1

That Punk Next Door

“You’ve got to be kidding me.

 

Being that it was reaching five in the morning, and the mind-bottling situation being the third botheration this week, I tossed my body weight to the other side furiously. Quickly, before the singer’s bellowing voice could belt their heart out, I shoved my pillows on both my ears, carefully blocking any access for noise to enter. It didn’t help though, so I groaned in mere frustration.

 

Seriously? Doing this again?

 

Although in fact, it wasn’t the endless and sleepless nights. Nor the unbearable, annoying music blaring from the expensive speakers, no, the problem and main source of my slow-growing insanity was him. My new neighbor.

 

The arrival of a new face in our neighborhood did get some people talking beforehand. It was rare for some one outside of the country to transfer into my high school, and I was sure whoever they could be would be sure to turn heads once they stepped foot into Maxwell High School. Or what all the students like to call it, Maxcell - basically referring it to that of a jail because the majority of the students hated the massive security and strict rules.  

 

I didn’t really know what to expect from him, god knows I tried avoiding him. But that deemed to be impossible. Like tonight.

 

My annoying teacher had reminded me countless times this passing week that our test for Chesmistry was scheduled for Friday first thing in the morning. Trust me, I remembered. I studied, I did what a good-girl like me was suppose to do. But that didn’t stop Jongin from playing his opera music. Nope, it made him tempted to turn it up more. Funny though, we have the class together, but it does not look like he cared in the slightest bit if I got a bad grade or not. When my mental thoughts had come to a stop, I finally got up and furiously shifted the my bedroom curtain, revealing the face behind my misery.

 

He turned his back and looked for something. It was a book. He grabbed a marker and wrote something down, showing it to me pressing it against the window.

 

Bothering you?’ it said. I sneered as I looked back up in his amused eyes. Sarcastically shaking my head, I was so eager to flip him off already for keeping me up pass 2 am.

 

He scribbled something down again before I could turn my back to him.

 

‘Sleep well~’ this one said.

 

The only thing I could do was squint and reread the words Jongin had just wrote over and over again. Sleep well...sleep well? How could I possibly sleep, let alone sleep well.

 

Can this be a joke to him? After the fifth time of reading it over, I stared at him once more. His tanned face was serious, but those lips were just twitching to curl at me. Getting more than fed up, I fufilled my want and showed him my precious middle finger. Storming away, I could literally hear his laughing over the blaring music.