The Revelation

An Angel From the Darkness
*Chapter One- The Revelation*
 
Kai laid in a modest bed in his dull bedroom, blankly staring at the ceiling.
God I hate that color..
He rolled over to his right side and tucked his arm under his pillow. Just like any other night, sleep alluded him. He was in a constant battle to halt his thoughts long enough to get a decent amount of rest. He deserved it anyway, but sleep continued to play keep away with his tired body. By this time, he was well aware that there was no use in trying. He sighed sadly.
 
Suddenly, an uncontrollable pain shot through him. It was as though someone struck a match and lit a trail of hot flames that originated at his head, reached his arms, and went all the way down until even his toes seemed to melt from the smoldering heat. Even after what seemed to be a lifetime of this torture, the young boy couldn't seem to get used to it. He let out a loud groan of agony, every part of him contorted in pain. He squeezed his eyes shut and clawed at his bed sheets to try and relax a bit but he knew all too well what was to come next... those damn images. And just like clockwork, an image followed the quick yet unbearable pangs of torment.
 
Kai focused... he could faintly make out a remarkably beautiful young woman, maybe around his age, sitting alone in a bright meadow filled with an array of colorful flowers with her legs neatly folded beneath her. Kai could momentarily see her face as her big brown eyes looked at his direction and she smiled a perfect smile of an angel.
 
 
 
Butterflies fluttered as he watched her thin, graceful frame rise from the ground, pick the reddest rose from the grass and playfully twirled around. He was hypnotized as her long, curly brown hair bounced around her and her light dress spun in circles. The girl stopped spinning and Kai could sense danger. She turned a direction and began to cautiously shake her head, a frightened look plastered to her gorgeous face. Someone or something horrifying was approaching her and she frantically called for help. She was beyond scared and began to run out of fear... away... away... The image flickered. Kai struggled to hold on, but it disappeared just as fast as it came, leaving no trace of the stunning girl. Kai slowly opened his eyes and sat up. Heart racing, he had a strong urge to save the damsel in distress and marry her. He had never seen anyone so breathtaking in his life, and he was determined to remember her. Looking around, he saw a delicate ray of light intrude his otherwise dingy room. His eyes followed the light and he set his gaze on the full moon.
 
Although the moonlight shone through his window, he felt nothing but darkness. These past three years had been nothing but hell. He was blessed, yes, but at what cost? This overwhelming loneliness he's been feeling lately was enough to make death seem desirable. Besides, it wasn't fair, he was only nineteen and never asked for any of these burdensome visions. His social life died with the start of his so-called "powers" on his sixteenth birthday. He wished he could go back to his simple life before all the chaos. In fact, he wished someone could end it ALL. That way, no one should ever have to suffer the way he is now.
Then I would have them again... I would be able to hold them and never let go...
What was he thinking? He couldn't ponder on the past! He has a responsibility now and he has to embrace it or else dire consequences would impede on humanity.
"Stupid... stupid!" Kai scolded himself.
 
He got out from under his covers to hastily throw on a t-shirt. He then left his room, ran downstairs and headed towards the front door. He must have made quite a ruckus because he woke up his 5 roommates Baekhyun, Suho, Chanyeol, D.O. and Sehun. They each shot Kai a questioning look and Chanyeol, grinning in his increasingly creepy way, jokingly called out,
"So, you need some fresh air at three in the morning, hmm?"
Kai froze halfway out the door. He turned their direction,
"Haha very funny. I'll be back. I have something important to do." he answered.
"Oh really now? Who would've guessed? You ALWAYS have some stupid stuff going on and you keep us in the dark! When will you ever have time for us, huh? Are you too busy for even your best friends now?" Suho accused.
"Calm down... I was just..." Kai started but paused which made Suho snort in derision.
"What an idiot, doesn't even know what hell he's doing. I'm going back to sleep." Suho growled and stumbled back upstairs.
Kai was embarrassed and closed the front door. D.O. looked on with sympathy as Kai apologized and went back to his room.
What just happened? I didn't even know where I was going..
 
Yet somehow, he was sure he did. Before his roommates startled him, he HAD known where to go. He felt as though someone had been guiding him towards an important destination and he was mindlessly being pulled by a string.
"That was weird." Kai whispered to himself.
He crawled back into bed and eventually fell asleep, dreaming of that mysterious girl he pictured in the meadow, twirling around and around...
 
 
 
~Note: this means a thought.