her sight went white, as she fell down to the ground. She went dizzy, and she felt her body went lighter and lighter.

 

‘Am I dead?’, she thought, her eyelids got heavier everytime she blinked.

 

Then everything went like a slideshow in her head. The moment he left her alone in this world. The time when she went to club and made herself drunk. Days full of crying and depression. The moment when she drove her car while she was drunk.

 

And those flips and hit she felt by the time her car hit the sideroad.

 

She was dead.

 

‘I am dead…..’

 

Everything went warmer then. She looked up with squinted eyes, noticing the bright light emerged from nowhere.

 

“It’s time…”, the sound echoed. A hand was reached out for her, and she hesitantly took it. The hand pulled her up and that was when she recognized the hand’s owner.

 

“Daehyun….”, she voiced out. The figure smiled and pulled her closer. She hugged him tightly and broke to another tear inside his embrace.

 

“Sorry for making you went through hard time”, he mumbled as he caressed her hair.

 

“Let’s go”, he said again and pulled back from the hug. She just nodded and let her being dragged along with him.

 

She was with him again. She finally went away with him.

 

Leaving the reality, into the eternity.

 

 



 

It , i know. It's too long, I know.

But this idea had been bugging me so I really need to post this.

Sorry if it's not that good.

The gray one is the past, if you didn't notice :)

THANKS A LOT FOR READING THIS

Comments are currently needed for me to improve :)

Thank you so much :)