Final

I'm Sorry

 

N, Ken, Hyuk, Ravi, Hongbin and Leo were all resting by a shady tree near the fence on the lower soccer field of Daegu High.

It was a clear, sunny day. Not one cloud blemished the sky and the sun beat down gently on everything. Small, pre-summer breezes cruised by and rustled the green leaves of the tree. The boys all sighed in content and breathed in the clean air.

Leo and Ken had fallen asleep with their arms behind their heads. Ravi and Hyuk were playing games on their phones. Hongbin was beginning to fall asleep as well. N looked around at his friends and frowned.

“You guys are boring.” He huffed and pulled his phone out, rapidly composing a text message.

----------

“Nooo! Stop!” You squealed and ran towards the back of the art class room.

It was lunch time. You and your art friends always spent your time in there unless you were being recruited to liven things up on a certain soccer field.

“Yah, Kim Hana. Get your over here.” Saemi, a girl with short brown hair and cherry lips, playfully threatened. She held a paint brush freshly dipped in blue paint in her right hand. “Get her!”

Your eyes widened as two of your other friends rushed towards you and grabbed your wrists. They held you in place as Saemi skipped towards you.

“Saemi-ah!” You laughed, more than whined.

She blinked her dark brown eyes at you. “Yes?”

You were about to ask her to let you go when something vibrated in your skirt pocket. “Wait! I’m getting a text!” You put a finger up.

“Fine, you get ten seconds.” Saemi pretended to be annoyed.

The girls let you go and you scrambled for your phone. You pulled it out of your pocket and unlocked.

1 New Message!

You opened your inbox and read the message:

The guys are being boring :’( Come save me~ - N

*Aigoo.* You rolled your eyes and put your phone in your pocket. You looked up at your friends and gave them a small smile. “Oh!” You pointed at the wall behind them and darted out of the classroom as fast as you could.

You ran down the hall in the direction of the gym. You stopped at the corner and bent forward to catch your breath. *Good, they didn’t follow me.* You looked back, smiled and then spun on your heel.

When you got nearer to the lower field, you could hear N’s complaining. You shook your head, amused and walked over to them.

“I’M HERE!” You jumped out from behind the tree and threw your hands up in the air.

N shot up, excited, and tackled you into a hug. The two of you screamed and laughed. Leo’s eyes shot open. *Great, she’s here.* He sighed in irritation and sat up against the tree.

“Hi guys.” You waved to everyone. Everyone waved back with smiles except for Leo. He glanced at you and then closed his eyes again, turning the other way. You frowned but let it pass.

“What brings you here, Hana?” Hongbin stood up and curled a strand of your hair behind your ear. He was always flirty like that with you. “Not that there’s a problem with you being here.”

You smiled and looked at everyone. “I’m here to liven things up!”

“Plus I told her you guys were being boring.” N popped up from behind your shoulder and smiled.

Hyuk, Ravi, and Ken walked over with a soccer ball. “The usual?” They smirked.

“You guys are so on.” N exclaimed and ran onto the field with them.

Hongbin looked down at you and smiled his suave smile. “You’ll be on my team, right?”

“I wouldn’t want it any other way.” You jokingly batted your eyelashes.

He slipped his arm around your shoulders and gave you a squeeze. “That’s my girl. Let’s go.” He started to lead you away.

“Wait! Let me ask Leo if he wants to be referee.” You slipped out from under Hongbin’s arm.

“Araso. Don’t make me wait too long~” He winked at you and walked away with his hands in his pockets.

Quietly, you tip-toed over to Leo’s sleeping figure. He looked so peaceful and serene that you didn’t want to disturb him, but you also didn’t want to leave him out. You lowered yourself down to your knees next to him.

“Leo.” You whispered. “Psst. Leo.” He didn’t stir. Your eyebrows furrowed in the center and you scooted closer to him. You were about to poke his cheek when he reached out and grasped your wrist, startling you.

His eyes flew open and he stared up at you. You blinked down at him, scared he would yell at you; even though he wasn’t the type to scream or yell. His eyes were so cold and hard, you thought that he could easily penetrate your soul.

“We’re all playing tackle soccer. I was wondering if you wanted to be referee since you really don’t like sports.” You quietly said.

Leo narrowed his eyes at you. He released your wrist and lay back down. He rolled onto his side, away from you and completely ignored you.

You scowled and stood up. You walked away, angry, and headed towards the field. You glanced back at Leo and grew angrier. *You always ignore me. At least say ‘no thank you.’* You huffed and ran towards the guys.

-------

“What should we do tonight?” N asked the guys.

“We can go to my house and play video games in the basement.” Ken kindly offered.

Ravi, Hyuk and Hongbin chortled. Leo remained silent but he was laughing in his mind. N touched his forehead and sighed. There was no way he was going to spend his Friday night playing video games, again.

