Final

Taxi Guy

It was one Friday morning…”

                It was one Friday morning.

                The birds were chirping happily, the cold breeze making people shiver yet feel fresh. Grandmas watering the flowers, kids walking with their parents to school, and people who had nothing to do, walking their dogs.

                Kevin happily skipped to his taxi car while whistling, feeling good about how his day had started. He doesn't know why, but he had good vibes in him when he woke up.

 

                Kevin is a 20-year-old handsome, petite young man. He's a very nice, lovable guy. Just don't try to piss him off or else he's going to start cursing and something like that.. yeah. He had stopped schooling since he didn't have enough money. His parents? Oh, they're not living with Kevin. They're living in a far place away from their son. Unfortunately, they were too busy with their own lives that they actually kind of forgot about their son. Well, let's just say that they thought Kevin can live all by himself and he can make enough money for his own needs. Kevin's sister, Deanna, studies in the same country yet in another city. She's very loving of his brother. They don't go to the same school for the reason that Kevin wanted to go to this one university just because of his friends. Ehem, crazy friends. Anyways, Kevin just ran out of money for his own living, so he stopped. That's it.

 

                Kevin, humming an unknown tune to himself, cheerfully turned the engine on, feeling ready for today. Smiling to himself, he opened his side's window and rode out of his garage.

                "Good morning!", an old lady sweetly greeted, "Good morning, have a nice day!", Kevin shouted back as he flashed her a sweet, melting smile as he drove off the street.

                "I wonder what's on the radio..", he said as he the radio.

                "Oh my gosh! My favorite song!", he chimed as he sang along his favorite song, "Gee" by Girls' Generation.

                "There aren't much cars today hmm..", he said to himself, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.

                "That's good. No traffic, no headache." The stop light turned red so he stopped.

                "Great weather uhuh.", he said, checking his surroundings.

                Everything was going fine and cool. That was until he turned his head to his left side, where an alley is located.

                "What the ...?", he said as he was trying to make out what he was seeing.

                'Why are those guys running after this man with baseball bats on their hands? Oh no, no no no..’,

                "Holy , they're coming this way.", Kevin whispered to himself, panicking as he looked at the stop light.

                "Turn green, turn green, turn green...", he cheered on the stop light as he was now nervously tapping on the steering wheel, glancing to the scary gang and a man to his left, running his way, impatiently.

                "Come on you stupid stop l-", thud! "What?!", he shouted as he got shocked by the sudden thud of his car door. He quickly looked at the back seat.

                .

 

 

                Kiseop suddenly jolted awake when he had heard his alarm clock making annoying noises.

                "Argh...", he groaned as his hand was searching for the alarm clock and turned it off sleepily.

                "Kiseop, wake up! Breakfast's done soon!", Kiseop's mother shouted all the way from the kitchen, waking her son up.

                "Yeah,  I get it..", he sighed to himself as he sat up and wiped some drool on his face. "Disgusting.", he told himself, annoyed.

                Lee Kiseop is a 20 year old rich, good-looking guy. Girls at school are crazy about him. He's a nice guy, actually. But sometimes, he just shows off his slightly opposite side. Not negative though.. I guess. He lives with his mom. And his Dad? He passed away when he was younger. That was a long time ago, and plus, he was young, so he doesn't really remember how his dad was.

                He put his uniform on and styled his hair in a messy, yet attractive style.

                "Oh how girls love it when I style my hair like this.", he chuckled to himself.

                "Hmm which scent should I put on today?", he asked himself as he just picked something out, too lazy to even pick a specific one. He then went downstairs.

                "Morning, mom!", Kiseop greeted his mother nicely as he gave her a short hug. His mother just hummed as her response.

                "Ooh curry!", Kiseop happily said to himself as he sat down and ate the breakfast his mother made.

                When he was finally done with his food, he immediately got up and bade his mother a goodbye. He got his bag and exited their house.

                Kiseop pulled his phone out of his pocket and plugged his earphones on. He was having a good time, humming to the song playing. Then, he felt a tap on his shoulder. He unplugged his earphones and turned. 'Not again.'

                "Hey, buddy.", one of the guys said.

