One shot

Friends, Lovers or Nothing

A knock startled Tiffany who was busy playing her iPad while waiting for the show to go on air. She stood up to open the door for the mysterious someone when the person outside opened it. 

 
"Hello Tiffmushiecutie!"
 
A big grin from a handsome guy welcomed Tiffany. He pinched her cheeks and as soon she saw his smile the girl can't help but feel excited.
 
"Siwon oppa!" the prim young boy had to put up with Tiffany's weight when he was almost knocked down by her hug. He ruffled the girl's silky hair and they exchanged smiles on their surprise meeting.
 
"How are you little pink princess? You've been busy going back and forth to Japan you didn't even mind to meet your best oppa." Siwon got a good look on Tiffany while holding her in her small shoulders. Tiffany can't erase the fact that she's happy Siwon made a way to drop by her show recording and meet her.
 
"It's tiring oppa, sorry if I can't meet you within these past few days. I'm always sending you messages but you reply late. Might be busy replying to other girls you flirt with." Tiffany teased the older boy as her mood went from bubbly to a bit disappointed one. Siwon scoffed because it was the nth time she was raising this issue of his late replies.
 
"Tiffany, how many times would I tell you I don't flirt with any random hot girl put there. And how many times would I tell that I hate texting, you should have called if you wanted to get in touch with me." Siwon explained and he knows Tiffany won't listen. His stubborn special someone always thinks of him as a playboy, jagger-like and with his handsome stagger no girl can go wrong with bringing a fling relationship.
 
"Fine, fine. What brings you here Siwon Choi?" she grabs her iPad and continues the game he was playing before Siwon came in. Siwon looked at her with all interest, how can she be so moody and unpredictable?
 
"I want to ask you for um, dinner? Later?"  Siwon had high hopes that it will change Tiffany's mood, she liked going out with friends to unwind being the bubbly person she is.
 
"You'll pick me up later right? And you'll drive? Yay! Okay!" Tiffany asked so many things that it didn't even gave time for Siwon to answer. The lad just shook his head from her childish ways and nodded half-willingly. 
 
The PD stepped in the room and called Tiffany to be ready in five minutes. It was just a short talk but Siwon was happy she agreed for dinner tonight. They ended the quick meeting with a warm hug. 
 
***
An hour before eight, Siwon checked his tie once again in front of the mirror and sprayed on his favorite perfume. Tonight, for the nth time, he will be asking Tiffany the same question. Hopefully, by this time, she's already ready. Siwon can't waste time not manning up because if he will, Tiffany might end up with a different person. 
 
Before heading out to the girls' apartment, Siwon passed by the flower shop to pick up the pink roses he just ordered for his special girl. While he was waiting for it, he gave his best friend a call. 
 
"Donghae, I'm asking her tonight. I have high hopes that she's goong to say yes this time." he boasted on the other line.
 
"Hah, hyung, just don't expect to much, you might end up locking yourself watching romcoms again from being hopeless." Donghae teased the older about his ways when the same date happened but he didn't expect Tiffany's safe answers. Just like that, the phone call became an instant flashback of memories.
 
[3 months ago]
 
"Tiffany, you know that I like you right?" Siwon asked the girl who was leaning on his back while they watched a movie on Siwon's apartment.
 
"Mhm." her eyes were focused on the screen and on the movie itself.
 
"What if, we steadily date?" Siwon motioned closer to her and Tiffany's face was twitched in confusion.
 
"Steadily date? Huh?" Tiffany got her popcorn down and faced Siwon.
 
"Like um, girlfriend and uh boyfriend? You see Tiffany, I care for you and you care for me too and I like that. As much as I know, a commitment is all that's missing. You and me. I think it's time that it should be 'us' and let be our mutual feelings." Siwon smoothly confessed. Truth be told, Siwon liked Tiffany the first time and eventually they became the best of friends among their groups but then, Siwon had a special treatment for her and she was never just a friend. He was more than happy when Tiffany started to care for him back. There were times that Tiffany would call him if he got home safe. Her goodnight messages. Her concern for Siwon's cause of sudden anger or sadness. Siwon didn't fail to notice that. He was confident that the girl was feeling the same way as him.
 
There was a long pause before Tiffany answered, "Girlfriend? Boyfriend? Hm, oppa I'm not sure yet, I'm happy being with you and spending time with you, but, can I think it out first?" she asked with her pleading eyes.
 
