The secret I must keep

Love, Unexpected

 

Kwon sat upright and groggily answered his call. “Hyung, what is it now?”

“Yah, stop sleeping. I need you quick~” Seulong urgently said.

He looked at the clock in his bed side table. “But it’s just 8 AM and besides it’s our day off. Can’t I even enjoy this day with my wife?” he said looking at the half-asleep Ga-in.

2AM began their promotions for their comeback album after Kwon and Ga-in’s wedding. Fortunately, the fans were too pleased with the marriage that their fan base increased. There was even a separate fan club dedicated for both 2AM and BEG fans.

“You’re going to be together with her for the rest of your life, so why don’t you dedicate this day only for me?” Seulong complained.

“What am I, your boyfriend?” Kwon said, chuckling. Ga-in then grabbed the phone from him and sat upright. She leaned on her husband’s back.

“Yah Im Seulong, you are such a bother. Just go somewhere else.” She said as she passed the phone quickly to Kwon who remained laughing the whole time.

“Your wife has manners.” Seulong said sarcastically. “Meet me at 1 PM and don’t be late!”

“Why don’t you ask Changmin-hyung and Jinwoonie?” Kwon said, complaining.

“I can only talk to you about this.” Seulong said with finality as he ended the call.

Kwon looked at his phone, bewildered at their conversation. He looked at Ga-in who was staring at him intently.

“What does he want now?” she said, eyebrow rising.

“I’m not too sure. He was too mysterious.” He said.

“Ugh…he’s too annoying. JYP finally gave you a vacation and you would waste your time with him.” she said complaining. She lays down and pouted cutely. She looked at him and said. “What?”

He looked at her and smiled warmly. My wife, he thought. He caressed her arm as one strap fell from her shoulder. He looked at her mischievously as she returned him with a look of puzzlement.

“What are you doing?” she asked, faint blush staining her cheeks.

“Well…. Since Seulong-hyung deprived me of being with my beautiful wife today….” He said.

“Yeobo~~” was all she said as he covered her with the bed sheet. Only the chirping of birds and rustling of sheets were heard that morning.

*****************************

“This better be good hyung.” Kwon said later that day as they opened the door of a coffee shop “I missed spending the day with Ga-in because of you”

Seulong smiled at him warmly. “You are such a good dongsaeng…” he said as he patted Kwon’s head. He looked left to right and took a peek from his sunglasses.

“Now we’re playing a detective game?” Kwon said calmly going in first. “One Mocha cappuccino for here please; how about you hyung? Hyung?” he looked at Seulong who was busily searching the area as if there was a bomb threat.

“Huh, what? I’ll have the same as his.” He said as he went to the corner booth. Kwon sighed and placed his order, shaking his head at his hyung’s absurdity.

Kwon led his hyung in a booth where they could have privacy. He stared at him amused that the quite composed Seulong is now looking at his surroundings nervously.

“Well?” Kwon asked, raising his brow.

“Whatever you do, don’t laugh at me…” Seulong said nervously.

“Well, it depends hyung. If you’re asking if I’m laughing right now, to be honest it’s quite hard to contain my amusement seeing you like that…” he said brushing at the way his hyung is behaving.

The older 2AM member looked at his dongsaeng once and said “The thing is I think I’m in love….”

******************************

“Why are you even here maknae?” Narsha asked looking at her dongsaeng who was flipping channels trying to distract herself with the television.

Ga-in just looked at her unnie and sighed as she buried herself in the couch. Narsha threw her pillow at her dongsaeng and that made Gain growl at her unnie. Sometimes, she can be so childish, Gain thought.

“I’m so bored…..” Ga-in “Bored…Bored…Bored…”

Narsha looked at Ga-in and laughed. The Brown Eyed Girls just finished their promotions and now JeA and Miryo are preparing for their collaboration album.

“Unnie….” Ga-in looked up at her sadly “Let’s also do an album…”

Narsha rolled her eyes at her dongsaeng. “Dongsaeng….I know why you are here and procrastinating at my place.” She sat down opposite of Ga-in. “Your husband has better things to do and sadly my dear, dear dongsaeng…you have nothing to do. Why? Is the honeymoon bubble over already?” Narsha smirked.

Ga-in was for a second shocked at her unnie’s words but she recovered saying “My dear, dear unnie…who I love best in the whole world…”

“You’re bluffing…” Narsha said rolling her eyes at her.

