“Thanks for keeping the faith.”

Thanks for keeping the faith

Yunho and Changmin’s heavy breaths could be heard through their microphones as the background music started to fade out.

The lights still focused on the stage let them see the different fandoms, each with their significant color, but the brighter one, the one that shone the most was the Red Ocean.

The leader gave a smile to the maknae holding his hand before both of them bowed towards the audience.

The screams of the fans increased even more as they thanked them, with this action finalizing their performance and the concert where many artists had performed.

However, neither of them walked out the stage, preparing themselves instead for the reaction to the surprise that was coming and with their black and gold costumes they stood there, but this time looking at the opening doors at the back of the stage.

But before they opened completely, Yunho turned to the audience and shouted with all his might a name he was so proud and thankful for.

Cassiopeia.

And as a single body the red lightsticks shone even brighter than possible and the shout was louder than they had ever heard before.

Because walking through those doors were three males in their white and blue costumes.

It was a precious moment, the moment they had been waiting for a long time.

Maybe it wasn't the way they had dreamed about it.

Maybe their costumes didn’t match anymore.

Maybe they didn’t share the same songs anymore.

Maybe their musical and career paths were never meant to cross anymore, but…

As the five of them held hands again and bowed to the audience, it was perfect.

Because Cassiopeia will shout Dong Bang Shin Ki until the end of time.

Because what mattered were the smiles on their faces as they looked at each other.

What mattered was that they held hands and that they hugged each other with teary eyes.

Tears of happiness that only a family could understand.

Because this was the answer to those many songs they sang.

The longing they couldn’t express directly.

The sadness that their voices carried every time the idea of wanting to see each other again came to their minds while singing.

But now it was ok, it was fine, it was better.

It was perfect.

Because the words they once had said about DBSK being their family, being their all, and wanting to be together forever were all true.

Those words weren’t a childish statement or an impulse.

But as they had grown up to be mature men they had come to realize that being a family also meant letting go.

Letting each of the members strive for their dreams.

Because the success of each of them meant the happiness of all the family.

Because it didn’t matter that their costumes didn’t match anymore.

It didn’t matter that their songs or musical style was different or that they now had other activities as dramas and musicals.

Because this was actually the way they had dreamed about it.

When they will wipe the tears of the other members face and hug them even tighter before giving them a smile.

Because what was important was that their love was still there and that when they looked past the stage Cassiopeia was shining and shouting for them.

Because now they didn’t have to dream about it.

They didn’t have to close their eyes and imagine how it could be.

Because this time on the stage, a place the five of them love, they could smile together again.

And with the fans’ anxious silence that only the leader could make possible, they started to introduce themselves.

But this time, the stage names or stage order didn’t matter anymore.

This time they were just them.

Jung Yunho, Kim Junsu, Park Yoochun, Shim Changmin, Kim Jaejoong.

Because if something was still there, it was the love they had for each other and their love for and of their fans.

And also something that only they can achieve.

Because their voices blended in their characteristic perfect harmony as the words left their mouths.

“Thanks for keeping the faith.”

Because as much as many expected them to sing together again on stage, what their hearts dictated was to be able to express their feelings, their ‘I missed you’ and their ‘I love you’ and their ‘I’ll call you later’ as friends that don’t have a wall separating them.

Like a family that can spend all day doing their own activities, but at the end of the day they will eat together and talk about their day and wish each other goodnight.

And that was the bond they wanted to get back between the five.

The bond that allowed them to smile and laugh even when they were hungry and tired.

The bond that helped them overcame each problem.

And the bond that they had been longing for while they couldn’t see each other.

But now it was there again to remind them once again that above being singers, actors, artists, they are a family.

A family that has always kept the faith.