Love Knows No Bounds, Right?

You Spin Me Right Round

 

 

 

 

At first Chanyeol takes his chance when he sees Kyungsoo alone reading a book under a tree. His usual long and confident strides are replaced with hesitant and nervous steps and the bright smile on his lips is replaced with a modest one (the smile he gives strangers so he doesn’t scare them forever). Today he’s wearing a nice blue and white button down with a pair of dark wash jeans (with no holes because he wants a gentlemanly image). He prides himself as it took an unnecessary amount of time (and a phone call to his best friend’s boyfriend. Damn, he didn’t know Baekhyun was that good with fashion. No wonder Kris always looked like he came out of a runway). Straightening himself out and reciting his pre-scripted lines, it isn’t long before he’s standing in front of the small male, towering over him while his shadow laid upon the younger’s body like an early winter blanket.

 

Kyungsoo looks up and blinks his round, pretty eyes. His succulent lips morph into an ‘o’ shape, an unspoken question nestling before his mouth.

 

“Hey Kyungsoo, I’m in your world history class…” He stutters out, deep voice rolling out like a smooth bowling ball over polished hardwood floor. He’s surprised it didn’t crack.

 

“Yes, I’m aware. You’re the only one who failed that pop quiz yesterday, right?” He asks, voice sweet and innocent like lilies and honey. Chanyeol doesn’t delve deep into the meaning, rather relishing the soft sound of his voice. It sounded just like it did in class when he gave a presentation. Only now, it wasn’t professional nor was he delivering history facts about World War 2. Chanyeol admits that he’s zoned out more than once in class, and the sole reason was the small man in front of him. How could such a man be so fragile and delicate, so dainty that his build and frame could rival a girl? Pale, milky skin and big, round doe like eyes; a slender waist and plush thighs that would a super model a green face. Chanyeol found himself staring (creepily again. Was his tongue hanging out? That’d be embarrassing) and only when Kyungsoo cleared his throat did he finally realize he was talking to the school’s resident sugar prince.

 

“Yeah, anyways, I was thinking if you were free—”

 

A mere second later, a football launches itself right into his left temple. The football bounces back onto the patchy green colored ground and stops rolling near Kyungsoo’s feet. The latter looks up in shock, mouth hanging open.

 

“Sorry Kyungsoo, you don’t need to worry your pretty little head over this big guy, we’ll take care of it.”

 

Jongin and Sehun leave with Chanyeol’s arms wrapped around their shoulders, body dragging on the ground. Chanyeol will curse them later for getting holes into his only jeans that didn’t have holes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You don’t touch Kyungsoo.”

 

“You don’t talk to Kyungsoo.”

 

“And lastly,” Jongin and Sehun say in union, “You don’t ask Kyungsoo out.”

 

Chanyeol is still suffering the aftereffects of having a football ingraining itself into the side of his brain, but he’s coherent enough to realize what the sophomores are saying. He furrows his eyebrows and presses the icepack (that Jongin had so kindly supplied him) closer to his throbbing bruise above his eye. He gives his coldest glare to the other two males, uneven eyes evening out.

 

“Why not?”

 

Jongin scoffs like he’d just heard something incredulous and Sehun rolls his eyes as of talking to someone lower than him (a better term, ‘peasant’). They both are seated near each other on an office couch, longs legs crossing over long legs while Chanyeol sat near the door in an empty desk. It appeared the two sophomores had taken him to a deserted classroom.

 

“Because,” Jongin starts, “He doesn’t belong to just one person, he belongs to everyone.” Sehun finishes off coolly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kris and Baekhyun stare, amused, as Chanyeol stabs his grotesque cafeteria lunch with his cheap cafeteria spork. His ratty cafeteria tray is made of plastic, and he sees the brown substance the school deemed edible slowly drip through the small hole and settle onto the tables. It makes for a disgusting sight, but no one was looking anyways. Everyone’s focus was either on Kyungsoo or their lunch time partners/group.

 

“Talk to him.” Kris offers.