Siwon's confidence shrunk 200% with her answer but all he can give is a slight nod. Tiffany was not into a commitment, well not ready as she mentioned. He would gladly wait but he hopes it will be not for long.
 
The next month after Siwon asked Tiffany the million dollar question, they were out on a date in Singapore after their concert rehearsals. On top of the hotel building, they decided to see the ending day. 
 
"Tiffany?" 
 
"Hm?"
 
"Have you thought of it yet?" Siwon asked nervously, he wanted to remind Tiffany that he was still waiting for her answer for a question he asked a month ago.
 
"The what? Uh.. Um.. Oh! Yeah, I um, I don't know yet. Siwon, I just don't want to rush things without even thinking of it. I hope you understand Siwon. It's not that I'm rejecting you." Tiffany faced Siwon while saying those words, and again, the boy suitor felt his hopes slowly fading away, but the fact that Tiffany is not drifting apart he has to hold on.
 
[PRESENT]
 
"Yeah, whatever. I'll see you later to tell you what happened, I'm going to nail this Donghae, I'm going to make Tiffany Hwang mine." Siwon showed his pride on the phone while clutching the bouquet of flowers he got. 
 
"Okay man, do your best. Siwon lover boy fighting!" Donghae chuckled while emphasizing on the lover boy fact. Siwon ended the call and started again his car's engine to fetch Tiffany. 
 
***
His car stopped in the basement parking of the apartment complex. Siwon sent a message that he will be waiting in the car since that's how Tiffany likes it, she didn't want to bother him by going to their apartment and getting stuck amidst the girls' chatter and interrogation.
 
He was patiently waiting when she saw a girl in a maxi dress walking towards his car. Siwon immediately got down and welcomed her with a hug. 
 
"You look stunning today." was the only thing Siwon could say. Obviously, he was at a loss for words. Meanwhile Tiffany blushed lightly with Siwon's sweet remark. 
 
The lad opened the door for Tiffany and he rushed to the driver's seat so they can get going. After they have buckled themselves up, Siwon looked at the back seat and gave the flowers to Tiffany. 
 
"They are beautiful. And they're pink!" the fact that it is pink made her happy more. Siwon definitely knows what she wants and how to spoil her.
 
"Oh, and I got you something too. I got it for you while we were on the Japan tour. But open it when you get home." Tiffany gave Siwon a box which the lad curiously looked at. Pretty peculiar be she instructed him to open it at home. His smile was so wide remembering that Tiffany cared for him too.
 
They were having dinner in a lone restaurant, anytime Siwon would be asking her again. He was carefully building the words through his mind and thinking how he would say it to her. While Tiffany was eating her salad, all of a sudden Siwon blurted out,
 
"Tiffany? Can you be my girlfriend?"
 
He was stopped by the question he asked. He doesn't know why but it was different from how she asked Tiffany about their status. Siwon wanted to end the confusion once and for all settle the issue for the both of them to be in assurance of what they think of each other.
 
"Oppa? Waeyo?" Tiffany had a mixture of confusion and surprise. First of all, she was not used to Siwon confessing about love, but now he was so straightforward in asking Tiffany to be his girl. 
 
"Um uh, nothing I just, uh, got carried away. I-I-I'm sorry." hesaid while brushing the back of his neck in embarrassment. Siwon denied it in front of her, he was afraid of confessing to her even though Tiffany promised Siwon she wouldn't reject him. 
 
"Siwon, we talked about this right? Not now, I mean, we're happy like this. Let's not rush. Okay Wonnie?" Tiffany held Siwon's cold hand due to nervousness, and again, just like that, Tiffany denied the truth that she was also falling in love with the boy who said he likes her. 
 
The night was silent and their ride home couldn't get more awkward. After Siwon dropped Tiffany home he was frustrating himself how to make the girl he loves to admit that she loves him too. As promised to Donghae, he would call back whatever happens.
 
"Do I hear wedding bells?" Donghae jokingly teased the other guy as he thought the evening went well.
 
"Shut up Hae, she didn't admit that she likes me back." Siwon said disappointingly. 
 
"What?! Again?! Hey, hey, they have a term there that I saw online, what's that? Friend-zoned? Yah, Choi Siwon just got friend-zoned by Tiffany Hwang!" Donghae retorted that made Siwon more annoyed.
 
"It's not helping Hae. Can you just, think of a way that would make Tiffany admit that she likes me?" Siwon said while he parked his car on the building's basement. 
 
