Graphic Reviews

DUO Resource Center
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
graphic review pickups duo resource center 1  2  3  4  5  6   open for request Please be patient. We don't always get to the review on time since this graphic reviews are only a side service of the thread. Please check this chapter if we fail to notify you about the pickup after you have requested for 2 weeks. We sincerely apoligize for past and future inconviences.

REQUEST FORM   Palama calling baechimi GRAPHIC LINK

Overall Look [8.5/10]
The poster is well-organized and simple. Typography could be improved. Coloring is a bit awkward. Overall, the poster is very neat (both denotative and connotative).

Techniques [17.5/20]
The blending is kind of awkward at the top of her head and around the hair/face/neck /hand area. There's not a lot shown here so I don't have much to say.

Mood [9/10]
The poster portrays the mood well, but I thought the minimalistic look slightly contradicts the character's emotion.

Coloring [8/10]
The yellow burst at the top of the character's head is awkward and abrupt. It does somewhat gives a nice/warm feel to the poster and makes it more romantic, but it needs to be more subtle.

Photo Usage [4.5/5]
The character is nicely incoporated in the poster. Like I said before, i think you can use a better picture here. You could find a character with less emotions or enhance the warm, romantic mood to fit her appearance.

Typography [6.5/10]
The quote is too small and hard to read. I had to zoom in and get closer to the screen. I think you can make both the title and quote bigger without much disturbance. Also, the font of the credits is inappropriate for the mood.

Resources [20/20]
The only problem I can see is the blending of the resources and the character.

Composition [15/15]
Layout is structured and simple. It fits the minimalistic look well.

Total [89/100]
Letter grade: B+   Palama calling babys_exotics GRAPHIC LINK

Overall Look [6/10]
The poster lacks adequate technique, resources, and harmony. Overall, the poster is disjointed. I'll go into more details later.

Techniques [13.5/20]
The blending could definitely be improved. Some parts of the characters are erased and see through.

Mood [6/10]
The mood is not clear and distinct. To be honest I couldn't tell what the mood was because there's not a lot of traces of romance.

Coloring [6/10]
Green is one of the colors that doesn't really belong to any specific mood. Bright green is distracting. Try sticking to more warm tones and elements. The colors you used for the poster oppose each other. For example, black & red from the characters and text and green from the background clash each other. One final point, try to have variations in the coloring. Full on green background is dull and boring. Mix it up!

Photo Usage [3.5/5]
The photos you chose are okay, but they look awkward with other elements in the poster.

Typography [6/10]
Font color doesn't match the poster. Font placememt is awkward. Make your credits smaller next time. Don't ever make your watermark larger than other necessary text. Try using fonts that match the mood well. But once again, the mood in this poster is not well-portrayed.

Resources [15/20]
There is a lot of negative space in your poster. Fill them up with textures and stock photos. You can improve the coloring with PSDs. Those are essentially what you need the most to improve the poster. There are many more things that you can do to get this to an A poster.

Composition [11.5/15]
The poster lacks organization and harmony. Texts are scattered around the poster without relations. The cloud in the middle is an awkward divider in the poster. The top has far more elements than the bottom of the poster, so you can improve balance here. Colors contradict each other, and font styles too. Poster elements don't portray the story within the poster, but they each show off different moods and themes. If you work on the categories above, things will start pulling together.

Total [67.5/100]
Letter grade: D   Palama calling aravis222 GRAPHIC LINK

Overall Look [7.5/10]
The poster is nice, but it's a little bit too simple. However, keeping it simple is nice too. It gives the poster a lonely and empty feel.

Techniques [18/20]
I would take the texture off the girl's face (there's some type of glow there). Also, I think the blending around Yunho's shoulder and the girl's hair/body could be better. Everything in the poster is so contrasted that the dull black section looks off. Maybe add a texture there or add some gliterry trail or pixie dust around the characters to give the poster a nice (and slightly sweet and hopeful) finishing touch.

Mood [10/10]
I like how the negative space give the poster a lonely undertone.

Coloring [8/10]
Simple but good enough. The coloring fits the whole feel of the poster very well. I think the girl is a bit brighter though. Also, tune down Yunho's shirt and brighten his face to shift the focus of the photo to Yunho himself, not his shirt.