“What? I got new gaming chairs.” Ken innocently said.

Ravi clapped him on the shoulder. “We might as well all get together and play with dolls.” He burst out laughing, along with everyone else.

Hongbin snapped his fingers as an idea came to mind. “I got it. Let’s go to the new night club in Hongdae.” He smiled.

Everyone immediately agreed, excited for the night’s events. Leo rolled his eyes and inwardly groaned. *There’s no way I’m going.*

Hongbin turned towards Leo and smirked. Leo raised an eyebrow in question. “How about it Leo? Are you up for it or are you not man enough?”

Leo glared at him. *Not man enough? What is this punk trying to say?* To irritate him, Hongbin just blinked innocently and cocked his head to the side. Leo crossed his arms and looked away. Hongbin smirked, knowing Leo had given in.

You were walking down the steps of the school when you saw the guys. You skipped over to them and smiled. “Hi~”

“Hey Hana!” Everyone, minus Leo, chorused.

Ken elbowed Hongbin. “Why don’t we invite Hana to go with us?”

“Invite me where?” You looked at their handsome faces.

Hyuk beamed, “We’re going to new club in Hongdae tonight!”

You nodded, taking the idea in. Hongbin stepped closer to you and your soft cheek. Leo rolled his eyes at the two of you in annoyance. *Oh god.*

“You should come. I’ll even let you be my date.” He murmured.

Your expression went flat. “Gee, it’d be an honor.” You sarcastically bit.

“Then it’s settled, Hana will be joining us!” N cheered.

Hyuk, Ravi, Ken and Hongbin all smiled and clapped. Leo glanced at all of you and inwardly groaned.

“Meet us at Black Daze at seven-thirty sharp. Araso?” Hongbin made an ‘OK’ sign with his hand and winked.

You nodded and smiled. “Araso! I’ll see you guys later.” You waved again and began walking away.

Ravi cupped his hands around his mouth and hollered, “Wear something y!”

Everyone erupted into laughter. You gave him a look and sauntered away laughing. Leo gazed at you until you disappeared around the corner. *Tonight should be interesting.*

------

That evening, you took a shower and began to get ready.

*What does a person wear to a club?!* You grabbed onto your hair and threw yourself against the wall of your closet. “Think Hana, think!” You thought about all the female kpop girls and what they would wear for their performances. *It should be similar to that, right?*

You stood back up and rummaged through your closet. Half an hour later, you found the perfect outfit. You wore dark leather jeans, a neon pink crop shirt that ended above your bellybutton, and a small, white denim vest. You looked at yourself in the mirror and fixed the chain that hung from the side of your pants. You stepped back and examined yourself once more. *This is good.* You nodded in approval and ran your fingers through your long hair.

You were ready for the night. You checked the time on your small wrist watch and squealed. *I should hurry.*

In less than thirty minutes, you arrived at Black Daze. The club was filled with people and loud music pumped through the speakers. You entered the club with excitement and began searching for the guys.

You walked around for ten minutes but couldn’t find them anywhere. You headed towards the bathrooms when a pair of arms wrapped around your shoulders. “BOO!”

You gasped and turned around. “You scared me!” N smiled down at you. You made a face and slapped his arm. You glanced behind him. “Where are the others?” You had to yell because of the loud music.

N bent down towards your ear. “They’re sitting down at a booth. We were waiting for you. Come on.” He put his hands on your shoulders and led you towards the guys.

The two of you headed towards the far end of the club. “Look who came!” N hollered.

“WOOH!” “HEY HANA!”

“Hey, you followed my advice. You look y!” Ravi exclaimed.

Hongbin slid his thumb over his bottom lip and looked you up and down. “Damn. Ravi’s right, you look FINE.”

Leo looked up and wished he hadn’t. *Woah…* His eyes widened at your exposed abdomen. His eyes traced over the curve of your waist. It looked so soft and squeezable. He couldn’t look away. The way your hair carelessly spilled over your shoulders made you look completely y and beautiful.

You threw your head back with laughter as Ken told everyone a joke. Leo’s eyes didn’t leave you once. You covered your mouth with the back of your hand and fanned your face. You coincidentally met eyes with Leo and your smile faltered. Leo cleared his throat and quickly looked away. You frowned and shifted your attention to Hyuk.

“What are we all doing here sitting down? Let’s go dance!” N shot out of his seat.

Ravi, Ken, Hyuk and Hongbin all stood up. “To the dance floor!” They hollered.

“Come on Hana!” Hyuk stayed behind and waved you over.

You stood up and glanced at Leo. “Leo, are you coming?”

Leo looked up at you and gave you a hard stare. Your eyebrows pinched together. “I was just trying to be nice. Geez.” You walked onto the dance floor with Hyuk.

