First Meeting

Text

 

You excitedly walked into the coffee shop and sat at the same table as your friend, Eunhyuk. Like the best friend he was, he had just texted you to tell you that your crush was also here. "Go talk to him" Eunhyuk immediately said, nodding towards another table.
 
You shook your head no. "He's way out of my league" you said, suddenly nervous. 
 
"I didn't text you to come here for nothing. Come on, he's sitting there all alone. This is your chance to talk to him!" Eunhyuk stood up from the table and pulled your arm. 
 
"No, he's busy studying. I don't want to bother him."
 
"Come on, I can hook you up. He's in one of my classes and he's really nice."
 
You groaned just because you couldn't think of any words to argue with anymore so Eunhyuk took your wrist and practically dragged you over to Leeteuk's table. 
 
"Leeteuk" Eunhyuk greeted him.
 
"Oh, hey Eunhyuk" Leeteuk looked up from the book he was reading. 
 
"This is my friend _______" Eunhyuk said, pointing at you. "She thinks you're cute."
 
"Eunhyuk!" you muttered under your breath and elbowed him. 
 
"I'll leave now." Eunhyuk smiled at you, then walked away. 
 
Leeteuk laughed a little bit and you awkwardly sat down across from him. "Sorry for the awkward intro..." you said. 
 
"It's okay, Eunhyuk's like that, huh?" He smiled at you, almost making you melt on the spot. His smile was so perfect. And his little dimple was absolutely adorable. "I'm Jungsoo by the way. But I go by Leeteuk." He held his hand out to you and you shook it a little timidly. You liked his proper introduction more than Eunhyuk's I'll-just-drop-you-off-here way. 
 
"So what are you reading?" You tried to make simple conversation without getting distracted by your erratic heart beat. 
 
"Just a book for history class..."
 
And the conversation went from there. He never stopped talking once he started - which you didn't mind because then there were no awkward silences - and you learned a lot about him. After an hour, you two decided to walk around at the nearby park. He was very playful, pushing you on the swings, climbing around on the play structure, and sliding down the slides. You knew Leeteuk was one of the most popular guys in school, but this childish side he was showing you was adorable. Before you knew it, another hour had past and the late Saturday afternoon sky turned a little darker. Then he walked you home and for the first time, he was silent. 
 
"Are you cold?" he suddenly asked. He took off his jacket and put it around you before you could say anything, but you were thankful since you were actually shivering. The jacket was really fuzzy and warm and it smelled good from his cologne. Every so often your hands kept knocking against each other's and you'd both blush away. Finally you came up to your house. Leeteuk walked you to the front door and you both awkwardly stood facing each other, not exactly sure what to do next. 
 
"Can I have your number?" Leeteuk blurted out. "I mean, because I'd like to get to know you more."
 
"Oh yeah, of course" you said and you put your phone number in his contact list. You handed his phone back to him and he nodded his thanks. 
 
"Well, I guess I'll see you at school" Leeteuk said. You nodded, but you couldn't think of anything to say back. Your heart had been beating at an incredibly fast and unhealthy rate and you couldn't ignore it anymore. You were surprised it hadn't already jumped right out of your chest because it was beating so hard. You were standing in front of the epitome of perfection, but all you could do was stare into his soft brown eyes.
 
Suddenly, he wrapped his arms around you and pulled you into a tight hug. It was one of those long hugs where neither one of you wanted to let go. You wished you could stay in this moment forever - just you and him, keeping each other warm despite the crisp evening air around you. You didn't know how long you had been standing there hugging, but eventually you let go. You both whispered goodbye and he started walking down the front steps. 
 
"Wait, do you want your jacket back?" you asked. 
 
He stopped half way down and turned around. "Keep it." He smiled so his dimple showed again and he waved goodbye. You watched him walk down your street and hoped that he didn't have to walk far to get home. Thinking about everything that happened today, you sighed happily and went inside your house. You hadn't even made it to your bedroom before your phone vibrated with a text message:
 
Goodnight Beautiful, sweet dreams :) - Leeteuk
 
You stood in the hallway looking down at your phone with a goofy grin on your face; you quickly replied back, then jumped into bed, still snuggling into his jacket.