Chapter 1

Love Shot AKA One Shot and Before

The double doors snapped around their hinges against the wall.  He strode angrily into his father’s study.  He slammed a hand down on his father’s desk.

“Father,” growled Youngjae.

“YoungJae.  I expected better from you.”

“Heh.  Don’t make me laugh.  Like father like son.  You killed Bang Yongguk’s father because he kept defying you,” snapped Youngjae.

“You’re too young to understand my conflict with the former jjang.”

“Too young, father?  You must be senile in your old age.  I love Yongguk,” shouted Youngjae.

“You will learn that such feelings of intimacy are generally illusions created by lust.”

“I will protect him from you, no matter what it takes.”

“Be prepared boy.”

“And I will give him what he deserves…you head on a platter, father.  Beware.”   YoungJae turned and stalked away from the table.

“Sir?  Shall I give the order to fire?

Feh.  The old man wanted him dead?  Like hell would he make it easy.  Sure, he’d sent his right hand to guard Yongguk-hyung, but he wasn’t helpless without the kid.  He’d make it and probably take half and a bit of his father’s organization with him.

“No.  This will be interesting.  I wonder what games the boy will play.  Life has been less interesting, since Jaeah died.  Besides, I would hate to disappoint his mother after she spent so much money backing me against her eternal rival.”

What a hypocrite!  YoungJae scoffed remembering his parting words to his father.

He didn’t notice until too late, a bag was pulled over his head.  He brought his elbow hard into his assailant’s bowels.  Another – had to be another, as his first assailant was doubled over in pain and groaning – grabbed his arms and forced them back.  They shoved him forward, walking him over to a room where they sat him to a chair and chained him there. 

“Boss you want the camera running?”

“Yes.”

Fingers snapped, it had to have been his father, and the bag was removed from his head.

“For our plan to continue.”

“Go yourself,” snarled Youngjae.  “I can’t do it.”

“Can’t or won’t?”

“I won’t.  I told you.  I love him,” spat Youngjae.  He pulled at his chains.  “Let me go, you old coot.”

“Heh,” said his father, squatting down to his son’s seated level.  “We’ll see.”  He smirked, then smashed his fist into Youngjae’s face.

“Cut.  Start new video!”

Youngjae glared.  His father dealt him another blow.

“Get rid of that one.  Hit him and put a price on his head.  Send the video to BAP.”

“Heh,” Youngjae did his best not to allow pain to enter his expression.  He knew it would hurt them, especially Yonggukkie.  He never wanted things to end up this way.  He never should have taunted his father, never should have fallen for his childhood friend.  Now, now he was paying for it.

This was just the beginning.  The bastard wasn’t going to stop until Yonggukkie and his gang were dead.  Well, that was if Youngjae hadn’t planned for an event like this.  He’d hoped that it wouldn’t come to this, but now he had no choice.  Yonggukkie and his gang were going to jail.

Heh.  To think that he’d entered the police force to become a mole for his father.  Now, he was going to use that power to save the one he loved from certain death.  He knew the dangers of prison, but it had to be better than dying, right?  If Yonggukkie died, Youngjae wouldn’t be able to live without him.  Guess the jokes on you papa dearest. 

“Damn you, you old coot,” snarled Youngjae, spitting out blood.