I'll Protect You

I'll Protect You

 Zelo POV

They were doing it again. I don’t understand them, why were they doing this? Everyday, they would do this. They were saying words that my hyung said were bad. People weren’t supposed to say bad words, but why were they saying the bad words to me? Why were they directing it towards me? I didn’t do anything to them. I furrowed my brows at them, scolding, “Why are you saying those words? They are bad, so you shouldn’t say them!” They just laughed at me, and continued to tell me weird things.

 They told me that I was hideous, but my hyung told me I was beautiful, and my hyung would never lie to me. They started to hurt me, but why? It hurt so much, but I couldn’t say anything, and my body was numb. They continued to hurt me, and tell me that I was worthless. Yongguk hyung said I was the most useful person in the world, and Yongguk hyung wouldn’t ever lie to me. They still did it, they still hurt me. Then Yongguk hyung came. He saved me. He was my saviour.

Yongguk’s POV

I was a man, nothing less. Men weren’t supposed to cry. Men aren’t supposed to be what I’m like. But It couldn’t be helped, they were hurting my baby. The only one who brought happiness to my life. I didn’t know why I didn’t know why I hadn’t helped him sooner. Maybe because I was a selfish coward. But after a few moments i ran over to him, and beat those ing thugs until they begged for my mercy. When I picked Zelo up, he clung to me, like a moth to a flame. But I didn’t mind, and hugged him back.

I carried him home, and he was sobbing into my shoulder. The temptation to cry was too much, and when we had gotten home, I started sobbing as well. When I looked up, I found Junhong looking at me with big red puffy eyes, asking, “Hyung why are you crying?” I looked away, wiped my tears, and looked back at him with no traces of the wet substance. “What tears?”

I knew it was wrong, to pretend that I was strong, and willing to take any challenge on. I was trying to be something I wasn’t, but I guess it was okay if I was doing it for someone I hold dear to my heart. But It still wasn’t right. I was a pretender, someone who sought out to be many things, but never aspired to be themselves. I could’ve only ever been myself in Junhong’s presence. He was a diamond in the rough to me, he was the only one who had shined in the sea of dust, who claim to be human beings.

They were disgusting. Dust, pests, they were everywhere. They come in all packages, but the more common ones are the hypocrites, the judgers, discriminators, and lastly the envious. I practically worked with them, ate the food they made, used the things they made, and lived amongst them. So doesn’t that make me a pest as well? I am disgusting, I am nothing more than the average pest. And so are you.

Zelo POV

I was comfortable here. In my hyung’s arms. He made the pain go away, he makes me feel wanted. I felt safe, because he guards me, and makes the mean people go away. I love my hyung, and I feel ever better when he suddenly squeezes me tight. He makes me feel like there are butterflies in my stomach, like it was doing flips. It wasn’t a bad thing, in fact it was the best feeling in the world. I don’t know why some people think hate is the most powerful emotion.

Love is. It can make people hate, happy, sad, hurt, and most of all confused. Love is the root of all emotions. It can lead you to feel all of these emotions, and it can also lead you to lose your emotions. Love can destroy a life, love can make a new one, love can bloom in the most unexpected places, and mine was here, on the couch, snuggling with my hyung while the radio was playing my favourite song.

Himchan’s POV

I hated him. That autistic brat who whored around with my dearest. The one who stole him from me. He was a thief, a burglar in my eyes. The worst kind, the type to steal something so important that couldn’t be bought with all the money in the world. My love was precious and sacred, but he stole my  peace. Even if I had made it so obvious that Yongguk was mine, mine to love, and share happiness with. But he left me with nothing, not even a farewell.

We drifted apart, and he left without a word, and I guess that was the worst type of goodbye. Because i couldn’t say what I had to say

Youngjae’s POV

Homouality. They were going against the law. Something I never had the courage, or the need to do so, and watching people do something so opposite from what my mind was affixed on was shocking. Men aren’t supposed to love, and the people know that, so why are they still loving? I’d never would’ve guessed Yongguk to be the homoual type, let alone be in love with an autistic boy who wasn’t even old enough to be considered legal. That was an even bigger crime. ia.

Yongguk was a homoual e? It’s hard to put in mind. The statement was just so… odd, and unusual. And I know I’m not the only one who thinks it odd, I was probably even thinking the same things, and reacting just the same as the next guy. And To tell you the truth, I was feeling confused, and angry at the same time. Confused, because how could a man like Yongguk possibly fall in love with a boy like Junhong? How could they refuse to abide the laws? Was this what everyone has been telling me, that love is so powerful? That the most unlikely of people fall in love? I was so confused.