 

“That’s the point. I can’t. If I get even get close to him, his secret service will throw my to China.” Chanyeol grumbles unhappily. He steals a green apple from Baekhyun’s tray and ignores the cry of protest that follows. He munches angrily, unnaturally wide eyes glued to a small figure sitting in the middle of the cafeteria.  The boy is alone, back hunched over as he scribbled words onto his advanced math’s worksheet. Nearby, Chanyeol shifts his eyes and sees the secret service lounging about, chatting pleasantly to each other. Any one student who got too close to their precious prince would be viscously clawed and possibly maimed. They may or may not will be dismembered with their body parts scattered throughout the world greatest oceans.

 

“Look! Can’t they see that he’s lonely? I should go over there right now and sit with him.” Chanyeol announces, getting ready to slide one of his long legs out from underneath the table. Baekhyun stares up at him curiously.

 

“Didn’t you say if you went over there they’d ‘throw your to China’?”

 

Alas, Chanyeol is already twelve paces too far to hear him. Time slows as his mouth opens and his left leg strides forward. A hand comes from behind him and whacks him on the side of his already injured head, just as another leg trips him. Chanyeol falls with a muffled cry, his large body coming in contact with the filthy cafeteria ground. Crowding his sides, Joonmyeon and Zitao stand over him, hands crossed across their chests. Behind them, the cafeteria resumes its usual activities. This isn’t new.

 

“Do. Not.” Zitao grits out in flawed Korean.

 

“Touch. Kyungsoo.” Luhan appears from behind the other Chinese, cracking his knuckles.

 

At that moment, Kris and Baekhyun race up to them, both panting; Kris’s posture more relaxed with his hands easily at his side while Baekhyun was in frenzy when he knelt down to aid his fallen friend. Chanyeol dramatically groans and slaps one of his hands over his heart, the other surging forward to grip Baekhyun’s shirt. Chanyeol pulls him forward until his mouth was right above Baekhyun’s ear.

 

“I’m dying,” He gasps, “If I don’t see Kyungsoo right now, I’m gonna die.”

 

“Oh grow up you giant teddy bear.” Luhan snaps. The others nod and start to leave, walking back to their table.

 

Kris raises an eyebrow, “And I thought I was the lovesick one.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Math .”

 

“So do you.”

 

“No I don’t!”

 

“You’ll Kyungsoo though.”

 

“Touché.”

 

Chanyeol yelps as someone slaps the back of his head. He turns around and sees Zitao and Jongdae glowering at him.

 

“Don’t say such erted things about our Kyungsoo.”

 

“If he’s everyone’s, why isn’t he mine?” Chanyeol grumbles unhappily as the teacher gives him the stink eye. He picks up his pencil and starts drawing mini stick figures of him and Kyungsoo on a date. Stick figure Kyungsoo has an ice cream cone in one of his hands while the other is being held by stick figure Chanyeol. It seems that they’re on a date near a park (Chanyeol had heard Kyungsoo sing at the park near his house before; it was that day the made Chanyeol start routinely go there and just listen to the other sing).

 

It’s five minutes later when Jongdae whispers to him, “Because Kyungsoo already likes you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol barely catches Kyungsoo when the bell rings to signal the end of their history class. The younger looks sleepy, adorably wide eyes blinking every so often until he uses the palms of his hands to rub his face. Chanyeol nearly squeals from the cuteness, but then he remembers his voice comes from the deep pits of hell and decides it might not be the best idea to potentially scare of his object of affection, not when he’s this close to snatching some alone time with him.

 

“I was thinking, that maybe of you were up for it, um— I mean I know you’re tired but—to uh, like just kinda—sorta tutor me?” Wow, he thinks, that was an unnecessarily long sentence. Kyungsoo blinks up at him questioningly (and eternally Chanyeol does squeal because having several good inches of height over the other is ing awesome).

 

“Sure! When do you want to meet up? I’m free right now if you want, since it’s lunch and we have a test tomorrow.”

