Face it

Face it

 

Minron One Shot (?): Face it


Blue: English

***WARNING, MINOR SWEARING IN THIS ONE SHOT***

 


 

"Hello everyone! My name is Aron! I'm a transfer student from America. Please treat me well!"

The whole class snickered at the boy, for his Korean was terrible. As he walked toward his new seat, people started whispering about how looked and how his accent was. Aron ignored the negative comments and sat down beside a boy, who burried his mind in a thick black book. He was awfully tall for his age, despite being a junior. 

 

Damn... He looks about almost 6 feet...

 

As the class went on, Aron couldn't concentrate especially in a class of juniors and seniors who happened to be ALL Korean. A few girls glared at him while the boys snickered, throwing some paper balls at his face. Of course, Aron managed to dodge them. A paper ball landed on his desk. He unwrapped it and furrowed his eyebrows.

You probably can’t understand this *snickers*. But it doesn’t matter. You aren’t welcomed here. Go back to where you came from.

Although Aron wasn’t very good at speaking Korean fluently, he could still fully understand what was written on it. The bell rang, signaling that class was over and lunch began. Aron collected his things and exited the room, throwing out the paper ball in the trash. Before he could reach his locker, a group of girls and guys stopped him and started yelling at him in Korean. 

"I'm sorry what?" He asked in English.

The group was fuming. Aron could tell.  Before he could ask what they wanted, a boy punched him in the stomach.

“Americans are not welcomed here!” one of them exclaimed. This caught Aron’s attention.

As another punch came toward him, Aron grabbed the boy and flipped him, causing a loud crack to echo through empty hall. He smiled in satisfaction. 

"Who's next?" He smirked. 

The boys charged at him while the girls tried to pin him down. 

Is this what I get for being Korean-American?

He sighed and fought the group, punching them here and here until they all ran away. He usually wasn’t like this. He was always the calm, happy and cheerful Aron, but when it came to how he looked or what his race was, he would become a dog, seeking revenge.
 

He wiped his mouth, glaring down the hall that the group scurried off to.

These people are so judgemental... No good retards.

"That... Was... AWESOME!!!" Someone cried. 

He turned around and saw four boys coming over. 

More? Seriously?

"You're so cool!" A girly boy exclaimed.

Aron's eyes widened. 

A nice comment? And in English too!

"My name's JR and yes we can speak English." A dark, scary boy said. His hair was parted to one side, slightly covering his other eye. He smiled and stuck his hand out.

Wow...! His smile is so nice. He looked so mean before… I’m guessing these are the non-retards of the school.

Aron shook the boy's hand with a genuine smile.

"Our English may not be perfect but at least you can understand us right?" Another blonde stated. "Oh, I'm Baekho by the way! The girly boy is Ren, he's the youngest of the group." He pointed to the boy beside him who made a pouty face. 

Aron noticed the boy from homeroom, who was still reading his thick book.

Book boy...

"Oh, that's Minhyun, he's the second youngest and tallest of the group. He doesn't really talk much when he's reading a really good book. When he isn't though, he can be really chatty." JR explained.

Minhyun frowned as he flipped the page.

Minhyun huh... I’ll keep that in mind...

"What's your name hyung? We only know that you're from America!" Ren asked. His eyes twinkled as he stared at the older one.

"Hyung...?" Aron recoiled. 

"It means older brother or a friend that's a guy and older who's close to you." Baekho explained. 

Aron shook his head.

"I know what it means, but why call me Hyung all of the sudden? We're not even close." 

"So I c-can't call you h-hyung?" Ren stuttered. It sounded like he was on the verge of tears. 

"No no! It's not that!" Aron cried, shaking his hands in front of him. "Never mind..."

"Hey, do you want to join our group?" JR asked the older.

"Group?"

"Our group name is NU'EST! Stands for New, Established, Style, Tempo!" 

 

"So do you want to join?" Baekho looked at him while Ren and JR gave their best smile. 


I guess I can't say no...

"Alright!"
He exclaimed. He smiled and introduced himself. "My name's Aron. I'm in my senior year so I guess all of you are younger than me." 


 




As the group entered the cafeteria, everyone stared at them and stared whispering. 

"What is he doing with them?"

"He's taking away our oppas!" 

"Ignore them hyung." JR whispered and grabbed a kimbap. The group sat down, with Aron in between Baekho and Ren.

“Hey hyung, can you speak Korean very good?” Ren asked the older. Aron thought about it for a second until he shook his head.

“I can understand what a person is saying or if it’s written out on paper, but when it’s my turn to say something, it’s pretty hard.”

“That’s confusing.” Baekho replied.

After a few minutes of chatting, Minhyun finally looked up from his book. He started at Aron's face in curiosity. His genuine smile and laugh made his heart skip a beat. 

Baekho looked at him, causing Minhyun to quickly look back at his book, pretending to read. Baekho smirked and continued to eat.


 




Free time soon came by and Aron was all alone since his last class was specifically for senior students only. 

I'm so bored....

Soon, a light bulb lit up in his mind. He grabbed his things and proceeded to the library, hoping there was an English book that he could read. 

Lucky for him, there was an English section. He browsed through the lanes, hoping to find a Shakespeare book. When he found Hamlet, he took it off the shelf and went to find a place to sit. He searched if there was an empty table but all of them were occupied. After a few minutes of looking around, he noticed a familiar figure reading an English book. Aron walked over to the boy and sat beside him. 