Angry, because they did not follow the rules and regulations of the country. What do you think would happen if the people had not been following the law? Chaos would havoc amongst the whole South Korea, and possibly even cause a war with the North Koreans. That is the purpose of the law, it serves as the base for peace, and the government is the one is enforcing it. Did you know that even if one decided to turn against the law, many others might do the same as well? It’s similar to the domino effect. Know that your actions may cause others to follow in suit, whether your intentions were for the good, or bad.

Yongguk’s POV

I felt a burning stare in the back of my head, and turned around to find it was Youngjae staring at me. Why does everyone stare at me in that manner nowadays? Is it because of what I was wearing? I glanced at my clothes, and smoothed my jeans down. I unconsciously patted the dirt off of my shoulders, and roughed up my hair a bit. He was still glaring at me, then I realized, was it because I was a homoual? That had to be it. I suddenly felt insecure, and decided to walk away.

I turned into a corner, and jumped slightly when I saw Youngjae in front of me. I gave him a questioning look, and he looked at me as if I was a madman. It was a showdown, a challenge coming from my opponent. And our battlefield was here, on the curb. I won’t give in, because that was practically losing. Youngjae kept his composure, and managed not to break a sweat. However I could see his slightly quivering lip. Was he afraid? Why was he afraid? Who was he afraid of?

I kept calm, and kept my mind in order, not making any unnecessary movements. Youngjae’s defeat was becoming more and more obvious by the second. A quivering lip, to a twitching nose, then the tears from his eyes. He was breaking, why? What had I ever done to him? I flinched as he fell to his knees, and clutched his hair. Why was he being like this, it wasn’t him. He’s never been like this, in all the years of our friendship, I had never seen him shed tears. I decided to walk away, but I guess if you can’t come to an understanding of a predicament, then abandon it, let go. Some things are forever meant to be a mystery.

Youngjae’s POV

I was still a calm man from the exterior, but speaking internally, I wasn’t doing so well already. My love for my government, and my passion for winning was taking its toll on me. I was starting to realize that looking down upon unusual love was rude, and I stated to fall apart. I wanted to win this, I wanted to prove that I am always correct. But my logic ran short, and I hadn’t thought of my actions before doing them. I now knew I was wrong, and of course my incorrect statement will lead me to my downfall.

And my downfall will lead me to my breaking point. I never lost, I never backed down from a challenge. I thought I could live without making any mistakes. My whole life was a lie. Had I been lying to myself this whole time? Without noticing it, my knees buckled, and I fell to the ground with a dull thud. Then Yongguk left so easily, with triumph on his shoulders, as I kneel here on the pavement, with failure running through my veins. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, I was now a failure. My government would not approve of this.

But with my brilliant mind, I managed to find a solution. I needed to teach myself a lesson. I stood up, and dusted myself off, and held my head high, my bloodshot eyes visible for the world to see. I walked down the streets, and some stared, while others minded themselves. I learned many new things today. Too much pride may lead to disappointment, and too little may cause others to take advantage of you, but the best mix is a little bit of both, because some days we need to be humble, others days, a moment in the spotlight, and most days, we can just be ourselves.

Himchan’s POV

I couldn’t get him out of my head. He was just there, telling a sad tale with his amazing rapping skills. Maybe they were right, I was going crazy. I was suffocating, wallowing in my own misery. Just then, I recalled how the doctor had told me to get some fresh air now and then. Deciding to take his advice, I walked out onto my lawn, and sat down on a chair, looking out at the house in front of mine. The red chairs they had in front of their porch reminded me of him. Yongguk loved red. The tiny tulip garden they had, still reminded me of him. He loved tulips.

I remembered how he used to buy tulips for me, and tell me I was special, that there was no other. I was a fool to believe him, I was a blind loving fool. He was playing a game with me, and I unknowingly drank in every word he said. In my world, his word was the law, that was, until the brat came. I was angry, because he had interrupted my game, he had hacked into my account, and started playing the role of Yongguk’s lover. And also thankful, because the kid helped me realize that I had been a player in Yongguk’s game.

Still, I mourned at our forgotten love, forgotten memories, and forgotten history. Is this how it feels to have heartbreak? It was a first for me, since I gave Yongguk everything. He was my first, and most likely my last. I decided to leave the subject alone, and stared at the house in front of mine. The house had not been bought yet, but then suddenly, I saw a handsome young man exit the front door. He was the epitome of well-built, and was extremely hot. Just then all thoughts of Yongguk flushed away.

I needed someone to help me forget. It was love at first sight. He was walking towards me, and when he was near, he asked me, “Hey, I’m new to the neighbourhood, would you mind showing me around? My name is Moon Jongup by the way.” I just stared at him, and nervously nodded, swallowing the lump in my throat. I immediately stood up, and introduced myself, “Uhh, Kim Himchan. S-sure I’d l-love to show you around.” The boy nodded happily, and I started showing him around, stutter still evident, and nervousness still noticeable.