Photo Usage [4/5]
The pictures fit the mood of the poster, but Yunho is a bit pixelated/jagged.

Typography [6/10]
I personally think the font doesn't match the poster. It feels slightly too childish for the poster. I would use either a more elegant font or a simple font like Trajanus Roman. Also, the text is kind of isolated from other elements in the poster, so I would place it by Yunho's shoulder. Maybe put one word on top of another.

Resources [18/20]
You can definitely use more resources like textures to make the poster more interesting. A few more stocks would be nice too.

Composition [13/15]
Poster placement is awkward. I would scoot the stock on the right up and add more things below it. There is too much space at the top but the title is cramped on the bottom so give that a bit of room. Like I said, the poster needs more elements in it since the stock itself is also very simple. There's not a lot to say here so yeah I'll awkwardly leave .___. I know I didn't really say anything helpful here OTL

Total [84.5/100]
Letter grade: B   Palama calling violetamethyst GRAPHIC LINK

Overall Look [7/10]
The poster looks very cliché. I would expect to find it in those popular featured stories. It's good for presentation and attracting readers, but it lacks depth from a critic's view.

Techniques [17/20]
You seem to have a bit of experience under your belt, but there are minor things that could be fixed. What's more important is for you to start picking up little things that could make your poster better. Also, like I said, you can definitely show more creative techniques than mere surface looks. On simple posters like this one, you especially need something to capture and keep the audience's attention. Try adding animation for example, or decorations, speech bubbles, etc.

Mood [10/10]
I swear this section needs to be labeled as "free points" LOL.

Coloring [7/10]
The pastel colors give the poster that romantic feel rather than the typical cute and romcom look, so good job. This poster could have easily been a comedy poster if you changed the color palette. Good choice there, pal. However, make sure to match the character's color tone next time. This is a critical mistake that a lot of people make. You can clearly see that the girl is much darker and less contrasted. The other problem is the characters' shadows and the phrase "I'll show you." Those colors do not match your poster. Next time choose from a color that's in your poster. Having too much colors will confuse the brain. Also about the characters' shadows: make sure that they are at the same contrast/brightness level. Do not use bright aqua with dull purple. Either make them both bright or both dull. I seriously recommend changing the girl's shadow to the bright pink you have in the title (or similar to it). The brightness contrasts with the soft background, bringing out the happy undertone in the romantic ambiance.

Photo Usage [3.5/5]
The girl's arm is jagged. Also, since this poster is so organized and divided up evenly, you probably want to make the characters the same size.

Typography [8/10]
First off, the font color (I mentioned it in the color section). Second, make sure that the pull the string on the right side is on top of the guy's arm. Third, just a suggestion, don't use a lot of different fonts next time. Best keep it at 2-3 fonts. But you did a good job on typography overall and this is just a suggstion so I won't mark points off.

Resources [17/20]
I wish that you used more decorations to make the poster more lively. It is kind of simple and empty.

Composition [13/15]
Character size is the biggest problem. Also, the shadow in the back is distracting. I can see that you're trying to add something in to make the poster different from the typical look, but I think it didn't do it right. The hand sticking out by the girl's arm is awkward. Overall I would remove it and add something more relevant to the "talent" topic than the superstar pose silhouette.

Total [82.5/100]
Letter grade: B   palama calling baechimi GRAPHIC LINK

Overall Look [8.5/10]
The poster is very well done. It's unique and interesting. There are only a few minor problems like typography and photo usage. At first look I thought the poster is perfect, but after a moment of analyzing, I can spot several things that could be better.

Techniques [20/20]
Nada.

Mood [10/10]
Nuthin'.

Coloring [9/10]
I love the color variations and nuances. The poster looks so interesting with colors clashing together. The only problem is the guy's face is too bright.

Photo Usage [3.5/5]
I don't know if it's just me, but the guy looks kind of happy. This is a picky detail but I think it would have been better is he's at the same angle as the mirror (since he's in the mirror).

Typography [7/10]
Some fonts are too happy for the poster.

Resources [20/20]
No problemo.

Composition [13/15]
The poster looks grea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter