01: Airplane to... SEOUL?!

Stuck in Seoul [HIATUS]

01: Airplane to... SEOUL?!  

“Is this thing on?” I muttered, pressing random buttons on the voice recorder. I frowned, I’ve had this thing for years now and I still couldn’t figure out some of the buttons out. “Ah!”

Holding the rectangular object near my lips I began to speak. “Well, all academics and assignments aside, I’m going to Philippines now! Wooo!” I said the last word out loud, earning curious stares from awaiting passengers. I chuckled to myself. “Phew, I thought it would never be over... I mean I could have gone back there earlier, but I had to delay for two days, what with end of school and stuff... but I’m-,”

“...Flight 2A, Philippines... Calling passengers Flight 2A, Philippines...” the flight attendant announced through the microphone. I looked up curiously.

“Ooh! That’s my ride, catch ya’ later...” I said excitedly, finally turning off the voice recorder. When people back at home hears this, with all the past recordings and all, they might think I’ve gone crazy.


I stuffed the black recorder into my small shoulder bag, with my camera, money and other small things I could carry and took my passport out.

I dashed through the crowd, passport clutched in my hand. Thank God all my bags were in that... I don’t know what they’re called, but the flight attendants took care of them.

“Sorry... excuse me...” I muttered, pushing through the crowd, until I arrived in front of the blue double doors, where the smiling stewardess was collecting airplane tickets and checking the passports.

“Thank you, have a safe flight,” the stewardess smiled, scribbling something with red ink on my ticket and beckoned for me to follow the line of passengers, heading for the plane.
 

-----

I sighed; finally. It’s been what... 5; 6 years that I haven’t been back home in Philippines? Ah well, I’m going to be back soon.
I smiled at the thought; I’ve been away for too long...

“Please fasten your seatbelts,” the stewardess stood at the front of the plane, a small microphone in her hand and beaming to all the passengers. “We will take off in a few minutes, enjoy the flight,” she smiled again.

A few minutes later, I felt a soft jolt as the plane began to move. Then a quiet static sound and the pilot’s voice floated through the whole plane. “We will now be leaving the UK, please fasten your seatbelts as we ascend,”

I checked that my seatbelt was secure and laid my head back on the head rest, then closed my eyes as I felt the plane leave the ground.

 
-----
 
2 Days Later...

“We will arrive in the Philippines, in approximately 10 hours,” the pilot announced through the microphone.

At his words the plane filled with soft, excited buzz. I replaced the headphones back in my ear and laid back down again.
With the music blasting on my ears, I dozed off again...

“We’ll be waiting for you!” my sister shouted excitedly through the phone.

I smiled. “Come here soon, ‘kay?”

I nodded. Then held to phone closer. “I will, I will...”


BANG!

“Arggghhh!” I suddenly sat up on my seat, yanking the headphones off my ear. There was another jolt, much harder this time and the plane filled with screams and panicked voices.

I looked around, are we going to crash?! I shook my head... no... I shouldn’t be thinking of this kind of thing.
The plane shook again and I held unto the chair for my dear life.

Did I ever tell you I hate planes?

There was a pause, then the plane veered to the left, boxes of juice rolling past my chair from the front of the plane, where the stewardess was clinging to the wall. Oh and the metal trolley gliding past too...

There was another pause, I waited for the shake, but this time only the sound of static could be heard, then the relieved voice of the pilot sounded from the microphone.

“I’m sorry for that; it seems there is an unexpected storm that hit the Pacific Ocean and Indian Ocean...”

There were worried murmurs around the plane.

“As some of you might know, there are two routes that will directly lead us safely to Philippines and both of those routes unfortunately... requires for the plane to pass either the Pacific or the Indian Ocean...”

The murmurs grew louder; I sat still on my seat, still gripping on the soft chair.

“Due to this, CONTROL demanded for us to stop by Korea, Seoul to be precise... This is to ensure every passenger’s safety,”
I blinked. We’re landing in Korea? Seoul?!

Ah well... I always wanted to go to Korea anyway...

But not like this...
 
-----

Airport, Korea

I stared at my phone, contemplating whether I should call or not. Ah... they’ll find out soon anyway.
I sighed and dialled my brother’s phone number.

RING! RING! RIN-

“Heyy~”

“Heyy, erm Kuya? I’m in the airport-”

“Yeah, I’m on my way now...” he chuckled to himself.

“Uh, there’s one problem...” I laughed nervously.

“Erm what?”
“I’m... Erm, I’m in Seoul, Korea haha~”

There was silence, then my brother’s confused voice floated through the phone.

“Erm, okay... how did you end up there?” then he laughed, his voice so loud I had to pull my phone away from my ear. “Did you decide to stalk those DGNA or DBSK or... or whatever band?”

I stared at the phone my mouth hanging open then mentally did a face-palm. Trust my brother to be ‘serious’ in this kind of situation...

-----

Teaser (Chapter 02)

Pressing the text box, I typed:
Stuck in Seoul for a few weeks... Cos’ of that freak storm >.< Ah well ~ always wanted to go to Seoul anyway, haha ~


-----

“You’re familiar with Dae Guk Nam Ah? ‘Stumble, Stumble’?”

-----

A/N: I uploaded early cos' I know those summary/character at the top is very boring... Comments?