The Meeting

An Angel From the Darkness

 

*Chapter Three- The Meeting*
 
Kai didn't feel like being confronted by his roommates, who haven't been as supportive as they should've been. They were all like him once, but they've appeared to have forgotten that. He needed more than just a place to stay. Kai was left emotionally abandoned, alone, rejected; forced to fend for himself. He wished someone could be there to support him, guide him, LOVE him even, but that all seemed very far-fetched to the vulnerable boy. Feeling worthless, Kai woke up early to clear his mind of melancholy and self loathing and strolled down the busy streets of Seoul. 
 
Hours passed and before he knew it, the sky was getting dark. Still, none of the merchants bothered to greet Kai or offer to sell him anything. Rumor got around that this cryptic young man lost his parents in a freak accident a little more than a year ago. For awhile now, they've observed that though incredibly well built and handsome, the mysterious boy always kept to himself with his head down and hands in his pockets. And so they all assumed the rumors were true. In fact, they were right but he'd never told a single soul the details. Hell, even if he did they wouldn't have believed it. It was hard for even Kai to grasp, let alone anyone else, and he kept expecting to wake up to the smell of bacon and eggs for breakfast in his old familiar bedroom instead of the make-shift one his friends had graciously set up for him. Sure he was more than grateful, but he really did miss his parents and the simpler life he had left behind. 
 
The desire for the past was fresh in his mind when Kai turned a corner onto a secluded street that was a shortcut home. At first, he didn't notice the shrouded robes of the men in the night. They were hidden by the darkness and the thick trees that lined the pathway.
Could it be...? I thought... I thought they... NO, impossible!
"What do you people want from me? You guys are supposed to be dead! Can't you just leave me alone already?" Kai shouted out to the shadows with a mixture of worry and confusion.
In response to his frightened words, six tall men in dark robes stepped out of the darkness and surrounded the helpless man. 
 
image.jpeg
 
Their leader, an extremely tall blonde, locked eyes with Kai and grinned a vicious grin that made the smaller man tremble to the bone. 
"It's nice to see you too, dongsaeng." Kris purred with the threatening snarl still apparent on his thin face. "But I'm afraid we can't leave you alone just yet. Oh no, no. Soon enough, something we want very much will be in your possession and we're here to make sure you know we're coming for you." He let out a menacing laugh and continued. " And for the record, we'll get it done with or WITHOUT your cooperation. So be wise and do this the easy way, brother. Trust me, you'd prefer it that way." 
Before Kai could let this warning sink in, all six shadows vanished and it left him with nothing more than an intense chill and an uneasy stomach.
 
 
 
 
 
~Note: this means a thought.