                "Didn't we tell you to get away from her?", another one of them spoke up.

                "Uhm, excuse me? How many times do I have to tell you that, yes, I actually am trying to get away from your girl but she keeps on coming and clinging to me?", Kiseop blurted out. "You know what, why don't you tell her to get away from me instead of bugging me? She's the one who has a problem, not me.", Kiseop then walked away from them. "Idiots.", he muttered to himself.

                The guys actually did get what Kiseop said, and they were about to consider Kiseop's suggestion. They were actually just about to turn around and decide to stop bugging Kiseop, but then one of them heard what Kiseop had muttered.

                "Hey I heard that! You called us idiots!", one of them said while pointing his index finger at Kiseop with an offended expression on his face. Kiseop stopped on his tracks and looked back, only to see them pulling something out from their backpacks. Then, they ran towards him. ‘Crap, run!’, he thought himself.

                They continued to chase after him even if they were already panting,

                "Damn, were they really that sensitive over the word idiot?", he asked himself. Good thing he was a fast runner, they had quite a huge gap. Kiseop then turned and was now in an alley. 'These guys must be skipping their first class, they're not even worried about the time!', he looked at his wristwatch.

                10 minutes left.

 

 

                Panting heavily, his eyes caught a sight of a taxi cab. He aimed for it and ran even faster. 'Almost there!', and he reached the taxi. He slammed the door shot as he got in, breathing heavily.

                "What?!", he heard someone shout. The driver then shot him a surprised look and had a short eye contact. Not until when Kiseop broke it by glancing at the guys who were after him.

                "Drive!", Kiseop told the driver eagerly.

 

 

                Kiseop looks at his watch. '1 minute left?!', his eyes went wide as he panicked.

                "Can't you drive any faster?!", Kiseop told the driver.

                "We're almost there.", the driver then responded, which kind of shocked Kiseop.

 

A girl as a taxi cab driver, really? That's new.

 

                The car then stopped, which brought Kiseop back into reality.

                "That would be two thous-", Kiseop interrupted the lady driver, saying, "Thanks for the ride!"

                He then hurriedly grabbed his bag as he opened the door, stumbling over as he ran towards the university without even paying the driver.

                "Hey! That's not nice!", the driver shouted as he eyed the bad guy.

                "Ugh!", he shouted out of annoyance. He then tried to calm himself down by inhaling and exhaling deeply, fanning himself with his hands.

                'The day was actually going great, but this guy.. he ruined it!', he shook his head disapprovingly, feeling smoke come out of his ears out of annoyance. Oh how he wished he took another route while driving.

 

                Looking around, he saw something through his side mirror's reflection. "Hold on...", he then opened his door and closed it lightly, bending down to reach over what he saw on the floor. He turned it on and smiled lightly to himself.

                'He's gonna need to ing pay or I will never return this to him.’

                He then went back into his taxi cab and drove off, feeling his mood lit up.

 

 

                Kiseop hurried to his first period, almost tripping on his tracks as he heard the school bell ring.

Ring!

                Luckily, he was able to get in on time.

 

 

                "Dude, why were you late?", Kibum asked, patting Kiseop on the shoulder.

                "I wasn't late.", Kiseop boringly responded, too tired to even speak.

                "Fine.", Kibum rolled his eyes. "Why were you almost late? And plus, you were sweating real hard and panting heavily. Something came up?"

                "Some idiots got in my way.", Kiseop coolly replied.

                "Them again?", Kibum asked in disbelief. "Just how much longer are they going to bother you, huh? What did you tell them?"

                "Told them to stop bugging me and that their girl is the one who keeps on coming and clinging to me, not me. That girl seriously have problems..", Kiseop shrugged.

                Kibum then nudged Kiseop, telling him through a whisper, "She's on her way to you.. I'm out here." And with that, he left Kiseop.

                "I seriously can't believe this guy.", Kiseop sighed to himself. "Baby!", Kiseop heard a familiar voice. He turned to where he thought the voice came from.

