In the feels

Right in the feels (sequel to "Sometimes it doesn't work")

Sometimes there may be a relapse.
When you think you got over, and that you’re ready to move on, something happens and… right in the feels.

It may be one day later, or thirty.
Thirty days. One month.
Apparently, that was all it had taken for Hoya to forget.
To forget her.

Seeing him with another person so quick had been right in the feels.

That “friend” of his had invited him to go to a café with the other models after the runaway, and he had accepted it right away! And since when he was friends with models?! Why was it different now?! He would most often decline Lizzy’s invitations, but with this new girl, he was all over heals?!

“Such a…” – Lizzy mumbled while watching that…that “friend” give her Hoya a back hug.
What was it that had called his attention on that girl?! Could it have been the long legs…the fake hair, the tons of make-up she’d wear?!
The way she caressed his hair as if he belonged to her… It had been right in the feels.

Lizzy saw it when the conceited model sipped Hoya’s pineapple juice. She watched it all from the table across from their table, so she also saw it when he looked at the girl with an expression Lizzy knew well.
A look that said “couldn’t you ask?”.
He used to give her the same glare whenever she ate his snacks without asking, and the way he’d move his eyebrows in a reproving way was so cute… Those memories… right in the feels.

And he was still so cute…

Wait, cute?!
Vain! Stuck up!
Lizzy heard it when her boy…her ex-bo… Hoya’s friend said he was cute, and he smiled instantly!
He would always get cocky whenever Lizzy complimented him… true it’d be a joke, and that’d make her laugh a lot at his lame imitation of Tony Stark, and she would tickle him to make him stop, and…wait a minute. What was that? What was he wearing?

“No way…” – Lizzy mumbled upon seeing what Hoya wore under the jacket: a pink shirt. Not any pink shirt. Lizzy’s favorite pink shirt. The “sorry” pink shirt.

He had told her once, that he’d wear her favorite color to apologize, so that even if he wouldn’t be able to express himself through words, nor numbers, she would understand him.
What the heck… man, what the heck was he playing?! That had been right in the feels!

“Why…” – Lizzy mumbled. The sparkling water bottle was her only companion, therefore the only one to notice the mix of puzzling sadness and slight angry confusion in her voice.

However, such feelings had all turned into ashes when she saw those guys.
Hoya’s stupid smile plus his friends’ stupid smiles…urgh!
They had never been mean or anything, but they had always had that aura towards her…that “he’s too smart for you” aura.
What she hated the most was that they were probably right, and that there was the possibility Hoya thought the same... those thoughts… right in the feels.

“How many of those do you do per day?” – Lizzy heard. It had been Myungsoo, one of Hoya’s friends. One they had in common.

Leaning her head a bit to the left, Lizzy saw an origami heart, made with an orange napkin.
Orange origami hearts… it was their thing.
Lizzy had taught him how to do it, and Hoya would do it every once in a while. He would always make two. A pair.
She had told him to practice, in order not to forget and…well, Hoya is the kind that takes things seriously.
Oh, how she had always hated that! But…as much as she hated it, Lizzy had to admit that seeing that origami heart had been right in the feels.    

Oh, and there comes that plastic girl again!
Her perfect legs, her perfect teeth, her perfect figure, and her perfect behavior made her perfect to hate on!
Lizzy compared them two, trying to find a reason for her Hoy…her…not “her”, simply Hoya, to be drooling like a starving puppy, and the results had been the worst possible.
Legs… longer than Lizzy’s.
Waist… thinner than Lizzy’s.
Hair…more shiny than Lizzy’s.
Personality…more classy than Lizzy’s.
Perfect to hate on!

It was only when miss-obviously-everyone’s-ideal-type said something close to Hoya’s ear, way to close, that Lizzy felt her blood truly boil.

But hey! On your face! Whatever the chick had said, Hoya had not approved of!

Lizzy could say it based on the way he moved his eyebrows. The “what are you talking about?!” move.
She couldn’t help but smile.
She tried to hold it, but that smile became impossible to be held when the girl left to the opposite side of the café without Hoya; and she felt her face burn when he looked at her and their eyes met; she felt her heart skip when he stood up; her breath got caught when he took the origami heart and cautiously placed it on his pink shirt’s left pocket, close to his heart; and she felt everything at once when he held his hand on his pocket… on the origami heart… on his heart.

When Hoya walked on her table’s direction, Lizzy mumbled something that only the sparkling water bottle had been able to understand.


Hoya walked on her direction, but his eyes had long left her.
He passed through her table, towards the door, and without looking at her, he left.

A second later, a waiter places a huge cup of pineapple juice on Lizzy’s table.
A cup, and an envelope.
Inside of it, Lizzy found an origami heart made with an orange napkin.. Hoya always makes a pair…
What was that supposed to mean? Did he… Damn it...
Whatever that had meant, Lizzy couldn’t deny it…
“Right in the feels…” – she mumbled.