This boy can help me, and effectively crushed my belief of the saying ‘True love comes once in a lifetime.’ It made me believe that love wasn’t permanent, love was fleeting. I can’t be committed to the same man my whole life, I now believe that you are supposed to love many in a lifetime, and enjoy and savour the memories you create.

Zelo’s POV

I was  sitting on the couch waiting for my hyung. He was late, and I didn’t know why. I was worried for him, I didn’t want him to get hurt. I waited for another hour, but he still didn’t come back. Then I started wondering if he would come back, if I would see his face again. Did he abandon me? No, that was impossible, because my hyung loves me. Then I started to doubt my earlier statements when 2 hours had passed and there were still no signs of him. That’s when I got scared.

I started to shake, and shiver. My lips were quivering, and my eyes started to water. Why did my hyung do this to me? He told me he loved me, and that he would never leave me. I wailed loudly, and cried harder. I didn’t want to be alone, the bad people are going to come back. I hid myself by curling into a ball on the couch. “Please don’t hurt me! Please…Please…” I kept murmuring to myself these pleads of mercy, in hopes of driving away the bad men. Then I just sat there, shaking violently.

I heard the opening of the door, and I looked up expectantly. It was Yongguk, he didn’t abandon me, he was here. He ran over to me, as soon as he saw the state I was in. “Junhong? What’s wrong?” He gathered me into his arms, and my hair whispering sweet  words of comfort into my ear. I wrapped my arms around him, and made myself comfortable on his lap. I cried, and told him, “I-I T-thou-thought you l-left me, I t-thought y-you would n-ne-never c-come b-b-b-back.”

Yongguk stared at me wide eyed, and said,”Junhong, don’t ever come to the conclusion that I will abandon you. I need you, and more than that, you need me. Love makes things easier, and faith makes things possible. You are my love and faith, because you are the only one who can make things possible, by making it easier. Junhong you pabo, I love you.” I was suddenly cheery again. I hugged him tight, and we stayed in that position for what seemed like an eternity.

I should’ve trusted him more. Trust was what love was based on, without it love would be a disaster. But I wouldn’t blame myself for it, how can I trust someone, when I haven’t even learned to trust myself yet? Learn how to trust yourself before learning to trust another, because how can you trust someone when you don’t trust yourself to choose the right people to trust?

Jongup POV

Why was Himchan hyung nervous? I could easily hear him stuttering, and see him shaking. I could see his forehead glistening with sweat. I didn’t bother with it, and just listened to his shaky voice telling me about the neighbourhood. Then I noticed how good looking he actually was. I started to tune him out, and stared at his feminine features instead. His skin a milky colour, and pink lips, pursed ever so slightly to take in the air he was breathing. His high cheekbones, and long slim neck. Sharp collarbones, and beautifully arched eyebrows.

But what caught me most was his dark locks. They stuck up in the air slightly, and shined in the sunlight. This man was pure perfection. He was still nervous though, but that only shows that he’s trying hard not to look like an idiot as much he can in front of me. That he cares what my first impression of him may be. Nervousness was a sign of consciousness, and when he was conscious, that could only mean that he cared about how he looked in front of me. Know that nervousness causes people to see through you easily like an open book, and that confidence can mask your emotions.

Yongguk’s POV

This can’t be happening. No, no, no, no. This wasn’t what I had bargained for, Why was this happening to me? Where was Junhong? I had only left him for a few minutes at the soap department of the supermarket. I looked everywhere thoroughly for 30 minutes, and there was still no sign of him. I ran out of the store, and saw him, standing on the streets, looking lost. “Junhong! Come back here!” He seemed def to my words, and turned to look at me. His eyes looked dead, and void.

Why? I saw him mouth the words ‘I love you.’ Before a truck came rushing by, and hit him dead on. His body hurtled 20 ft. away, and he was immediately out cold. Everything seemed to pass by slowly, I screeched his name, and sprinted towards his body. But I was too slow, why was everything so slow? When I got to him, I chanted his name like a prayer, hoping he would come back to life. But nothing happened, he lay there, unmoving.

Suddenly bright white lights flashed at me, and I looked to where it was coming from, another truck. I didn’t move, I didn’t think, I just let myself be. I only existed, nothing more, but in a few seconds, everything will disappear. I didn’t try to run, because I was satisfied with my faith, I let it be. I flowed with the winds of change, and this was the biggest change about to take place in my life. Then it hit me.

A/N: Hihi its kat, please comment ^^