                The girl was just about to give him a disgusting hug, but then, he pushed her lightly. "Look, I'm not your baby or anything. We're not even together. And don't you ever give me your hug.", Kiseop starred directly into her doe-like eyes. "Just.. just leave me alone already, get it? Leave me alone. Your babies would never stop bugging me, and they are really bothering me. I almost got late for my first period because they ran after me!", Kiseop half-shouted, feeling people stare at him. He then lowered his voice down and told the girl who was about to shed a tear slowly and calmly, "Listen attentively to my words, okay? I don't like you. Heck, I don't even know you that much. I'm not the guy that you're looking for, alright? Please stop bothering me. I'm sorry. Bye.", and with that, Kiseop left.

 

 

                His last period finally came to an end. He reached for his pocket for his phone, he was going to send his mother a message. Nothing. He panicked as he continuously searched for his phone in his other pockets.

                "Where the hell is it?! Ugh!", he screamed out of frustration. He then went home with an annoyed expression on his face.

 

 

                "Mom, can I borrow your phone for a bit?", Kiseop asked his mother with a nice smile, putting his palms together and reaching it out as if he's waiting for his mom to put her phone on his hands.

                "What for?", his mother curiously asked, rising her eyebrows.

                "I-I have to call my friend.", Damn. Why isn't my voice cooperating with me?

                "Didn't I buy you your own phone?", his mother turned to him, crossing her arms together. It was very rare for Kiseop to ask for her phone since his’ has always been with him.

 

                Kiseop gulped. "The battery died and I had to make a call. Please?", Kiseop gave his mom his puppy eyes, knowing that she wouldn't be able to resist.

                He was right.

 

 

                Kiseop, satisfied, plumped down on his big, soft bed. He turned the phone on and dialed his number. Let's see who's going to answer..

                "Hello?", a soft, beautiful, angelic voice answered. Kiseop felt his face heat up by just hearing her.

                "U-um hello?", Kiseop nervously answered.

                "Hello?", the angel-voiced woman asked once again.

                "I-I'm sorry if I happen to distract you but... can I have my phone back?", Kiseop asked politely.

                "Oh, so you're the owner? Sure.", Kiseop wasn't sure if he had felt her smirk. Weird. Kiseop then told her where to meet.

 

 

                Kiseop waited. He couldn't wait to see who his phone's savior was. He actually had this feeling that he had heard that voice already, yet shrugged it off. He rubbed his sweaty palms together, trying to calm himself. He then felt a light tap on his shoulder, and he turned.

                There stood a blonde, gorgeous-looking, petite guy, looking at him curiously.

                "Are you the owner of this phone?", he sat down across him while waving the phone in front of the unknown guy.

               Kiseop didn't know how to react, he was expecting a woman but oh well, this guy can actually be mistaken for one.

                "Y-you're the one who answered my call?", he asked, widening his eyes with his mouth hang wide open.

                The blonde guy slowly nodded, contemplating on whether the phone owner had a mind problem.

                "Can I have my phone back now?", Kiseop directly asked, staring into the gorgeous guy's eyes.

                "Not until you pay your taxi fare.", the blonde guy shook his head and reached his hands out for the money.

                Was this guy the taxi driver? Kiseop mentally face palmed himself. Right. He forgot to pay unknowingly.

                "O-oh yes, so you were the taxi driver.. I'm so sorry I forgot!", Kiseop then rose up from his seat and bowed politely to the blonde guy. "H-how much is it?", Kiseop stuttered out of embarrassment as he searched for his wallet.

                "Two thousand six hundred seventy won.", the guy calmly responded.

                Kiseop once again bowed politely to the blonde guy. "I'm so sorry! I wasn't able to bring my wallet with me..", oh, Kiseop was literally dying from embarrassment right now. Then the guy chuckled.

                "Sit down.", the blonde guy told him. "It's alright. I'm gonna wait for your payment, but you won't get your phone until you pay me.", the guy lightly smiled at him. How can this guy be so cool about it?

                Kiseop wanted to protest, but he didn't have the courage to. Besides, he was the one at fault, right? Nothing will happen to his phone in this guy's hands, right? He gulped.

                "F-fine. I'm going to contact my phone number once I have free time to pay. Deal?", Kiseop reached his hand out. "Deal.", they shook hands together.