"There's one thing man, and I know that's super effective. Make her jealous." Donghae said confidently.
 
"Make her jealous? How?" Siwon went dumb on the suggestion.
 
"You know, show her you're hanging out with other girls. Texting other girls and flirting with them. Just for a front hyung, and eventually she will take you as hers." Donghae planned it for Siwon. On the other hand, Siwon thought of it as something that could work, tomorrow will be their SPAO shoot and Tiffany will be there with him. Perfect.
 
"Okay, I will." Siwon pressed the floor number to his condo unit while talking to Donghae on how it plans to do it.
 
"Just be careful hyung, girls could kill if they get too much jealous." Donghae warned and Siwon nodded, half tired from the day and half tired from asking Tiffany if could they be more than friends. The phone call ended and Siwon closed his eyes until he remembered Tiffany's gift that he laid beside his bed.
 
He opened the box and saw three sets of pink shirts in different shades. Siwon smiled at the fact Tiffany got him pink shirts as her gift. His lovely pink princess. Without a second wasted, Siwon typed a message to thank Tiffany.
 
"Cute pink shirts, thank you! I'm wearing one tomorrow for the shoot. Good night Tiffmushiecutie!" 
 
Tiffany was about to sleep when her phone beeped, it was a message from Siwon. She smiled reading Siwon's gratitude and affection but she decided not to reply because she was still awkward of their dinner earlier.
***
The next day was a shoot for SPAO, Siwon and Tiffany's groups were both present. The girls arrived first followed by Super Junior. Tiffany's eyes roamed around the set eager to find one guy but he was not around. Donghae saw Tiffany looking around and approached her.
"Siwon will be late, he had to meet someone before heading here." Donghae said to her and left. Tiffany was curious on who was Siwon meeting, usually she was the one notified if ever he comes late. 
 
She was spacing out as she sat on a chair clutching her phone when a familiar voice came inside the set.
 
"Yeah, I will. No, no I don't. So um, see you later tonight? Great, great. Yeah, take care too alright? Don't overwork arasso? Okay bye." Siwon ended a phone call that Tiffany clearly heard, was it a girl? Obviously it was, and her feelings turned into anguish. Secretly.
 
"Oh, uhm, sorry I'm late, I had to meet Jia." Siwon approached the PD and he received the briefing about the shoot. He was wearing one of the pink shirts Tiffany gave him. Tiffany heard about the name, and it maybe the girl he was talking to earlier. 
 
"Hey." a voice brought Tiffany back to reality. When she turned around it was Siwon. 
 
"Hey." Tiffany answered back and fixed herself in front of Siwon as if nothing went wrong.
 
"I kept my promise, see? Does it look good on me?" Siwon proudly showed one of the pink shirts he wore for the day. Tiffany smiled at his cute gesture and nodded at him.
 
"I'm wearing one for my date tonight if this one looks good on me." Siwon bragged about his date just like what he and Donghae planned last night. Just to make Tiffany jealous.
 
 It was not a fail, Tiffany tried to hide the feeling of being jealous but it showed through her half nod, and her quiet aura throughout the shoot.
 
"Hey Jia, we're on break. Yeah, I know. I'm eating my lunch, what makes you think I'm not? I will. Just text me okay? Yup. Bye." another call. Now it's making Tiffany burn her insides due to jealousy. She's tongue tied to admit that she has the same feelings as Siwon. As soon as the boy ended the phone call, Tiffany dragged him outside to his car.
 
"Who do you think you're playing with?!" Tiffany vented out her anger as the two of them sat inside Siwon's car to talk. Siwon had no idea what was happening.
 
"What? Shouldn't I ask you that Tiffany? Who are you playing with? You wouldn't answer me when I ask you what I am to you! You're making me look like a fool stuck in this psuedo-relationship!" Siwon's frustrations turned into words. The next thing he felt was Tiffany's lips crashing on his. It was a long passionate make out and both of them pulled apart for some air.
 
"I love you Siwon, I'm sorry for not admitting earlier. I love you --" before Tiffany could finish her little confession, Siwon pulled her close again for another kiss that he ached to have since they felt something for each other. 
 
"I love you Tiffany, I love you too. Forget what I mentioned earlier, that was just a front, I just wanted you to admit you love me back." Siwon hugged her tight and intertwined his hands to hers.
 
"I told you, everything pink is mine." Siwon forgot about the pink shirt he was wearing when Tiffany pulled the sides of his shirt closer to her and they went for another kiss.