Onew's Gift

Onew's Gift [One-shot]

Onew was pacing back and forth across the room.Tomorrow is Key's birthday and he still doesn't have a gift for him. He went to the mall yesterday and saw nothing that Key might want. He saw a bag he thought Key might like but remembered Key already has a pile of bags. He also saw a shirt but thought against it.


"It couldn't be clothes or bag since I'm not a very good judge when it comes to fashion." Onew sighed.


Haish, this was harder than I thought, Onew thought. 


He kept pacing back and forth, if he didn't have a gift tomorrow, what would Key think? That he wasn't important to him? When he was the most important person in his life. Key just doesn't know it...yet. 
Then he thought of seeking help, he dialled Minho's number.
"Hello? Hyung?" The person on the other line said.
"Minho! What do you think should I give Key on his birthday tomorrow? What should I buy? A hat? Sunglasses? A shirt? What color? Red? Blue?"
Minho laughed. "Hyung, it's 11pm already. You should be asleep. And why are you so nervous anyway? What do you think Key wants?"
"I don't know." Onew answered.
"Hyung, I think you do. What do you think will make him happy?"
"Bag?"
"No. Think harder. Why do you want to give him a gift he'll like?"
"Because it's his birthday."
"And?"
"And I want him to feel special."
"Why?"
"Because he's special."
"To whom?"
"To us...to me." Onew admitted.
"Then you already know what to give him." Then Minho hung up.
"What?" Onew paced across the room again. He had an idea, he thought it might not be the best gift to give Key but he'll give it a shot.

On Key's birthday, Onew was nowhere to be found.
"Where's Onew hyung?" Key asked everyone but nobody seems to know where he is. He went to Onew's room and found a letter addressed to him. He opened the letter and started to read.

Kibummie,


Happy Birthday! I want to give my gift to you personally, could you meet me at the playground downstairs?

Onew

Key went to the playground. While walking he smiled. This was where he and Onew like to go whenever one of them feels sad or lonely. They spend a lot of time here.

"Happy Birthday Key!" Someone whisphered behind him. Key was startled but started smiling when he realized it was Onew holding a cake.
"Hyung! where have you been?" Onew didn't answer and instead gestured to the lit candles on Key's cake.
"Blow the candles and make a wish." Key looked at Onew and then at the cake, there was something written on top. He looked closely and tears started forming in his eyes.
"Please accept my gift, it was the only thing I could give you." Onew said. Then Key hugged him tight.
"Of course I accept your gift. It's the best gift I ever recieved, thank you!" Key looked again at the cake where "Happy Birthday Kibum, I love you! I could only give you my heart as my gift." was written then he hugged Onew again.

Onew smiled and said "Come on make a wish."
Key shook his head and whisphered, "My wish already came true when you said I was special to you. I knew you'd get what I meant when I said you already knew what to give me."
Onew stiffened, he looked at Key who was smiling mischievously. Key grabbed Onew's hand and led him towards their dorm. "Let's party now! I now have a reason to celebrate!" Key said.
Onew put his phone out and looked at his recent calls, and there, on the top of his last dialled numbers was Key's. Under his name was the time of call, 11pm last night.