                Kiseop gulped once again.

 

 

                The day had come. Kiseop had a free time and he got his wallet with him. But how was he going to call his number? His mother went out. He sighed. Maybe he can ask his neighbor for help?

                Kiseop hurried outside and went to his neighbor. He knocked on the door a few times until it opened, just to reveal a young man just about his age. "Can I help you with something?", the teenager politely asked.

                "I'm sorry if I had bothered you but, can I please use your phone for a minute?", Kiseop hopefully asked the guy with pleading eyes.

                "Uhh sure, why not?", the teenager reached for his phone and handed it to Kiseop, hearing the latter mumble a 'thank you'.

                "Hello?", he once again heard the angelic voice.

                "Hey, I'm free now. Can we meet? I'm going to pay you.", Kiseop said reassuringly with a light smile on his face. "The usual place? Okay. 3pm. Got it.", Kiseop hung up. He then handed the teenager his phone back, thanking him. He then went back home to get ready. He didn't know why, but he felt excited and happy about meeting the angelic guy once more. ‘That gorgeous guy really got into me..’

 

 

                Kevin didn't know why. He was supposed to get mad or act all y meeting that guy first, but when he just saw him, he didn't have the strength to do so. 'Stop it, Kevin. Stop playing with your mind.', Kevin literally hit his head.

                "Ow..", he gently rubbed it, hoping that the pain would soon go away.

 

                Actually, Kevin lurked through the hottie's phone. He didn't read the messages though, that would be too evil of him and he was not that kind of person. He just looked through his photos. 'Damn, he's so attractive..', Kevin bit his lip.

 

                And today, he was going to meet that hot guy again. He smiled unknowingly to himself. He's anticipating it.

 

                Kevin then arrived at the venue. "This guy is so early. Always ahead of me..", Kevin quietly told himself as he approached the guy.

 

                "Hey.", Kevin simply greeted the other guy. "You're always ahead of me, huh?", he said, trying to start a simple conversation. He doesn't like awkwardness.

                "Yep, I don't like being late.", Kiseop cleared his throat. "By the way, here's the money. Sorry..", the guy apologized once again, bowing down lightly with an embarrassed look on his face.

                "No, I'm actually fine with it. I wasn't in a rush.", Kevin politely told the other, not wanting to make him feel uncomfortable. "Here's your phone.", he said as he put the phone gently on the table.

                "Thanks.", the other guy reached for it and examined it, looking for any scratch or damage.

                "Don't worry, I took care of it.", Kevin said as he chuckled, seeing the guy nod.

                "Would you like something to drink?", the other guy offered and gladly, Kevin accepted.

                "Oh, and by the way, my name is Kiseop. Lee Kiseop.", Kiseop reached his hand out to the other with a sweet, bright smile plastered on his handsome face.

 

                "Kevin. Kevin Woo.", and they shook hands together.

 

 

 

                Ever since that day, they had become closer than ever. They clicked so well. Meeting up with each other every time they had the chance to, sending each other some corny joke messages, calling each other just to know what the other one's up to and vice versa. Kevin has been happier than ever. Well, as you can see, Kevin kind of lost contact with his friends, living a lonely life. Kiseop always babbles about his newly found friend to his best friend, Kibum. He's actually been planning on letting Kevin and Kibum meet each other. Although Kevin has been ignoring his taxi cab sometimes, he was fine with it, he wasn't going to be completely broke anytime. Besides, whenever he gets to spend time with his taxi cab, he earns quite a lot of money, which was good for him.

 

 

                "Hey Kevin, you've already been to my house. How about you let me come to yours?", Kiseop suggested sweetly.

 

                Kevin was actually going to tell him that his house isn't as big as Kiseop’s and that there's nothing to see, but with Kiseop asking him like that? That's right, he said yes.

 

                "So, yeah. Here's my house..", Kevin told Kiseop whilst scratching his nape nervously, afraid that Kiseop wouldn't like his ugly, boring house.

 

                "Your house is nice! It's very nice and cozy, I feel relaxed. Can I stay here for a while?", Kevin grinned. He wasn't expecting the other's positive feedback, he was glad.

