I’m Sorry

I'm Sorry

 

I’m Sorry


I walked into the school, only to be greeted by hundreds of girls, screaming my name. I smirked and walked forward towards my locker. When I opened the locker door, sticky notes (or confession notes as I would like to call it) fell out of my locker. 

"More?" Someone asked.

"Yeah." I replied, slamming my locker shut and turned around. "Where's Baekho?" 

"Dunno, probably sleeping in again. As usual." Minhyun sighed. From a far distance we could see girls crowding around Aron, the oldest member of our group, NU'EST. 

"Yo~! JR!" He exclaimed. Struggling, he managed to escape the girls and ran over to where the rest of us were. "Baekho sleeping in again?"


"Yeah, but it doesn't matter, we're going to class late anyways." I grinned. 

The second bell rang, warning students that they should be in classes or they would be late. Only then did Baekho arrive.

"Right on time." I smirked and fist bumped him. 

"Let’s go."
--------------------------

We walked in the class. Late. As usual. The teachers were already used to it. Plus Minhyun's dad owned this school so they couldn't complain or else Minhyun would report it to his dad. 

"Nice of you to join us, Jonghyun, Dongho, Aron and Minhyun." The teacher said with a pissed look. 

"Whatever." Baekho murmured. As soon as Minhyun glared at her, she quickly smiled, continuing the lesson. All of us sat in our seats. I have the worst spot compared to the others. The others were sitting beside fan girls while I sat beside a blonde, girly boy who got all As on his subjects. I think his name is Rin? Rina? Oh!

Ren.

That was his name. Everyone knew him as the school nerd, but only a few knew him as

My ex-boyfriend, Choi Minki. 

Of course the few were NU'EST and him. Not even my parents knew. They just thought that we were best friends. 

Anyways, while the teacher was blabbing away, NU'EST and I secretly played truth or dare. We communicated by texting each other.

Truth or dare hyung?
'Dare.' I typed. I looked up and smirked at Baekho. 

I dare you to dance behind the teacher's back
I gave him an are-you-serious? look and he just grinned back. This pabo. Luckily the teacher was helping someone so it made my job easier. I stood up and quietly walked behind her. I counted down on my fingers. 
'Three. Two. One.' 
I started dancing and the whole room tried to contain their laughs. 
Let’s take this a whole 'nother level I smirked and back hugged her. Everyone knew that she had a little crush for me. She jerked up and turned around. The whole class froze. 
 

"Sunbae, do you mind taking the whole day off?" I sweetly asked. Her face was cherry tomatoe red (yuck, tomatoes) and her eyes were wide open. She slowly nodded and got out of the hug, quickly taking her things and rushing out of the room. 

"That's how you do it." I said, high fiving my group, who were laughing like idiots. 

"Good job hyung! Now let’s go eat!" Baekho exclaimed. I rolled my eyes and exited out of the room to go to the cafeteria before puppy Baekho turned into a Tasmanian Devil.

 

Before we reached the cafeteria, a group of boys were crowding around someone, beating the out of them. 

That someone was Ren.

I stood there, watching and observing how well he could take the hits. That's when my chest started to do something funny. Something that hasn't happened in a while.

It hurt. 

My heart ached as I stared at Ren, getting beaten up by the seniors. He kept his poker face on as the hits kept coming. 

"Hey. Lets go." Aron tapped me on the shoulder and motioned me to come. 

"Yeah, coming." I mumbled and walked away from the scene. As soon as I entered the deserted lunchroom, my heart felt like it shattered into a thousand pieces. 

Do I still like him? I thought.

------------------------------------

Each day kept repeating over and over again. 

Get to class, kick the teacher out, watch Ren get beaten up, let my chest be drowned in pain. 

But today felt different.

Ren wasn't here. Literally. His seat was empty. As I walked down the halls, I saw no one beating up anyone.

Where is he? Did something happen? Is he ok? 
AISHHHHH!
I ruffled my hair in frustration. Why did I care about him? He's a nobody. 

"Hyung." Someone panted.

I don't care about him.

"Hyung"

Do I?

"Hyung!”


"What!" I yelled and glared at Minhyun to speak.

"It's Ren. H-He’s! He’s!." He said.

 

“HE’S GOING TO BE KILLED!” Yelled Aron. He was panting as he entered the hall with Baekho. My eyes widdened. 

"Where is he?" I growled, pinning him to the lockers. 

"He's in G-Gangnam.." I dropped him and ran out of the school. 

 

I still liked him. Even if I used him, I still liked him. 

Pushing past people, I ran through the streets. Cars honked while I bolted across the road, not caring whether the cross walk sign was green or not. 

As soon as I got to Gangnam, I started shouting his name. After a few attempts, I almost gave up.

No. He needs me. I clentched my fists and continued running around, screaming his name.

 

Soon, I found him. 

Bleeding like no tomorrow.

"Ren!" I shouted and ran over to him. I picked him up and cradled him in my arms. 

"H...hyung...?" 

"I'm here Ren. I'm here." 

"I...I knew you would...come." He coughed after a mere 2 second smile. 

"Don't talk. I'll take you to the hospital." I whispered. Tears slowly came running down my face. 

"Ani..." My eyes widened at his response.

"No! I'm taking you right now!" I got up and was about to run until he pulled my sleeve. 

"Please...JR hyung."

 

“Wae?” I asked.

 

“Mianhae…”

 

“W-What do you mean?!” I couldn’t contain myself and started shouting.

 

“I’ll be going now…” his heart beat started to fade.

 

“No! Don’t you dare die on me Choi Minki!”

 

He smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For the last time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ehhhhh, sorry if it was confusing... @~@ I'm not good at writing one shots.... TxT