Ga-in scowled at her and continued “It’s just that my husband is attending to a dear friend…” Which I hope that Ong-Ong’s business is just as important “But that doesn’t mean that the honeymoon bubble has already been popped as a matter of fact it only has just begun…” I look at her with an evil glint in my eye.

Narsha looks at Ga-in and sighed. “Nice save dear dongsaeng…nice save.” She stands up and says “Don’t mind your sad, old unnie…looking for love…”

Dramatic as always. “Oh, come on unnie…with your looks and your sultry smile, who wouldn’t resist?” Ga-in said blankly.

Narsha looked at her amused and they both burst into laughter.

******************************

“So?” Ga-in asked as they finished dinner that night.

“So what?” Kwon looked at his wife confused as he was about to put the dishes into the sink.

“What did Im Seulong ask of you? It seemed rather important” she told him, following him with her hawk-like eyes as he turned his back to her.

*flashback*

“You’re in love with….what?” Kwon said disbelieving what his hyung told him in confidence earlier.

Seulong looked at his surroundings nervously and tried to calm his dongsaeng “Sssshhhh….do you want the whole world to know?”

“It’s just that, I can’t believe this….of all people…why hyung?” he said, eyes wide.

“I know…” he cupped his head, clearly confused. “I know…what should I do Kwon-ah? It’s not like I can stop these feelings right? I should’ve when it first started but I didn’t”

Kwon massaged his temple then laughed. He laughed for a few minutes which made Seulong look at him confused. After he had his fill, he said “I’m sorry hyung……It’s just that I had my assumptions but I never did imagine…I can’t wait to tell Ga-in”

“Yah! That’s why….you have to keep this a secret. Never tell a soul. Scouts honor…hyung to dongsaeng…Promise?” Seulong said holding his pinky.

“But hyung, I tell Ga-in everything! She’s my wife…” he said, whining.

“This is why marriage sometimes ...but you have to promise me…promise me Kwon-ah….” Seulong said eyes pleading.

Kwon sighed “Okay hyung…but just this once. The only time I will lie to my wife and it’s all because of you.” he said as he held up his pinky to meet his.

“I promise…just this once…” Seulong said smiling

“You better hyung…” Kwon said glaring at him

“Thanks dongsaeng.” Seulong said ruffling his hair.

*end flashback*

“YAH! Stop standing there and going off into space.” Ga-in said pound her hand on the table jolting Kwon from his thoughts.

“I’m sorry yeobo, what we’re you saying?” Kwon asked.

“I said, what did Seulong want? I think it’s important…for him to call you out on your vacation.” Ga-in said eyes not leaving her husband.

“Oh, this and that…” Kwon said while trying to start with the dishes.

“What do you mean this and that?” Ga-in said as she approached Kwon.

“I mean…nothing important. He just wants to talk about things…” Kwon said not meeting her eyes.

“What about?” she asked.

“About the endorsements….2AM….CFs…” he said, trying to concentrate on the dishes. Kwon you can do this, he thought.

“You can talk about that back in the studio, why does he need to talk to you alone?”

“Well, you know I am still 2AM’s leader…”

“I know Kwon-ah….but….” she looked at him and found out that his ears are all red.

Feeling his wife’s gaze at him, he looked at her and found her staring at him intently “What?”

“There’s something you are not telling me. I can feel it…” she told him

“I tell you everything, yeobo….” He said, trying hard not to squeak. I promised hyung…I promised hyung..He chanted this over and over.

“I’m your wife and you’re not telling me anything? This early at marriage?” she said trying to threaten him. Oh Kwon-ah, I’m going to find out what exactly are you hiding.

“How can you tell I’m lying?” he said challenging her.

“I know you too much, my dear husband…your ears are red and you can’t look at me in the eyes” she said smugly.

Damn! “Just drop the subject okay? I promised….” Eyes widening, he stopped himself before he said anything else.

“I told you…better tell me Kwon-ah…”

“…”

“You want to play this game? Okay….guess who’ll be sleeping on the couch tonight?” she said smirking at him then walking away.

“You wouldn’t!” he said glaring at her.

“Oh I can Jo Kwon….I really can…” she glanced back smiling.

“Yah! GA-IN!”

Author’s note:

Woooohoooo! Chapter 1 done…I hope you follow this fanfic like you did with “Forever and Always” Thanks for everything, readers!