                "Sure, Kiseop."

-

                “Kiseop, what the hell do you think are you doing?”, Kevin fidgeted uncomfortably, trying to get Kiseop’s head off his shoulder. They were in the park, which is a public place. People might get the wrong idea.

                “Shh. I’m taking a nap. Don’t move.”, Kiseop sleepily said, holding Kevin tightly to make him sit still.

                Kevin felt his heart beat faster. Why is Kiseop doing this? It’s making him feel hopeful about the other guy liking him. He liked this, yet hated it at the same time.

-

                “Wanna come with me while I go around driving?”, Kevin asked with a bright smile.

                “Tch. Then you won’t get people to ride your cab because they’re going to think that, “Oh, it’s occupied. Let’s wait for another one to come.”, Kiseop hit Kevin’s head lightly.

                “Ow.. I don’t care! Wanna ride with me?”, Kevin asked him once again, hoping he would accept his offer.

                “Fine..”, Kiseop sighed in defeat. The younger one always win over him and his protests.

 

                Kevin has been actually thinking about his feelings for Kiseop. Unfortunately, he has been crushing on this guy ever since he had seen him. That's been made obvious, right? Oh, of course. He had been spazzing over his heart melting photos. Kevin had been struggling with his feelings for the other guy, because he knows it isn't right to feel that way. He know himself that he was gay, so it actually is right for him to feel that way. But what about for the other guy? He might think that Kevin's going out of his mind or something even worse. And that's not going to do any good for the both of them. Kiseop is a rich, gorgeous, nice guy, and Kevin is just a horrible taxi drive who stopped studying to be able to live. Kiseop can get into any kind of relationship he would want, but Kevin won't since he's gay. Kevin was proud of himself, but he just couldn't help but feel small and hopeless ever since he met the other guy. Should he confess about his true feelings? Or should he just keep it to himself to save their current relationship? He didn't want to ruin their relationship, but he didn't want to keep his true feelings to himself either. It was driving him insane.

 

                Kevin decided to give Kiseop a call. He needed to get everything out of his chest. It wouldn't hurt to try, right? Maybe the other one felt the same. Or he could just reject him nicely since he's that type of a guy. Kevin sighed.

                "Kiseop, are you busy?", Kevin asked the other guy.

 

                "I guess I'm not. Why?", Kevin could swear he could sense Kiseop smiling in the other line.

                "Can we meet up? The usual place. Please?", Kevin pleaded the other guy.

                Kiseop laughed. "Sure hmm.", and then they hung up on each other.

                Kevin then went to his taxi cab and used it to get there.

 

 

                Kevin nervously gripped on his cup of banana smoothie, contemplating on whether he should spit it out already or just do it some other time.

                He had unknowingly let his mind wander off about how he had met up with Kiseop, reminiscing that very special day. He met him in such a ridiculous, horrible way. It was acceptable though. Kevin thought about how his confession would affect the other. He can’t waste the opportunity, though. He had called Kiseop to meet him up just for his stupid feelings. He let out a heavy sigh, which had caught Kiseop's attention.

 

                "Kev, what's up? You're not so happy today, huh?", Kiseop joked as he sipped his melon smoothie.

 

                "Kiseop, I've got something to tell you.", Kevin suddenly spit out, avoiding the other one's gaze.

                Kiseop didn’t know why, but Kevin’s tone of speaking made him feel nervous and uncomfortable in a way.

 

                "I've been actually competing with myself over this, and I've finally decided to just say this out. Please don't get mad at me or anything. And I'm sorry if you won't like what I'm about to say.", Kevin told him quite sadly, he didn't know why. He saw Kiseop fidget nervously in his peripheral vision.

 

                "Kiseop, I like you. Oh, you'd probably say that you like me too. Well, to make it clearer, I like you more than a friend. Do you get what I've been meaning to say?", Kevin told Kiseop with his voice slightly trembling, looking at the other's eyes directly as he finished his confession.

                'I shouldn't have.. I knew it.'

