Wrong Neighborhood

Protection (HIATUS)

 

"Umm Tiff?" Jessica said warily. The two were in a pretty rough part of Seoul. This was also a part of the city Jessica had problems with. 
 
Tiffany looked at Jessica questioningly. "Yeah?"
 
"I don't know how to tell you this exactly..." Jessica rubbed her arm and looked away from her charge. 
 
"Tell me what?" Tiffany grabbed Jessica's shoulders, "Don't tell me you're in love with me?!"
 
Jessica pried the redhead's grip from her shoulders. "Uh? Hell no! You're too much to take care of as is. I couldn't deal with you as a lover. Why would?..." Jessica shook her head. "Never mind. I wanted tell you that I ummm... This part of town and I don't get along. Well, more like the people on this side of town I don't get along with."
 
"Oh thank goodness!" Tiffany sighed. She felt like she just dodged a bullet. "What's the problem?"
 
"I've kinda beat up a lot of the neighborhood gang members here," the blonde smiled sheepishly. The gang here hated her. 
 
"When you had that little business of yours?"
 
"Yeah, but don't disparage it. I made a pretty penny doing that!"
 
"Whatever. Too bad blondie, we told Heechul we would do this."
 
"You told him, blatantly ignoring my say in this."
 
"Come on!" Tiffany tugged the girl's sleeve to get her moving. "We have to meet up with Taetae!"
 
"I don't care about that damn monkey."
 
 
Jessica begrudgingly walked next to Tiffany, trying to pry the redhead off of her arm. The redhead was getting scared of the many pairs of eyes wandering about her frame. The blonde knew the girl was scared, but didn't want to draw more attention to themselves. 
 
"Tiffany, we're almost at the corner. Let go."
 
"No way!"
 
 
 
 
******
 
 
 
At the corner, a short girl with blondish, brownish hair wearing a black sweatshirt, hood up stood. She was smiling like a dork to herself as she watched women walk past her. Quite a ert, one would deem if they'd seen this girl's smile. She was drawing her head side to side taking in the view hen two girls, that certainly stood out, approached her. This short girl's smile went from erted to mischievous. 
 
The two noticeable girls stood to the side of her on the street corner. The short girl scooted closer to the girl that was clinging on the stoic one trying to hide her face. The clinger yelped when she felt someone's hand on her behind. 
 
"What now?" the stoic one complained. 
 
Pointing to the short girl and then striking her shoulder, "This little kid just d me!"
 
Jessica made her way to the other side of Tiffany and picked the 'kid' up by her collar with her right hand, then slammed her into the wall of the building behind them. "Kid, do you like those hands?"
 
The short girl smiled and held onto Jessica's wrist that was holding her up. She would be lying if she said she wasn't scared right now, though. "Kid? I'm centuries older than you, blondie."
 
"Who are you?" Jessica's face showed nothing, but she was surprised. 
 
"Awww, blondie don't tell me you forgot about your favorite demon?" the girl pouted. 
 
Jessica let the girl go, ending with her dropping on the cement. Demon? The protector only knew of one. This was... "Taeyeon?!"
 
Grinning and running to hug Tiffany, was a very cheeky Taeyeon. Tiffany was shocked by the information, but hugged her back. "Taetae?! But you're not a monkey!"
 
"Of course not Fany-ah! I can't walk in the human world like a monkey. I'm in my human form! I'm cute, aren't I?" the demon smiled at the redhead. 
 
Jessica pulled Taeyeon by the back of her collar away from Tiffany. "No more touching. I could kill you, you know?"
 
"H-hey now, I was just happy to s-see Fany," the demon explained with her hands up in defeat. She was there when the blonde was training, Jessica could definitely kill her. "Besides, you don't want to kill me. I'm just a little weak demon."
 
"Whatever, midget. You better not go clinging onto Tiffany anymore." Jessica let go of the scared demon and stood in between her charge and Taeyeon. "Aren't going to tell us where exactly we're supposed to go?"
 
