I Miss You

I Miss You

 


 

Junmyeon thinks he’s going crazy. He seriously thinks his sanity is no longer intact. There’s a really thin line between sanity and insanity and Junmyeon is pretty sure that he’s about a thousand miles across that line. He is unsure how he is still capable of functioning as an active member of EXO K, not to mention the fact that he’s the leader. No matter what, he is still the leader and an idol. He is expected to keep up an image and though crazy, he plans to keep it up. He keeps a calm and idol-like demeanor when out in public and around s, but the last thing he can ever possibly accomplish is fooling s into actually believing that he’s just fine.

“Why don’t you just go make the call already?!” Jongin cries one evening, unable to stand the look at Junmyeon’s sorry face. “Your face annoys me.”

Kyungsoo moves to grab onto Jongin’s shoulder. “Don’t say that.”

“No, Jongin’s right. Hyung looks like a kicked puppy right now.” Sehun’s expression is as blank as ever. “Go make the call, hyung.”

“I don’t want to bother him.” Is the sorry reply that Junmyeon gives and Kyungsoo has to hold Jongin back from jumping their leader. “What do I do? I miss him!”

Jongin feels his eyes twitch at Junmyeon’s tone.

“I’m sure he won’t mind.” Baekhyun voices, giving the now pouting elder a gentle smile.

Chanyeol speaks next. “Yeah, I’m sure Yixing hyung is waiting for your call.”

Junmyeon perks up at the positive reassurance and is on his feet in the next second, striding quickly to his room. He hears a few of s laugh and one of them groan. He makes a note to apologize to Jongin later.

He tries to locate his phones and finds it in one of his shoes. Why it’s in his shoe is beyond him. He suspects that he’d find the answer if he corners Sehun and threaten to tell Luhan about his pictures of the doe-eyed boy in his phone.

It takes him a total of eight seconds for him to unlock his phone and dial EXO M’s very own Zhang Yixing’s number. Junmyeon grows more and more anxious at each ring and he finds himself releasing a breath that he wasn’t aware he was holding.

“Hello?”

He should probably answer the person on the other line, but instead finds the air hitched in his throat.

“Junmyeon?” the other person calls and Junmyeon thinks that he is going to be sick.

He breathes out a weak, “Hi” and immediately wants to crawl into a hole.

A chuckle reverberates over the line and Junmyeon once again hears the voice that he loves so much. “Hi.”

Initially, the thought of calling Yixing made him excited and possibly a bit giddy, but now that he is actually doing it, he doesn’t really know what to say. It’s not because he doesn’t have anything to say, but more because he has too many things he wants to tell the other boy that he doesn’t where to start.

So like always, Yixing starts the conversations.

“How are you?” Yixing’s tone is soft mixed with a small part of exhaustion.

Junmyeon takes a deep breath to calm his beating heart. “I’m good. Feeling a little sick. You?”

“Are you alright? Is it the flu? Have you taken medicine? Make sure to layer up and dress warmly.”

Junmyeon can’t help but laugh a little bit at Yixing’s reaction, though it does make him feel warm to the core.

“Don’t worry, it’s not the flu. But how’ve you been?”

“Mm.” Yixing pauses to gather his thoughts. “I’ve been the same. A little tired, but that’s nothing new. The others are fine and we just got back to the dorm when you called me. I’m just waiting for Luhan to shower after Wufan and then it’s my turn.” He pauses once again. “Oh. And I miss you.”

Junmyeon blushes and then all of a sudden, he feels even sicker. Strange.

“I miss you too.” He decides that he deserves to be whiny because SM is an evil entertainment that split him up with his Yixing. “I don’t understand why there is even an EXO K and an EXO M. It should just be EXO. We can be a group of twelve!”

Yixing is laughing at the adorableness that is EXO K’s leader. Although, Jongin would be to differ.

“You know that can’t happen.”

“But why I not?” Junmyeon puts emphasis on the last word and Yixing is one step closer to dropping everything and fly back to Korea. Of course, that’s out of the question. But Junmyeon is making it very hard for him.

“Super Junior sunbaes debuted as thirteen! Thirteen, Yixing! We have only twelve! That’s one person less. I don’t see the problem!”

“You’re silly.”

And now Junmyeon really is starting to feel silly.

“But really though. It makes no sense that half of us is here and the other half is all the way over in China. You can go ask Sehun how unfair it is. He feels the same way I do.”

“Yeah, because Luhan is over here.”

”Yeah, and you’re also over there when I want you here.”

“God damn it, Junmyeon. You’re making me hate SM’s setup too.” Yixing’s tone is teasing, however, there is some truth in it.

“That would be much appreciated.”

The two shares a laugh and then the line goes silent. They are both enjoying the silence, imagining that they are both next to each other. There’s still about month left before EXO M finishes up their promotions in China and can come back to Korea.

After a while, Yixing is the first to break the silence. “I miss you so much.”

Junmyeon’s heart clenches and he begins to feel suffocated. The sick feeling in his stomach grows unbearable worse and he thinks he has figured out what he caught.

“I think I know what sickness I have.”

”What is it?” Yixing is back to sounding worried. “Is it serious?’

“It is very serious. I think it might kill me.”

“Shenme?!” Yixing accidentally lets the Chinese slip, but he is too worried for Junmyeon’s well being to fix himself. “What are you talking about? Are you okay? What do you have?”

Junmyeon chuckles a little and decides that he should stop teasing the love of his life before Yixing really does break all the rules and come flying back. Not that he would mind it.

“I’m sick because I’m lacking some Yixing. It’s called the Missing Yixing illness. It’s very deadly.”

There is an awkward moment of silence and then Yixing is, Junmyeon assumes, shouting curses and profanities in Chinese.

“Kim Junmyeon, you’re the biggest ever! I’m never coming back!”

Junmyeon panics. “But I’ll really die!”

“Go, go die! I don’t care about you anymore, you jerk!”

Yixing’s voice cracks a bit and Junmyeon realizes that he has made the other boy cry.

“I was kidding! Yixing-ah, don’t be mad! It’s only because I missed you so much and I really did feel sick! Yixing-ah~ Don’t be mad. Please~ Yixing~~”

Yixing sighs and groans. “I hate you.”

Junmyeon is kind of glad that Yixing isn’t beside him at the moment because he is grinning so hard that he fears his cheeks will tear.

“I love you.”

“Shut up.”

“I want to see you.”

“…”

“I miss you a lot.”

“...I miss you too.”


So please do comment and subscribe! Tell me if you liked and enjoyed reading my SuLay and if I should continue to write more SuLay! :D