Forever and Always

Forever

 

It's been 2 years since we met. I still remember it like it was yesterday, I mean how could I not? It was a rainy, April, day and I was on my way to class but I needed my daily fix of coffee so I stopped by a cafe on the way. That day was supposed to be like any other boring day but you changed that. You became my reason for being, the person I've been waiting for, my soul mate. Maybe it was chance but I liked to believe it was fate that brought us together.

I walked into the coffee shop and ordered my usual drink. I went to go and grab it but on my way to the counter you walked near me and tripped, spilling your frappe all over me. I wasn't angry, only shocked. That was the first time something like that happened to me. After the momentary shock wore off I saw you were still on the ground and I helped you up off the floor. When I did you kept apologizing, of course, and offered to pay for dry cleaning, mumbling something about, 'I can't believe this happened again. Stupid duck feet.' At first I didn't understand, but now I do. I told you it was fine and that you didn't need to pay for dry cleaning but you insisted and gave me your number on a small sheet of paper, telling me to call you when I got the bill. Before I could refuse you were gone. I was left in daze. Eventually I remembered my coffee and went to go get it before heading home to change and missing my first class. But again, I wasn't mad. The rest of the day I found myself thinking back to the moment in the cafe. I couldn't get you out of my head. I didn't understand why at the time. I was stupid. The rest of the week went by slowly and every morning when I went to get my coffee I found myself wishing to run into you again. I always looked around trying to find you but left in disappointment each time. I finally got the bill for the dry cleaning later and it gave me an excuse to call you. I can't help but laugh whenever I think about that call. When you picked up I could hear shuffling in the background and then I heard your voice speaking to me. I told you who I was and you were about to say something when I heard a noise and a scream on the other end. I yelled, asking what happened and if you were ok and you just laughed into the phone saying you just tripped over your carpet again. I laughed. You were so clumsy but I love that about you, especially since it was your clumsiness that allowed us to meet.

We eventually decided to meet up at the cafe the next day and the night before I found myself excited and unable to sleep, but eventually I did. The next day I arrived to the cafe a little early and waited for you. You walked in and you were beautiful in your simple ponytail, with a black shirt on and some jeans. I couldn't take my eyes off of you. You walked over and ended up tripping and literally falling into your chair. I tried to hold back a chuckle and asked if you were alright to which you responded with a simple nod while your cheeks started to turn a subtle pink. I didn't want you to leave right away so I tried to begin a conversation and asked if you were always this clumsy. To which you replied with a yes. Before we knew it hours went by and I found out you were also a university student and you were trying to be a veterinarian, your favorite color varied depending on the day and you liked the strangest foods. The day wasn't long enough and eventually we parted. I went home thinking that it was a great day but then I remembered that now I didn't have an excuse to talk to you but then you called me laughing while you told me you forgot to give me the money for the dry cleaning. This made me happier than you will ever know. We met once more and I eventually asked you if it was alright to be friends, it took you a moment but you smiled and said yes. Over the next few months we got closer and talked to each other more and December came. We were out walking and talking about our classes when I finally worked up the courage to ask you out. You looked at me like I was kidding, letting the reality sink in, then you smiled and gave me a hug. I always loved your smile, it took my breath away. Over the next few months or so I fell in love with you more and more. The days with you were great and even though we got into fights every once in a while, they were never anything serious. After a year I asked you to move in with me and I felt like I was the luckiest guy in the world. I got to wake up and see your face every morning and again at night before I went to sleep.

Ever since we met and everyday after, my feelings for you have grown. I love everything about you from your clumsiness to the weird things you do. I could not love anyone as much as I love you. I couldn't live without you in my life, if I did then that would not be living. I want to spend the rest of my life with you; everyday, every night and every moment forever and always. Will you marry me?