Taeyeon nodded and fist pumped, "Follow me!" 
 
The redhead and blonde followed the dorky demon chuckling. Tiffany found Taeyeon even more amusing like this. Jessica just wanted to shove the demon in a box and mark it 'Unwanted'. The blonde couldn't deny though, it was okay to see Taeyeon again. 
 
 
 
 
******
 
 
 
"Well, well, well. Is that who I think it is?" a tall muscular guy stepped into the path of the trio. He had the cheesiest smile and beamed it at a certain blonde. "Jung Jessica~" he sung. "How nice of you to visit this humble neighborhood. Come to hurt more of my guys?"
 
Jessica pushed Tiffany behind her. Even with Tiffany's training, she could not disregard her job. "Taecyeon is it? I don't know who your guys are and your ual preferences are of no business to me." 
 
"You shouldn't joke around here. You've come to the wrong neighborhood. I run this place now." This Taecyeon stopped smiling and begun to glare at the blonde. 
 
"I'm not joking around with anyone. That was a serious statement. Now, get out of my way."
 
"Not so fast!" Taecyeon rushed in front of Jessica and tried to reach for Tiffany. "I like this friend of yours, Jess. Let me show her around the neighborhood."
 
Jessica clamped her left hand down on the guy's forearm and twisted it. "You touch her, you die."
 
Unfazed by the blonde's threat, "Oh? Your girlfriend, is she? Bad taste in people I see she has." Taecyeon looked behind him and five other guys came out from a shop. "Jessica, you remember my guys? They would love to fight you again."
 
Jessica sent a straight kick to Taecyeon's thigh and released her grip. He stumbled backwards but stayed standing. "Poor Taec, can't even defend himself against a girl," Jessica mocked. 
 
"GET HER!" Taecyeon screamed at his gang members. The five guys rushed forward.
 
Jessica and Tiffany defended themselves for a short while, but neither was using their aura. They would need that later. Taeyeon was trying to defend her little self too, but she really is a weak demon. The guys were able to corner the girls and knock them out. 
 
 
 
 
******
 
 
 
"Wakey Wakey, Jess baby!" Taecyeon sang off tune to an unconscious Jessica. Her hands were bound behind her back and her feet were tied together as well. She groaned coming back to consciousness because of the guy's terrible singing. Jessica's eye fluttered and squinted, taking in the light. The blonde shifted to sitting upright and looked around. She was the only one awake out of the three of them. Tiffany and Taeyeon were next to her, bound as well. 
 
"What the hell..." she mumbled. 
 
Taecyeon stepped from the far side of the room, smiling. "You're in our hang out. Don't worry. We didn't do anything while you girls were out." He waved a hand dismissively in the air, "It's not fun if we can't see your reactions."
 
"Hang out?" she snorted. "A little old to have a super secret 'hang out', aren't we Taec?"
 
Taecyeon rushed to Jessica again, grabbing her face in his hand. She noted how rough his hands actually were. 'Obviously not one to actually sit idle.' she thought. Jessica kept her hands behind her, not risking anything. 
 
"You don't get to mock me in my domain, Jessica. You're in the basement of our hang out, and I'm gonna do whatever I want to do to you and your cute little friends." 
 
Jessica knew he wasn't bluffing. From prior experience with the guy, she knew he's the type to hold grudges and be brutal when dishing out his 'revenge.' 
 
 
Taecyeon let go of Jessica's face and scooted down to her ankles. He began untying the rope on her. "I hope your girlfriend wakes up when I'm doing what I'm about to do. It would be so great to see the look on her face."
 
Jessica stiffened when his hands locked themselves around her ankles. This was not going to happen. He tried to spread her legs when two people came in from the door on the other side of the basement. One of them said, "Taec, bosses want to see them." 
 
Taecyeon groaned in annoyance and let go of Jessica. "Okay." He left Jessica's ankles untied and stood her up. Looking to the two other guys, "You gonna help me with these two?"
 