 

we do? “Sure! I studied a bit beforehand so I just need some extra help.” Chanyeol laughs nervously and readjusts the binder snuggled in between his hip and hand.

 

Kyungsoo beams at him, eyes twinkling. “Awesome! Let me just get my stuff from my locker and we’ll meet at the library in ten minutes? I got to run something for Mrs. Davis.”

 

Kyungsoo runs off after an affirmative nod from him. Chanyeol looks left and right for any sign of the sugar prince’s secret service and when he sees a deserted hallway, he jumps for joy. He pumps his fist into the air and clutches his binder against his chest, back sliding down the wall behind him.

 

“I have a study date with Kyungsoo.” He says.

 

His eyes widen.

 

“I, school idiot, Park Chanyeol, have a study date with the Sugar prince, Do Kyungsoo.”

 

A second of silence follows before he jumps to his feet and tears through the hallway, his deep voice bouncing off yellowed wallpaper and rusty metal.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“…and Andrew Jackson didn’t want the war with Mexico you see, so he didn’t annex Texas, Chanyeol are you alright?”

 

“You’re so pretty Kyungsoo…” Chanyeol mumbles dreamily, head propped up by the heel of his hand. They’re alone in the library, with the librarian being on lunch break (But she trusts Kyungsoo enough to not let Chanyeol burn down the building). Kyungsoo looks taken back, but the light blush on his cheeks says anything other than discomfort.

 

“T-Thanks…” He shyly replies, twirling his Rilakkuma pencil between his slender fingers. He looks down back at his textbook, staring at an unflattering picture of John C. Calhoon. Chanyeol peers over his shoulder and laughs.

 

“He isn’t the most attractive looking guy I’ve seen.”

 

Kyungsoo looks back up and smiles, the atmosphere around them much lighter. (Chanyeol thanks his natural talent at lightening up the mood and preventing awkward silences.)

 

Because oh my gosh did he just feel Kyungsoo soft, moisturized hands brush against his rough, calloused ones with years of car and metal work scarring it?

 

Chanyeol thinks about throwing himself down at Kyungsoo feet and crying how he wasn’t worth the touch of his skin but the look on the younger’s face is too adorable so he settles for a subtle touch at the back of his neck.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After five study dates, word gets around that Chanyeol had been seeing Kyungsoo after school and this is not ok. Why? Because the secret service has been out to kill him for the past week. (Not including the time where Kyungsoo had saved him from a disaster of red pasta on his white shirt. Damn Joonmyeon and his possessive tendencies.)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I think we should call in the SWAT team.” Chanyeol mutters miserably, walking beside Kris. Baekhyun had Biology while the two giants had Physical Education. The gym shorts ride up a bit too high on their legs and the jerseys are just a tad too short but no one’s complaining when Kris jumps to make a three pointer and a sliver of skin exposes itself to the world. The coach whistles for a break the two star players jog to the end of the court, away from curious ears.

 

“Why?” Kris side eyes him. He gulps down water from the bottle and from afar several girls screech as they watch meticulously as his Adams apple bobs up and down hypnotically. Beads of sweat roll down his face, and they glisten like diamonds when the sun’s rays hit them.

 

Chanyeol glances at Zitao playing soccer on the grass field. He watches with open fear as the supposed shy Chinese transfer performs a perfect butterfly kick and cringes when the ball is launched, hard, into some lanky freshman’s chest.

 

He opens his mouth to talk without taking his eye off the now limps body sprawled across the grass field. “Tao gave me his evil eye this morning and I’ve been fearing for my life ever since.”

 

Kris nods seriously, “Oh, the evil eye.” He gives the other an encouraging pat on the back, “Good luck man. Don’t forget, if he breaks a bone tell Kyungsoo to take care of you.” He yells, already running across the blacktop.

 

Chanyeol sighs and walks after him solemnly.

