Room 411

Let Me Love You

It was a crisp February morning.  Sunlight was beaming through the window in apartment 411.  The apartment was quiet.  The walls were covered with books, with more stacked on the floor.  Papers were scattered across a large computer table.   There were boxes fill with random objects through out the room.  The only place not cluttered in the small apartment was the bed.  It was still perfectly made, not having been slept on.

On the floor behind the computer table someone was beginning to stir.  Wrapped in a large blanket, Byunghun stretched out his arms, letting out a soft yawn.  He slowly stood up and yawned once more.  He dragged himself to his bathroom and brushed his teeth and washed his face.  He didn't have plans to leave his apartment so he kept his bed head hair untouched.  Byunghun headed to the door.  He peeked through the eye hole to check if the hallway was clear.  He slowly opened door, enough for him to reach his arm out to grab the milk carton waiting by his door.  Byunghun pulled the milk carton in and found a yellow post-it note attached to it. 'It's A Beautiful Day' it read.  A picture of a couple in enjoying a sunny day was drawn beneath the words.  Byunghun pulled the note off and added it to stack of other post-its he had collected.  
 
Byunghun placed the milk carton on his kitchen table.  He walked over to his window and opened the curtains wider.  Through the glass he could see a more modern apartment building.  The other apartment building was built so close to his own that he could actually see into the apartment across from him.  From the other apartment, Byunghun watched as a man was getting ready for his day.  He was tall, lean, and very handsome.  Byunghun felt his heart melt as the other man  stretched in front of window, unaware that he was being monitored from across the way.  The other man walked into his kitchen and prepared some coffee and toasted.  Byunghyun went to his own kitchen and prepared himself toast and hot chocolate.  After he finished making his food, he sat by his window to continue to observed the other man.   The other man was now sitting in his living room with his breakfast while reading a newspaper.  Byunghun imitated the other man, taking a manuscript he was editing and reading it while eating his meal.  When they were done with with breakfast the man from the other building began to clean his apartment.  Byunghun did the same.  Afterwards, the other climbed on to his treadmill and began jogging.  Byunghun had no exercise equipment of his own so he lightly jogged in his living room, while still keeping an eye on the other man from his window.  It was soon time for the other man to go to work.  He disappeared into his room, leaving Byunghun slightly disappointed.    Byunghun pulled a chair up to his window so he could sit while he waited for the other man to appear.  He soon was lost in his own thoughts.
 
It's a cool fall afternoon.  It was one of the few days that Byunghun had actually left the comforts of his apartment.  Usually he would be hiding in his apartment, but the beautiful weather lured him out.  He was sitting on a park bench enjoying the scenary.  He closed his eyes and raised his face towards the autumn sun.  He was enjoying the warmth when he felt a shadow over him.   He opened his eyes to see what was blocking the sun.  In front stood a handsome stranger.  Byunghun couldn't help but stare, his mouth agape in awe.  In that short moment, he felt his heart skip a beat.  The handsome stranger turned his attention to Byungyun and the latter turned away in embarrassment.  From the corner of his eye, Byunghun saw the handsome man walking off.  Byunghun stood up and began to follow the man from a distance.   He wasn't sure what he was doing but he wanted to prolong his time with the handsome man, even if it was from a far.  Simply walking around the park, the man looked like a model.  Byunghun watch as the handsome man adopted a puppy from an old man try to sell his litter.  Not only is he good looking but kind too, Byunghun thought.  However, his persuit came to an end when the handsome man entered the parking lot outside of the park.  He sadly watch the other man get into his car and drive off.  Byunghun sighed.  He was sure he wouldn't see the man again.
Later that evening, Byunghun went to the grocery store to pick up a few items before heading back home.  As he was checking out, he was suprised to find that he had won a prize.  The store was celebrating their anniversary and giving away prizes  for each 100th, 500th, and 1000th customer.   Byunghun happened to be the 500th customer and won a pair of binoculars.  I guess it must be my luck day.  I met a handsome stranger and won a prize.
When Byunghun got home, he decided to try out his prize.  He pulled the binoculars out of its box and studied it for a moment.  He looked into them and was suprised to see how well they worked.  Being curious about his new toy,  Byunghun took them to the window to test it's range.    He gazed over to the apartment build across from his.  He used his binoculars to peek into different residences.  He stopped when a familiar figure came into his sight.  Byunghun pulled down his binoculars and looked with his own eyes.  He used the binoculars again to confirm his vision.  In the apartment right across from his lived the handsome stranger.  Byunghun couldn't believe his luck.  He never expected to see the other man again, but there he was.
 
From that day on Byunghun would watch other man from his window.   Even though he watched over the other man, he never had the confindence to approach the other in person.  Unlike himself, the other man seem to exude confindence.  Byunghun just lived vicariously through the him from his window. 
 
Byunghun stopped his reminicing once the other man came back into his view.  The handsome man was now dress in a grey suit with his hair styled back.   Byunghun observed as the man gathered his things and left the apartment.
 
"Good bye.  I hope you have a good day." Byunghun waved.  Though he knew his words couldn't be heard by the other man, he still hope that by saying it, it would somehow reach him.  
 
Byunghun pushed his chair back to his desk and took a seat in front of his computer.  He gathered his paper and started on his unfinished work from the night before.  Byunghun wasn't comfortable in outside world.  He felt like it was nothing but hurt and disappointment.    Because of his anxiety, Byunghun was allowed to work from home.  His boss would have his work delieverd to him and he would mail it back when he finished.  He settled on being an editor.  Byunghun had originally wanted to be a writer, but because the outside world made him anxious, he had little experience to write about.  Byunghun gazed up to the pictures he hung on his wall.  They were places he had always wanted to visit.  This was Lee Byunghun's life.  Longing to experience the outside world, but never having the courage to take the first step out.  

A/N:  I know this chapter was boring.  I guess these next chapters will be more of an introduction.

Byunghun seems really sad and stalker-ish, right?  Don't worry, I don't plan to keep him lame for long.

Thank you for subscribing: CosmoQueen, -chuppachups-, senias, JPOPKPOP, PuririXD, RandomShrooms1045, Sabiya, badvolkan91, aerin01, pinkcotton, Stefany, ilovebaekho, & LittleT3DDYB3AR.