They scrambled and lifted Tiffany and Taeyeon's unconscious bodies. The three captives were led out of the basement and up the stairs into the main building. Jessica thought the place looked familiar. Her memory served her right when she heard the muffled sounds of people singing. Norebang. They finally stopped, after passing through the entire first floor and up another flight of stairs, at a back room on the second floor. 
 
 
 
Taecyeon pushed Jessica through the door and the guys carrying her companions followed. Tiffany and Taeyeon stirred when the guys just dropped them on the floor of the room. Jessica nearly pounced on them. Instead, she glared at them so fiercely, that even with her contained, they avoided eye contact and backed away from her. 
 
 
The room they were in had a large desk with two chairs situated behind it. Sitting in those chairs were two people not paying attention to who had just entered the room. One was yelling at some underling for more snacks. The other was complaining about the other shouldn't be eating so much. 
 
Taecyeon cleared his throat, gaining the attention of the two people. "Bosses, we brought the intruders."
 
The one complaining looked at Taecyeon then around to Jessica, Taeyeon, and stopping her gaze on Tiffany. "Leave," she ordered. Taecyeon and the other people left in a hurry. 
 
 
These two bosses stood up and approached their captives. The one demanding food was tall and skinny. The complainer was way shorter, about Taeyeon's height. Looking at Jessica, the tall one spoke, "You the one Taec said was prying into our business?"
 
"Wasn't prying into anyone's business." Jessica held her mask of indifference. "But... I was looking for someone. Two people in fact."
 
The short one stepped in front of jessica, glaring. "And who would these two people be?"
 
"Kim Hyoyeon and Choi Sooyoung."
 
The bosses sent each other smirks. "Well you found them!" they exclaimed in unison. 
 
 
Jessica smirked too. "I know." The blonde sent a punch to each of her target's faces and they fell back. The short one was faster and ended up receiving a glancing blow. The tall one's was full contact to the cheek. 
 
 
Tiffany and Taeyeon immediately stood up and placed themselves on either side of Jessica.
 
"Holy peas in a blanket! I hate playing dead for so long!" Taeyeon exclaimed. 
 
Tiffany frowned at Taeyeon. "It's pigs in a blanket, Taetae. And I agree with you."
 
"Sorry, but that was the plan. Now will you two pay attention to the task at hand?" Jessica snarled. Now she was wishing that they had stayed 'unconscious'. 
 
 
"Omo! Hyo, it's the princess!" the tall one said, apparently unaffected by the punch. "I knew it! I knew it! You owe me a week to any restaurant!"
 
"Fine, fine. All you can eat?" Hyoyeon said defeated. 
 
"No way! That's getting off easy! I want I go to that really expensive restaurant in Gangnam. That one you even have to pay to make a reservation." Sooyoung pranced around the shorter girl. 
 
"THAT PLACE?! Are you trying to bankrupt me?!" Hyoyeon exploded. 
 
 
Some rope was thrown at the pair, whipping them in the face. "Sorry to interrupt your lover's quarrel, but we have business with you two," Jessica said annoyed. 
 
 
Hyoyeon faced her and smirked, "You think throwing more of those little mosquito bites at us will do anything?"
 
Tiffany and Jessica exchanged looks of amusement. "No, but if you want more, all you have to do is ask," Tiffany said before he and Jessica lunged at the comedic pair.
 
 
 
 
 
__________________________________
A/N: Well damn.... Yesterday was our senior class trip. This of us that didn't want to pay $80 to go to a lame theme park, took the day off. At about 2am yesterday, friends just started deciding on going to the beach, via group messaging. I'm like a grumpy old man when you wake me up, so I called one of them and told them to pass on the message that I would drive and if they wanted to wake me up again, they're SOL for a ride. So, instead of being antisocial and writing, I went to the beach with a group of friends. Blame them for the delayed update. 
 
In other news, how's my Hyoyoung's first appearance? ^_^