 

                Kiseop's expression was priceless, and it was nothing near being happy or glad or anything like that, Kevin thought. He had his eyes wide open and his mouth wide open, forming a perfect 'o'. Yes, Kevin felt relieved when he actually got to blurt his feelings out. But then again, he knew he shouldn't have. Awkward silence wrapped their atmosphere up, Kiseop sitting still, shocked, and not saying anything to the other guy who just confessed to him truthfully.

 

                "I'm sorry. I'm going now.", Kevin couldn't stop his tears anymore and he can't even bear letting Kiseop see his crying face.

                

                "I've been so stupid. Well, he's a guy and I'm a guy, we're both guys... what the was I thinking?!", Kevin asked himself angrily as he started his cab and drove off straight to his home.

                As soon as he got home, he immediately called his sister and asked if he could live with her for some time since something came up. Luckily, his sister agreed.

 

                "Expect me there in 4 hours. Don’t tell mom and dad, okay? Yeah sure. Bye.", Kevin tried to keep his voice still and it worked. He wiped his eyes roughly, annoyed that it kept on producing hot tears. It was staining his face and he didn't like the sticky feeling. That's why he hated crying.

 

                Kevin is a very sensitive person and he wouldn't be able to bear being near Kiseop, especially not when he just got 'rejected'.

 

                Kevin then quickly packed his things up. Fortunately, he didn't have much stuffs stored in his house and was done in about 30 minutes. He then drove off to his sister.

 

                "At least he could have just rejected me nicely, not just looking at me like a damn tarsier with his wide eyes.", Kevin muttered to himself with his hoarse voice. "He probably hates me now.."

 

                For what Kevin doesn't know, Kiseop actually feels the same for the latter.

                Shock took over Kiseop, which had resulted him to not react at all. He was actually trying to process in what Kevin had just blurted out. 'Was it true?'

                "I'm sorry. I'm going now.", Kiseop heard but wasn't able to react immediately for he was too shocked by the person he's been crushing on ever since’s sudden confession.

                "Wait!", Kiseop got up and ran after Kevin, but was too late since he was already inside his taxi cab and drove off.

                “!”

                Kiseop then ran to the road and waited for a vacant taxi to come. He then got in and told the driver the directions impatiently.

                "God damn! Why is it so traffic today?!", Kiseop cursed. "I think there's a sale in that mall..", he earned a response from the driver, who is now pointing at a certain mall.

                Kiseop reached out for his wallet and paid the driver as he mumbled a 'thanks'. He can just run all the way from here.

                Panting heavily, he reached Kevin's house safely. He went closer to the door and knocked on it a few times.

                "Kevin? Are you there? Look, I'm sorry, okay? I got too surprised by your sudden confession.", Kiseop blurted out fastly as he was getting impatient. Too impatient.

 

                "Kevin?", Kiseop opened the door.

                He was too late.

 

 

“Or so I thought.”, Kiseop laughed helplessly, feeling good while reminiscing those days. Kevin had fallen asleep, so he had to finish it off all by himself.

“Daddy, I don’t understand.”, Kiseop’s eight-year-old son asked, staring deeply into his daddy’s eyes while scrunching his nose cutely.

Kiseop gently ruffled his son’s thin hair, fidgeting on his seat.

“After a year or so, I was just done working out in this gym with my best friend, Kibum..”, Kiseop was interrupted by his beloved daughter.

“Ooooooooh Kibum! That handsome guy who always pay us a visit!”, she cooed dreamily as she glanced to her brother who was looking at her weirdly.

“You’re too young for that!”, Kiseop’s son scolded his sister, who was just two years younger than him.

“Shhhhhh! You’re waking mom up!”, she hit her brother to shut him up.

It was then Kiseop’s turn to interrupt them and continue with his story, “I was too tired to walk home, so I decided to just take the taxi.”, Kiseop chuckled. “And that was it, your mom turns out to be the taxi driver.”, he smiled at them sweetly, clasping his hands together.

“Ooh that must be hard!”, his son said. “So after that, you had to chase after him and talk about what happened the previous year? Ooh!”

Kiseop nodded. “Your mother was so annoying back then, he wouldn’t let me explain. Then I kissed him and he ran out of words. Funny, isn’t it? It was like.. fate had brought us two together.”