Chapter 12 - The Secret

My Weird Girl (My Amnesia Girl Sequel)
 
 
At Kyu's place...
 
Hayoung was at the living room when she heard Kyu and Yoona's conversations. She stayed at the couch pretending to be busy with her phone.
 
"If I did something wrong, maybe we can talk about this," she heard Yoona say.
"There's nothing more to talk about, Yoona. I'm... sorry." Kyu said.
 
"So, this is it huh? Fine!!"
 
Hayoung heard Yoona's footsteps and a few moments later, she heard the front door closed.
 
She saw her big brother wearing an expression that she never saw from him before. He looked so depressed and Hayoung thought she saw a glitter of tear from his eyes.
 
She looked at her big brother go upstairs without saying any word to her.
 
"Oppa..."
 
 
Every once in a while, she catches a glimpse of her oppa and he looked more terrible than yesterday. Hayoung noticed that he doesn't even finishes his food during meal time. At school, he's always alone in the library and he never talked to Yoona anymore. Hayoung even saw him avoid Yoona's eyes. And everytime when he's home, he's always locked up in his room.
 
 
One night, Hayoung decided to talk to him. When she was about to enter Kyu's room, she heard her oppa shout.
 
 
"I did my part! I didn't talk to her ever since! Now it's your time to do your part!"
 
She noticed that he was on the phone.
 
"Fine. I'm sorry, Ma..."
 
"Ma?!"Hayoung thought.
 
 
When she heard he hung up, she knocked on the door. Her oppa opened the door.
"Oh, Hayoung, what is it?"
"Were you talking to Ma on the phone? Why were you yelling at her?"
 
"It was nothing."
 
"It wasn't nothing!!! You never raised your voice ever!"
"I'm sorry Hayoung,but..."
 
"I noticed you're acting so weird lately. I heard you and Yoong talk. What happened? Tell me, oppa!" Hayoung furiously said.
 
"You wouldn't understand."
 
"Humph! Try me..."
 
Kyu let Hayoung enter her room and they sat together at the bed.
 
"It all started at the day after the ball..."
 
(Start of Kyu's story...)
 
Ring! Ring! Ring!
 
Kyu was busy reading a book. He didn't notice his phone rang.
 
Ring! Ring!
 
"Oppa, aren't you going to answer that?" Hayoung, who was beside him, obviously noticed the phone.
 
Kyu then asnwered the phone.
"Yeoboseyo?" He suddenly stood up upon hearing the person on the other line.
 
"Ma!"
He quickly went to the kitchen.
 
"Is everything okay,honey?" Kyu's mother asked.
"Yeah. Everything's perfect."
"What is this,'girl' I heard of that you're dating?"
"Who told you?"
"I am your mother and you won't even tell me?"
"I was about to tell you but..."
"I researched about this 'girl' and I think Jiyeon is still better for you."
"But Ma, we talked about this already."
"Remember, I am your mother I know what is best for you."
"But..."
"No buts! Unless you wouldn't break up with this girl, I will take away her future."
"What!!"
"I know the head of her scholarship program, and you know what I'm capable of, Kyu."
"Ma! Please..."
"Well, you better stay away from her!"
"But..."
Her mother hung up.
 
Kyu don't know what to do. He knew how important Yoona's scholarship was for her. But he'd decided. He'll follow her mother's orders, even if it will hurt his own feelings.
 
(End of Kyu's story...)
 
"So why won't you tell her the right reasons? I'm sure Yoong will understand," Hayoung said.
Kyu was silent. Right now, he doesn't even know what to do. Yoona's not talking to her. How can he explain everything when she's not even looking at him.
 
"I know you're afraid,oppa. But I have a plan," Hayoung said and gave a hopefull look.
 
 
 
On the otherhand...
At the US...
 
A man was sitting at his office. He was with his wife, who was complaining about their son's attitude.
"I told you, honey. That Yoona girl won't help Kyu's future! What will we say to Jiyeon's parents?" the wife said.
 
"Oh, come on, honey. They are just kids. Let them be. Besides, our company can survive on its own. We talked about this, alright? Jiyeon's parents already agreed to our decisions. No more arranged marriage," the husband said.
 
"I still don't like that Yoona girl," the wife said as she looked at Yoona's picture with Kyu.