Forgotten promises

Forgotten promises

Luhan grinned brightly as he rummaged through his wardrobe, looking for something that he liked that was appropriate for the expensive restaurant he had booked for himself and Sehun. Sehun had promised to finish work early to go on this dinner date since last week he had forgotten about their dinner date and went to a club instead. Finally satisfied with how he looked, Luhan went downstairs and skipped around, cleaning up their mansion, waiting for the time to go.

Finally, after what seemed like eternity, it was time to go. Picking up his bag, Luhan texted Sehun with a ":)" and then headed out of the door and into his car.

Luhan sighed, tears welling up beneath his eyelids. Sehun had stood him up, again. He couldn't believe it. It was excruciatingly hard not to cry and scream as a waiter told him to go, as his date "obviously wasn't coming". Luhan sniffled, and stood up. The waiter had just mocked him in front of everyone.

Luhan stormed home, a few lone tears escaping out of his eyes and trailing down his cheeks. He went into his bedroom, slammed the door, and putting a pillow to his mouth to muffle his cries, he let out all the tears he had.

Luhan could hear Sehun's car pull up into the garage, and grabbing his phone, sniffling, he quickly texted Kai. "Can I live with you for a few weeks?" Luhan grabbed his suitcase from under his bed and packed some clothes, money and his prize possessions into a bag. His phone gave a little ping, and Luhan picked it up, smiling tiredly at Kai's reply. "Of course you can! Are you okay? Is this about Sehun? Are you hurt?" Luhan quickly replied a quick "I'll tell you after" and zipped his suitcase up, when he noticed a teddy bear laying forlornly on his bed. He picked it up and grimaced.

It was the bear that Sehun had given to him on Valentine's Day, the last date he and Sehun had before Sehun started forgetting. Luhan hugged the bear hard, trying not to cry again as he set it back down onto his pillow. He looked around the room once more, the room that was his for the 2 years that he and Sehun had been dating, and closed his eyes, wishing that he could go back in time and relive the precious moments of days where he and Sehun would just be carefree, and loving.

Sehun winced as he stepped into his house. He could hear Luhan wailing loudly in one of the many rooms the mansion had. He had forgotten, for the 5th time, about his dinner date with his boyfriend they had planned a week ago.

He went into the kitchen and microwaved some bibimbap left out from Luhan. He smiled a small, sad smile as he noticed Luhan left him food and cared about him even though he had forgotten. As he was eating, he noticed Luhan's cries had stopped, and he could hear drawers opening and closing. He shrugged, and continued eating.

As Sehun finished eating, he heard a soft clack, clack, clack as Luhan descended the stairs. Sehun turned around, and stared wide-eyed at Luhan, shocked. Luhan's eyes were red and bloodshot, with tear marks training down his cheeks with a bitter smile on his face. In one hand he had a small suitcases with some of his possession messily stuffed in.

"A-are you leaving me?" Sehun asked shakily, dreading the answer. Sehun was scared. Petrified. He had taken the other boy for granted, and in that moment he noticed how much he had relied on Luhan to make his life perfect. Luhan had renovated the whole mansion, cleaned it, cooked food for him, even let Sehun turn sadistic during ! And what did Sehun do? He had left Luhan alone in the vast mansion every day, with no one to talk to, and abused him during at least once a week.

Luhan let a tear slide down his cheek as he saw his boyfriend ask the question. Luhan hesitated, and then nodded, bowing his head down as more tears fell down his cheek. He had pondered over the thought of leaving Sehun for a few weeks now, though he never thought he actually would leave him until tonight.


It was torturous as other people jeered and laughed at him at the restaurant, knowing that he had been set up. Other people had shaken their heads and muttered, "the poor boy." He was humiliated not for the first, but fifth time. As he had trailed back home sadly, he made the decision that broke his and Sehun's heart. He would have to leave Sehun.

Sehun fell onto his knees as his saw Luhan shaking his head, him mirroring Luhan's shake.

"No.. No.. Please don't! I love you Luhan! Don't leave me... Don't go... P-please...."

Sehun's cries left his lips as he saw Luhan shake and whimper.

"Sehun.. s-stop.. please..." Luhan looked up and stared at Sehun, now openly crying. "I'm going to live with Kai for a few weeks... I-I'll send Kai over for my things..."

Luhan picked up his suitcase and headed towards the door, when Sehun tugged on his wrist, forcefully turned him around and kissed him, pushing him to the wall next to the door Luhan opened his eyes wide, flailing and squirming under Sehun as he tried to push him off.

"S-sehumph, stop!!!!!!" What Luhan said was muffled but it was all it took to get Sehun off. Sehun stared at Luhan, momentarily distracted when Luhan shoved him hard, knocking him to the floor. With one last cry, he ran out of the house, slamming the door. Sehun looked at the door, staring in shock, until he registered that Luhan was not coming back. Sehun howled, curling up into a ball and rocking his knees.

It is easy to break a relationship, but not so easy to fix them.