Leo watched you go. *Did I hurt her feelings?* He felt a bit guilty but just shook it off. “Whatever.” He mumbled to himself and sipped his soda.

Forty-five minutes had passed and you and the guys hadn’t returned to the booth yet.

Leo let out a sigh of boredom and played with his phone. *Why did I agree to come? I hate places like these.* He rested his elbow on the table and placed his chin in his palm.

He looked around the club. People were dancing and having a good time. A particular person in tight black pants caught his eye. He realized it was you. You were dancing with Hyuk. The two of you were facing each other. Hyuk did a funny dance move, making you burst out laughing.

Leo tilted his head to the side. *She has a pretty smile.* He sat up straight with wide eyes. *What am I thinking?* “I need to leave.” He muttered and pinched the bridge on his nose.

When he opened his eyes, he wasn’t happy with the scene in front of him. Your attention was stolen by Hongbin. He grasped your wrist and spun you towards him. *What is he doing?* Leo’s eyebrow twitched. Hongbin started to grind against you. You gave him a look but started to dance with him as well. Hongbin grinned and pressed himself against you.

Leo clenched his hand into a tight fist. *Why isn’t she pushing him away?* He wanted to storm up to you and pull you away from him but his pride got in the way.

Soon, you were sandwiched between Hongbin and Ravi. You laughed and squirmed as Ravi tried to tickle you. You pushed the two of them away and joined Ken in his funky dancing. The two of you were back to back and throwing your hands up in the air.

You grew tired and slipped out of the crowd. You headed back to the booth and sunk down in the red seat. Your shirt was soaked in sweat. “Ahh, I’m so tired.” You pouted.

Leo glanced at you and angrily looked away. *Good. I hope you don’t walk for a couple of days.*

“I’m thirsty. Leo, where can I get a drink?” You looked over at him.

He looked up and stared at you for a couple of seconds. *Why should I help you?* He sourly thought. But the look on your face made him soften, just a little. He rolled his eyes and pointed towards the bar.

“Thanks!” You smiled and darted out of your seat.

The corners of Leo’s mouth curled up into a tiny smile. *That was cute…* He scolded himself and dragged his hands down his face.

You went up to the bar and asked the bartender for a big glass of water with ice. You sat in one of the chairs and sipped your water from a purple straw.

“Mind if I sit next to you?” A voice asked in your ear.

You turned back and smiled at Hongbin. “Go sit somewhere else.” You joked.

Hongbin feigned insult. “Excuse me?” He growled and jabbed your sides.

You shrieked with laughter and pushed his hands away. “Okay! Okay! You can sit next to me.”

He grinned, satisfied and sat down next to you. He called the bartender over and ordered a coke. The two of you chatted about random things and shared funny stories.

Done with your drinks, Hongbin stood up and held his hand out. “Let’s go dance.” You hopped off the stool and slipped your hand into his.

Hongbin spun you around and you accidentally bumped into someone. “Omo! Mianhae.” You bowed.

“Damn it!” A guy in his mid twenties hissed. Your impact had spilled most of his drink onto his expensive clothes.

You stared, wide eyed at the large man. “I am so sorry.” You grabbed a napkin off the table and handed it to him.

“Do you think a little piece of paper is going to do anything?” The guy snatched the napkin from your hand and threw it down. “You better watch where you’re going you dumb .”

N, Hyuk, Ravi, Ken and Leo all came from behind. Hongbin stepped up to your defense. “It was an accident, there’s no need for name calling.”

The man stepped up to him and glared at him. “What?”

Hongbin wiped the spit off his face and took a step back, not the least bit intimidated. “Now, there’s no need to act like a savage.” He calmly said.

Outraged, the man curled his hands into tight fists. “What did you say?! He spat.

*Good lord.* Hongbin rolled his eyes. “Don’t you dare roll your eyes at me!” The guy hollered.

“What are you? My wife?” Hongbin sneered, pissing the guy off to the max.

He glared hard at Hongbin. “We’re settling this right here, right now. Follow me.” The guy hissed and headed outside.

“This’ll be fun.” Hongbin giddily said. He turned to Leo who was standing behind you. “Take her out the back way. We’ll meet up with you guys in a bit.”

Leo nodded. You worriedly casted a glance at the boys who were already following the guy out. You looked back at Hongbin. He put a finger to your lips. “Don’t worry Hana, oppa will solve this.” He smoothed the back of your head and began to lean in.

His lips almost touched your forehead when Leo pulled you away. Hongbin felt nothing and opened his eyes. His eyes landed on you and Leo heading towards the back exit of the club. Hongbin smirked and headed towards the front of the club.

You stepped outside and looked around. You looked up at Leo. “Where do we go now?”

