A Painful Goodbye

A Painful Goodbye

Author's note:

Hi guys! First of all, I want to apologize for not updating my other fanfic "Noona Saranghae". My writer's block have been getting on me lately and I've been very busy with school ever since we moved here in Canada. I really feel bad and sorry to my loyal readers and subscibers who've been waiting for me to update but never did. I promise to make it up to you guys and I will start off with this fic. .. I don't know if you will be greatful for this or  hate me that you want to hunt me & kill me *oh please don't T.T* after you finish reading this fic. Even I myself had a very hard time writing this because it's so painful for me to put my OTP in a very heartbreaking situation. Please forgive me!!!

 

I don't want to make it longer anymore so I will finish off with this... PLEASE DON'T KILL ME AFTER YOU READ THIS!

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

A Painful Goodbye

 

It was a wonderful day. The sun is shining brightly, the wind is blowing gently and the fragrance of the flowers beneath them fills the air. It was one those days where they always go out for a walk and just talk about their future together but now, they’re doing it not for their future but for the remaining days that they still have with each other.

 They were sitting on a park bench under the big oak tree they usually sat on when he suddenly got up and picked up something in front of them. It was a blue violet which was her favorite flower. He then walked slowly towards her and put it behind her ear. She can’t help but to smile from his action but then, sadness hit her inside. She knows the she will miss these feeling whenever she’s with him. She closed her eyes, feeling his warmth as he fixed her loose blonde hair behind her ear.

“Do you really have to go?” he said all of a sudden as he holds her hand and  looks straight at her in hope that she will say no, but she just looks down and nod her head slowly, trying to hide the forming tears in the corner of her eyes. He slowly lifts up her face and held her hand tighter. “It’s ok, I understand… I will wait for you. But promise me that you will come back. Promise me that you will never replace me in your heart and promise me that you will say yes when I ask you to marry me…” He said as he kissed her forehead and pulled her into a tight hug. The tears she was holding started to spill as sobs can be heard from her. She really felt guilty for not telling him the real reason of her leaving. She wanted to keep those promises especially the last one but she had no idea if she could. Only God knows whether they could meet again or not.

After several days, the girl left and the guy was all alone lying on his bed thinking about the girl. He never thought that being apart from her was really painful. He felt empty and incomplete.

  Days and weeks have passed and the longing for her became so strong that every second reminds him of her. He always tend to passed by her house thinking that she was there and would come out any time but she’s not. He even tried following her in America but only to fail for she didn’t tell him what exactly her address was. He tried asking her before she left but every time he asked, she always tends to change the topic or do something else.

Weeks became months and yet there’s still no sign of her. She stops communicating with him and that made him worry even more. Every second feels like daggers that keeps on stabbing him in his heart. He really misses her so bad but there’s nothing else he can do but to wait.

 Until one faithful day, he saw the girl’s parents walking down the streets. They are holding a bouquet of blue violets in their hands as they walked into the gate of their house. He then decided to call their attention to ask about the girl but they just looked down and told him to follow them inside. When they got inside, the thought of seeing the girl again made him happy but then,  there is no sign of her in the house, instead a letter had been handed to him.

“She wanted to give this to you before she left” the father of the girl told him. “Uhm thank you Mr. Kim but… may I know when is she coming back?” He asks hopefully looking at the couple in front of him. “A-actually Junho… She never left to America. She was here all the time” the mother told him. By this time, shock expression was written all over his face.

“B-but how is that possible? I’ve always passed by here but I never saw her come out even once” He said in disbelief. The mom looked down and sadness crept within her voice “T-that’s because she’s staying in the hospital… She’s been diagnose with cancer a year after you got together. And the day that she told you that she will leave for America is the day she decided to take the treatment for cancer.”

