Prologue

One Last Wish

PROLOGUE:

March 24th, 1984 - A warm spring day in Seoul, Korea. The cries of pain filled the hospital room as the woman in a blue hospital gown containing small white flowers printed on the cloth screamed. She looked over to her left to recieve support and comfort from her husband. Finding a nearby nurse instead of her husband who've caused her to be in this state was no surprise to her. Once more, she screamed-- Not because her stomach was physically in pain for the last several hours, the reason was because she feel in love with an acholic and drug addict son of a .
 
In the other side of the hospital, another woman was in the exact position. Sweat dripped from her face as her breathing increased. Comforting words were whispered to her ears by her husband who held her hands tightly and made sure to wipe every tear of sweat that ran down her face.
 
After 26 hours in labor, these two stangers gave birth to their first daughter. Mrs. Kwon, Mr. Kwon, and their two year old son welcomed the new addition to their family. Ear to ear, smiles were plastered on their faces. For the first time, Mrs. Kwon held her daughter on her chest, placing kisses on her small face. Mr. Kwon and little Mr. Kwon watched the scene in aw. The family decided that they wouldn't be thinking too hard on what to name their daughter until they've finally met her. A name popped in the mother's head as she had thought of the perfect name. "Bom," Mrs. Kwon spoke. "Kwon Bom Lee."
 
Meanwhile, in the other room, it was the exact opposite. The nurse handed Mrs. Park her newborn daughter and quickly left the room to give the two a quite and alone time for their first meeting.
 
The woman smiled. She held the child wrapped in a pink blanket in her arms. The awaken baby yawned making the woman smile. "Park Yoona," she said. "I'll name you Yoona." The light smile on her face disappear when she noticed that one particular person wasn't present to make this moment more special. She swinged her child back and forth lightly as she whispered these words, "The product of two individuals who doesn't love each other shouldn't recieve love either."
 
 

 

"Appa! Appa!" the two year old son of Mrs. and Mr. Kwon excitedly yelled out. He parted his little hand from his father, skipping the halls of the hospital. He felt like a grown up, being a big brother now. When his father tried to help him use the bathroom, eat his meal, or tie his shoes, the boy refuse to recieve help, knowing that he could do it on his own.

"Wait for me Jiyong! Don't run or you'll trip and fall over!" His father tried to catch up.

Jiyong laughed as he turned back his head to look at his father. Making a hard left turn on the corner of the hall, he felt himself crashing onto a heavy object and fell down on the floor. He opened his eyes finding out that the "object" he bumped into was a older female wearing a pink scrub. The  wristbands that she held in her hand fell to the floor.

When Mr. Kwon finally caught up, he immediately bows and apologizes to the woman who was on her knees picking up the wristbands from the tiled floor. The constant phrase "I'm sorry," escape Mr. Kwon's mouth. He furrow his eyebrows at his 2 year old. "Say you're sorry to her right now, Jiyong." He bent down to pull his son up to his feet.

"I'm sorry, pretty lady." Jiyong laughed. When the older man nudge him along with a glare, he erase the sound of his laughter. "I'm sorry." He apologize with a bow.

The woman smiled. "It's okay. It was my fault also. I was in a rush and wasn't careful."

"Come on daddy! Let's go see Bom!" Jiyong tugged on his father's arm and dragged him farther down the hallway. Hearing the over excited voice of the child, the nurse laughed.

She looked down on her hands. She gasped when she remembered that the wristbands were for the newborn daughters that she was suppose to put on their wrists. Before making her way the the babies, she placed one wristband for one baby and the other wristband for the other so she'll remember which baby girl belonged to the Kwons and which on belonged to the Parks. The wristband on her left hand with be given to the baby on the left side and the exact procedure will be performed on the baby on the right. She struggled to remember which wristband belonged to which hand.

"Pang!" One of her co-worker yelled out. "Hurry! What are you still doing standing there?!"

The woman in the pink scrub nodded her head and quickly ran down the hall to the nursery.

Once she entered the room filled with the newborns borned on March 24th, she made her way to two baby girl who she was in charge of. Looking at both wristbands, one with "Kwon Bom Lee" and the other, "Park Yoona" printed on it, her palms were wet with sweat. "Okay," she breathes hard. "No worries. It's a 50/50 chance. Right?" She talked to herself. Swallowing hard, she took the hands on the baby girl on the right and placed the wristband containing the name "Park Yoona" on the baby's wrist. She turned her attention to the baby on the right and did the same. "She looks like she'll be someone named Bom." She spoke hesitantly and gently placed the remaining wristband on the girl.