Sweet yet toxic

Toxic

You were more than 100% sure that the previous night, you had pulled the curtains so that no light could come in your room. It seemed you didn’t succeed. The playful rays made their way to your face and more precisely your eyes.

“Damn you.” You groaned and pulled the covers over your head.

It was a beautiful, special day for you. Why should you wake up early in the morning? 10:30… Well, it wasn’t quite early but still, it was morning. The house was silent so that meant no one was home. It was the perfect atmosphere that made you fall back to sleep. Only after 2 more hours, you decided to get down from your bed. Even though the warm blankets were calling you back so they could continue embracing you, you resisted these temptations and went to the bathroom, changing in the first set of clothes that came to your hand.

The way you dragged your legs on the stairs showed how much energy you had in you. It was as if you were going to someone’s funerals, not to the kitchen. The lack of energy was at fault. Actually the real culprit was that laptop that was now resting on your desk. It made you spend your night watching k-pop videos instead of sleeping.

As you reached the kitchen, the first thing that caught your eye was the small paper on the table. Picking it up, you read it out loud.

Happy birthday, darling! Have fun today. I know we should have stayed home but something came up at work. We let you some money so go out with your friends and have fun.

“Go out with friends and have fun? Yeah, right. As if they are free today…” you mumbled annoyed. “I guess I am going to have a date with my boring self today as well.”

Taking your coat and the money, you opened the door of the house and got out. You didn’t really know where to go. Loud noises came from your stomach so you decided that having a small breakfast - or rather lunch -  was going to be the first thing to do. There was this one café that made you feel better every single time you went there. It wasn’t the cute, warm atmosphere that made you feel all calm but the waiter who was extremely nice. It would be a lie to say you didn’t have a crush on him. The only problem was that you were not an easy girl. Hell! You were really hard to have! He needed to show a lot of affection towards you in order for you to accept him.

The door of the café was already opened. You just stepped inside. His smile greeted you in the next second. You didn’t pay too much attention to him and sat down at your usual table.

“You’re in a bad mood again?” he lightly chuckled.

You rolled your eyes.

“I guess is because of your parents.” He continued talking.

“How would you know?”

“I saw them leaving early this morning when I was going to work. They left you alone today, didn’t they?”

Yah, Barom. I hate you for living right in front of me! You are so nosy! Can’t you mind your own business? A girl has so many other problems besides being left alone by her parents.” You ranted.

Barom didn’t like your answer. He knew very well he was right. There was no use trying to lie to him, but you still tried.

“What would you like to eat today?  The usual?” he asked, not wanting to annoy you any more.

After he received a nod from you, he went to the kitchen. It was nice that he remembered what you ate every single time you went there. It was nice that he also cared a bit about you but you wanted more. A LOT more.

Your phone rang, making you take it out of your pocket. It was a message from your desk mate. She was wishing you a Happy Birthday. At least she remembered.

“It’s your birthday today?” Barom’s head popped out of nowhere, right above your right shoulder. His sudden question startled you.

“Y-Yah! When did you come back?”

“Just now.” He laughed and placed your food on the table. “So, why didn’t you tell me it was your birthday?”

“Why should I tell you that?” you raised one brow.

“So I could tell you Happy Birthday!” he smiled cutely to you.

That damn smile was killing you inside. He was too charming.

“Whatever.” You mumbled quietly and began to eat.

“I could have taken a free day from work and go out with you to have some fun.” He added, making you choke.

“Why would you do that?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” he chuckled.

You shook your head. “To me, it’s not.”

“You don’t look as if you have anyone else to go out with today.”

“Give me a break. We’re not even friends, boy. Why do you keep getting interested in my problems? If I am alone then it’s my problem. It has nothing to do with you.”

After saying those words to him, you went back to eating. The food didn’t have any taste all of a sudden. What you said wasn’t exactly what you felt. It just came outYou were taking out all of your frustrations on him.

Some minutes passed and you were already finished. You paid for the food and left before Barom could come out of the kitchen.

“What are you planning to do now?”

You stopped in your tracks when you heard Barom’s voice coming from behind you. When you turned around, he was right there, in front of you, in his usual clothes.

“What are you doing?” you asked.

“What does it look like I’m doing?” he smiled a second time since you two meet. “I plan on tagging with you for the rest of the day.”

“What about your job?”

“Someone is helping me out.” He winked at you and took your hand, leading you to somewhere.

“Weirdo.” You whispered loud enough for him to hear. As an answer, he just squeezed your hand and interlaced your fingers. “Where are you taking me?”

“I have no idea.” He sheepishly admitted. “What do you want as present?”

“Present? I don’t want any.”

“Hmm, then I’ll find something on my own.”

You sighed. “Tell me the reason why you’re acting so sweet to me.”

Barom stopped walking and faced you. It looked as if he was thinking.

“That’s just the way I act towards my friends.” He simply answered.

Friends? So you were nothing special to him…

Barom noticed your sad face and pinched your cheeks. You frowned at him. He burst out laughing. He found it funny whenever you were frowning.

Yah! Come here!” you said between your clenched teeth.

He shook his head and ran away. You chased him until you two reached a nice park where loud music was being played. Barom grabbed your hand, pulling you to the rhythm of the music. That was embarrassing. Everyone was looking at you. With a bit of force, you managed to set yourself free. You took a few steps away from Barom but he continued dancing. He came towards you, dancing only around you. Various shades of red covered your cheeks. The only way he couldn’t see how flushed you were, was to hide your face in your hands and that’s exactly what you did, earning some loud chuckles and laughs from him.

Your heartbeat increased dangerously. It was as if you were ready to die any minute now. Luckily, the music stopped and so did Barom.

“You can take your hands down now.” He laughed.

You shook your head violently. He came near you and tried to take your hands off but you wouldn’t move them.

“I wasn’t that bad.”

“It was embarrassing. Everyone was looking at us.” You whined.

“So what if they were? We looked like a cute couple right now.” He continued laughing.

His answer didn’t help at all. Cute couple? Hmmyou looked more like an awkward couple.

 


The rest of the day was filled with more laughs and embarrassing moments. Barom didn’t stop dancing in random places, drawing everyone’s attention on you two. It was, most definitely, a day you could not forget.

But the best part was when you reached home. Barom bought a cake for you and insisted on you blowing the candles in front of him. You listened to his wish and sat on the bench in front of your house. He put the cake on your legs and lit the candles.

“Happy birthday!” he cheerfully said.

He took some cream on his finger and put it on your cheeks.

Yah!” you glared at him and did the same.

He took some more cream and covered almost all your face.

“What did you do this for?” you pouted.

“So I can do this next.”

He leaned towards you and pressed his lips on yours.

“And this.” He added as he the cream on your nose.

“And this.” He proceeded to your forehead.

Embarrassed, you tried to pull back but it only made your situation worse. You ended up sitting on your back, on the bench, with him on top of you, planting kisses all over your face. His kisses were so sweet yet addictive...actually toxic.

 

 


Another way too cute one-shot... =.= What is wrong with me?! I wanted to write something full of violence and blood but I thought it wasn't the right thing for a birthday present so...yeah, I made this fluffy, greasy story >.> I'm never going to write these kind of stuff unless is about Himchan or Woohyun XD