"Hey." He whispered. He didn't expect a 'hi' back but to his surprise, Minhyun quietly replied. 

His voice is so... Angelic...Even if it’s a whisper.

“Sorry for ignoring you earlier.” Minhyun said, trying to keep voice low. Aron shook his head and smiled.

“It’s alright; it must have been a really good book.”

Minhyun stared at him. His heart pounded against his chest.

“Anyways, what are you reading?”

Minhyun turned to the front cover, with his finger on the page he was reading.

“To Kill a Mocking Bird” the title said.

“That’s a good book.” Aron smiled.

“I’m only on the first chapter since most of it is in English.”

“Need help?”

“You don’t mind?”

Aron shook his head and smiled once again.

 


 

As Aron helped him how to read it, Minhyun secretly held his chest. He could tell that his heart beat accelerated by a lot ever since the boy sat beside him.

“Why are you doing this to me…?” he mumbled.

“Pardon?”

Minhyun’s head shot up. He quickly covered his mouth, realizing what he said. “N-Nothing.”

“You sure? If you’re confused, just tell me. I know I’m going a bit too fast.”

Minhyun frantically shook his head.

“Haha, alright, lets continue then.”

And with that, the two spent the whole free time together, reading the book while their hearts pounded against their chests.

 


 

As the days went by, NU’EST got to know Aron better. They hung out after school, went to Baekho’s sword tournaments and got ice cream at Baskins Robins, even though it was the middle of winter. But as the days got colder, the group's health started to downfall.

At first it was Ren, and then it slowly got passed on until the whole group, except for Aron, got the flu.

Man it’s boring without the guys... I wonder how they’re doing… Especially Minhyun.

Aron walked down the halls with his things in his arms. As soon as he reached his locker, a large group of boys walked up to him and knocked the things out of his arms.

“What the hell is your problem?!” he shouted at them.

“Your my problem!” one of them retorted. He pushed him towards the locker and punched him in the face.

The boys crowded around him and started punching him to the pulp. Aron couldn’t fight back. It wasn’t because he didn’t have the strength to, it was because of the position he was in. Slammed against the lockers and surrounded by a group of boys (mostly seniors) put him in a tough spot. Also, he was half the height they were. After a good solid 10 minutes, a husky voice yelled.

“Hey! What do you think you’re doing?!”

“Oh crap! It’s NU’EST! RUN!” the group scurried off with scared expressions.

“Hyung! Are you alright?!” Minhyun cried. NU’EST ran over to the bleeding boy. His face was a disaster along with his legs and arms. He was about to say something until he out, hitting his head against the lockers in the process.

“HYUNG!!!!”

 


 

“He’s in a tough state.” Explained the doctor.

“How bad?” JR asked. The boys were really worried.

“He might not wake up…”

They were mortified as the doctor gave Baekho a piece of paper and left.

“It’s all my fault…” JR cried.

“Not it isn’t hyung!” Baekho and Ren exclaimed at the same time. They knew that JR would blame everything on himself if anything happened to a member of the group.

Minhyun was fed up. Now following his heart, he stood up, grabbed the piece of paper from Baekho’s hand and ran off.

“M-Minhyun!” they all shouted and ran after him.

 


 

The room was bright when they walked in. There, strapped onto a bed was Aron with a breathing mask on his face, keeping him alive. Beside him was a monitor that went Beep for every time his heart would beat.   

“Please wake up hyung…” Minhyun whispered as he walked beside the bed and kissed the older’s forehead. The rest of NU’EST were either staring at him or crying on each other’s shoulder, hoping he would wake up. JR sat in a little corner, mumbling about how bad of a leader he was and how he couldn’t protect his group-mate.

“Hyung…We need you…” Ren cried as Baekho tightly hugged him, also pouring his heart out with his tears. Soon, both of their shirts were drenched.

Wake up soon… they all thought.

 


 

2 months later

“Minhyun-ah!” JR cried, waving at the boy. He smiled back and walked up to his leader. “Yah, pabo. What did I tell you about leaving us behind?”

Ren and Baekho soon appeared from the school and walked toward the two.

“It’s almost the end of the school year!” Ren exclaimed.

“1 more month until is school done!” Baekho triumphed.

“Yah! Don’t get to psyched up yet! We still have finals to write!” JR hit the two on the head.

The group started walking, chatting along until Minhyun bumped into someone.

“Mianhae.” The figure said and bowed. The figure was about to walk away until Minhyun and JR grabbed his arm.

“Aron hyung…” they said as he turned around. The figure was confused.

“Pardon?”

“Hey! It is Aron hyung!” Baekho and Ren exclaimed, giving him a painful hug. "We thought you'd be in the hospital still and never wake up!!!"

“Seriously, do I know you guys? Yeah my name is Aron, but I’ve never met anyone like you before…”

The boys immediately let go of him with confused looks.

“W-What do you mean, never met us before?!” they all shouted. The so called “Aron” bowed and left.

 

 

 

Mianhae JR-shi, Baekho-shi, Ren-shii and Minhyun-shii. It’s for the best.

Saranghae...Minhyun-shi

Tears escaped and flowed down Aron’s face as he walked away from his dear friends and crush. This would be the last time he would see them again.