 

“That’s the reason I’m getting hurt…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol doesn’t realize it until it’s too late and he’s cornered into a stereotypically abandoned alleyway beside the school. Both Jongin and Sehun are present, and so are Joonmyeon, Luhan, Tao, and surprisingly Yixing (who Chanyeol didn’t know was in the secret service. Why was it almost all the Chinese transfers had a thing for his Kyungsoo?) All of them look threatening, with frowns almost permanently etched onto their flawless faces and lips barred against teeth.

 

Joonmyeon walks over to him first, his teacher smile stretched pleasantly stretched over his pretty boy face.  Chanyeol takes a step back and freezes when his back hits solid concrete. He’s at a dead end.

 

“Chanyeol, Chanyeol, Chanyeol…” Joonmyeon repeats in sighs. It sounds almost disapproving, as if he was a teacher and Chanyeol was the student who’d failed the test or didn’t do their homework. “I thought we talked about this. Stop trying to get Kyungsoo. We don’t want to hurt you, but we will if you keep trying to go after the forbidden fruit.”

 

“I’m not Christian, sorry.”

 

Jongin grits his teeth and moves until he’s standing beside Joonmyeon, “Look, stop trying to get close to Kyungsoo. Tao’s been training in Wushu since he could walk and Minseok knows Hapkido. Joonmyeon is class representative and school president. He can get the whole student body against you. Just stop trying Chanyeol.” He sneers, eyes blazing. Joonmyeon places a calm hand on his shoulder. Jongin sends him one last glare before turning away to return to his spot next to Sehun.

 

Chanyeol felt the world stop. Was this how it felt to girls when their crushes rejected them? Chanyeol didn’t think this was a crush, because how could his heart beat so fast at the thought of his adorable eyed senior? How could his hands and knees shake so vigorously, while when he talked his voice stuttered so embarrassingly? Jongin’s statement made his brain hurt and his heart clench. He was sure of this, with every fiber of his being, he was sure of one thing.

 

“I really like Kyungsoo,” Chanyeol says, catching everyone by surprise. His voice is surprisingly steady, clean and solid like the first time he talked to Kyungsoo. “I know I do. This isn’t some petty little crush. I’ve spent so much time with him; we’ve talked to each other during, after, and in between classes. He’s such a wonderful person and he’s so perfect, and I don’t know what I’d do if he were to suddenly disappear and—” Just as he was about to choke on his words, a voice cuts through his.

 

“Is that true, Chanyeol?”

 

All of them turn around to see the person they’d been fighting over, the person who’d caused Chanyeol so much self-confliction, the person who’d made everyone’s lives so much more complicated, emerge from behind one of the numerous trash cans that littered the back alleyway.

 

“Kyungsoo,” Jongin gasps, eyes widening as a blush overtook his cheeks, “I didn’t, we didn’t see you walk over…”

 

“Chanyeol and I were supposed to catch a movie after school so I followed him.” Kyungsoo looks to Chanyeol with…hope in his eyes? He looks wistful, like a dream about to come true.

 

“Yes,” Chanyeol says, honestly answering the unspoken question, “I really think I…like you.”

 

Tao steps out from the sidelines, “Kyungsoo, don’t listen to him, he’s just—”

 

“No, no guys, it’s fine. I think, I really do like you too Chanyeol.”

 

Chanyeol grins, too happy to care about his creeper smile finally breaking through. He’s too happy to even care about the secret service when he walks up to Kyungsoo and gives him a big bear hug, his long arms wrapping around a thin torso. Kyungsoo squeezes him tightly in return, reminding him that all his love isn’t one sided and this all isn’t some sick joke the younger had made (not that he thought Kyungsoo had enough malice in him). Even when he pulls away and the evil glares of the secret service members hit him, he’s too far up cloud 9 to even bother.

 

 

Hey guys! For all of you who saw my little depressed blog entry...eh...

I'm trying to do better, but I have a math test tomorrow so I may...go off the deep end again.

Anyways, I hoped you liked the Chansoo!

I may or may nor write a sequel hehe~

My tumblr:

Taquitao.tumblr.com