Leo glanced at you and walked around the club. You followed after him. The two of you headed down the street to a safer place. It was silent as the two of you walked for a while. The two of you turned a corner.

You stopped walking when your tummy rumbled loudly. You gasped and pressed your hands against your flat stomach. Embarrassed, you looked up at Leo. “I think I’m hungry.”

Leo wanted to laugh at your cute reaction but held back from doing so. He spotted a dukkbokki cart nearby and headed over. You followed his gaze and shuffled after him. Your mouth watered at the warm, wonderful smell of your favorite street food.

You walked up to the cart and smiled at the elderly lady. “Two plates of dukkbokki, please!” You held up two fingers.

She laughed. “Aigoo. You’re so energetic.” She handed you two steaming plates of dukkbokki.

Before you could get your money out from your pocket, Leo paid the money. You stared up at Leo in surprise. He bowed to the ahjumma and walked away.

“Kahmsahmnida.” You bowed to her as well and followed after Leo. You caught up with him, something that wasn’t easy because of his long legs. You snuck a glance up at him. “Thank you.” You shyly whispered.

Leo nodded and continued walking, his hands in his pockets. The two of you came to a bus stop and sat down at the bench. You held the bowl of dukkbokki out towards Leo. “Want some?”

Leo blinked at the bowl of dukkbokki, met eyes with you and took one. You smiled, happy he didn’t reject and popped another one into your mouth.

The bus arrived shortly and the two of you hopped on. You chose a seat near the back and plopped down onto the seat. Leo sat next to you and crossed his arms over his chest.

The bus ride was comfortably quiet. Your eyes were beginning to droop with drowsiness. You jumped up and tapped your face. *Must stay awake!*

Out of the corner of his eye, Leo saw your head bobbing side to side. He saw that your eyelids kept falling close. *Babo.* He reached out and pushed your head against his strong shoulder.

Your eyelids completely fell close and you snuggled up against him. Leo softened and looked down at you. He looked around and puffed his cheeks out.

He moved his arm and daringly wrapped it around you. You fell against his chest and gripped onto his jacket. A warm smile lit up Leo’s face. 

He absolutely loved the way you were holding onto him. It made him feel all warm and fuzzy inside. He smoothed your hair down and rested his cheek against your head.

-------

“Hana. Wake up. We’re here.”

Your eyes fluttered open at the sound of Leo’s voice. You sat up and groggily looked around. He was standing up in the middle of the bus aisle. You got out of the seat and followed him out of the bus. You yawned and wrapped your arms around yourself.

You and Leo trudged up the street towards your neighborhood.

In less than ten minutes the two of you arrived at your house. Leo wished the night didn’t have to end.

He looked up at your house. All the lights were off and your parents’ car weren’t in the drive way. “You’re parents aren’t home?” He asked.

You shook your head. “No, they’re on a business trip.”

“Will you be okay?” Leo looked back up at your house.

Curiously, you tilted your head to the side. “This is the most you’ve talked to me.” You whispered in awe.

He looked met eyes with you. You were staring up at him with a soft expression. “Really?” His voice wavered a bit.

You nodded. “You always either give me glares, turn away or just flat out ignore me.” You stated.

Leo flinched and rubbed the back of his neck. “I’m sorry.”

“I just want to know why. Do you not like me? D-Do you hate me?” You asked, scared of what his answer would be.

*Oh god, she think you hate her. Way to go Leo, you .* Leo shook his head. “I don’t hate you.”

“Then why do you treat me like that?” You whispered, hurt from the neglect you’ve received from him over the years. Tears started forming in your eyes. You mentally scolded yourself for being a crybaby.

Leo stepped closer to you and wiped your tears away. His heart hurt at the sight of you crying. He bent down to your level and rested his forehead against yours. “I’m so sorry. I’m sorry, Hana. I’m sorry.” He kept whispering numerous apologies.

You blinked your tears away and looked up at him. You were so enthralled with his handsome face. He had such sharp facial features. His eyes were the perfect almond shape. His nose was perfectly pointed. His lips weren’t too big or too small, they were the perfect size and shape.

You wrapped your arms around his slim waist and placed your head against the center of his chest. Leo looked up, shocked. He looked down at you and slipped his arms around you. He gave you an affectionate squeeze and sighed in content.

“I don’t know why you never talk. You have such a soft voice. I love hearing it.” You said.

Leo felt his heart hum in happiness at your comment. He pulled away and met eyes with you. You gave him a small smile. Leo returned the smile and lowered his head. His lips hovered near yours.

“Can I…kiss you?” Leo whispered.

Your gaze never left his pink lips. “If I do, will you talk me from now on?”

Leo smirked. “I’ll think about it.” He joked and fully pressed his lips against yours.