 “B-but why didn’t she tell me about that? Why did she keep it from me?” He said as his voice trails off. “Because she doesn’t want to disappoint you and see you getting hurt from her situation. She doesn’t want you to see her in pain because it hurts her even more. She wanted to be strong on her own and surprise you when she gets better even though it was too much for her little body to handle… It was already late when we found out that it was already stage 4 but even though that’s the case, not even once she lose hope because of that. Every day she would pray and in every prayers we would always hear her say that she wanted to survive this and marry you. She loves you too much to just give up but then, it was only last month when her body finally gave up and she eventually left us for real…” The mother said as she finally break down and cry

“T-this isn’t real… S-she will never leave me… She p-promised me that…” He said as his knees gave up and tears started to flow from his eyes. “Get a hold on yourself son… I know it’s hard for you to accept this-- but she will be sad if she seen you like this” The father said as he firmly hold him in the shoulder and helped him to stand up “I want to see her… Please tell me where she is?” He said as he firmly grabs his hand.

“Come… I’ll show you” The father said and they went to the cemetery where the girl laid in peace “Here she is…” Mr. Kim said as he looked down with a sorrowful eyes and Junho hesitantly followed his eyes. Tears made its way through his eyes. He can’t believe what he is seeing—the picture of the girl was placed before the tomb stone with her name written on it. “This can’t be! Tell me it’s not real… This is only a nightmare right? Please tell me that!” He begged. “We told you everything already. I think it’s time for you to read what she got to say” The father said as he points to the letter in his hand. He then lifelessly opened it and saw the hand write of his love…

 

********************

 

Dear  Junho,

 

            I know by this time you read this letter, I’m already gone. I’m really sorry for not telling you the real reason why I left but I just can’t let you see me dying. I know it’s unfair for you and I know I’m being selfish but I don’t think I can handle the pain of hearing you talking about our future together when I know that I cannot be with you anymore; as much as seeing you pretending to be okay  when I know that deep inside that you're not.  I know that you might hate me because of this but I just want to tell you that the moments we’ve spent together were so precious to me and I really felt lucky and thankful to God that he gave me someone like you. I want you to know that loving you is the best thing that had ever happened in my life-- And that I never had any regrets or doubts when we were still together. I really love you Junho-- I really do!!! And if ever we will meet again in our next life, I will surely keep my promise and marry you… Just remember that my heart will always be and forever yours.

 

                                                                                                                                         Love,

                                                                                                                                                      Hyoyeon

 

P.S.  Promise me that you will continue living your life even if I won’t be there for you anymore… I want you to find true happiness with someone else who is capable of being with you unlike me-- I just wanted you to be happy and live without any regrets Junho. I know it will be hard at first but I know that you will get through with it eventually. I will always be in your heart and wish you all the best.

 

I Love You, Goodbye

 

                                                                                                                           *********************                         

 

Tears continue to flow as rain started to pour down...

 

“HYOYEON!!!!!!!! HYOYEON!!!!!!!!” He called as he knelt down and touched the picture of his love.

 

“Don’t you think that your asking me too much?!”

 

“All this things you ask me to do, I—I don’t think I can keep all of them!”

 

“It’s so painful!!!”

 

 “I don’t know if I can ever accept the fact that you’re gone forever…”

 

“I love you too much to let go Hyo!"

 

"But if this is what you want, I will try to do it for you!”

 

“You know that I will do anything just to make you happy right?”

 

“S-so even if it’s hard, I-I will do my best to live my life.”

 

"B-But I can't promise you to find someone else who can replace you in my heart"

 

"I just can't let you go that easy~"

 

“I LOVE YOU KIM HYOYEON! AND I WILL FOREVER DO!”

 

 

 

 

He looked up the sky and said “God! Please take care of my love!”

 

 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

 

 

Er... Uhm... How was it guys?

You're not going to shoot me now right? 

*Wears a bullet proof vest*

Just making sure...

 

Well, anyways...

I'm really sorry for making Hyoyeon die here T.T

It's also  really painful for me since she was my no.1 biased

I promise to make it up to you guys on my next fic!

Please don't forget to subscribe and leave your comments down there!