How My Life Works

The Nerd and The Badass

Haneul's POV

My name's Lee Haneul. Seventeen, siblings with L.Joe, has parents who rarely comes home. 

But, they make time for me. Which is good, isn't it? People find me as a total nerd who reads books, which I am.

I am rich, not to show-off but my dad owns a huge house at Seoul, and yes, I'm the rich nerd of Seoul High.

My best friend would be Park Hana. She's a supportive person, couraging and beautiful, but she's the opposite of me.

And how did we become friends, you ask? Well, her parents work for my parents.

So basically, my life is perfect.

But of course, all of this means something in life and it just starts with the first day of school.. 

~ ~

''Yah! Lee Haneul!''

The voice of umma surprised me, and I jumped, officially awaken.

My hair was a mess, my pillows had dry drool all over it and also time was ticking.

''Wake up. You don't want to be late for the first day of school – do you?'' She raised an eyebrow.

She picked up my laundry and scooped it right into the laundry basket. I rubbed my eyes tiredly.

Umma kept on nagging and scolding me, while I quickly ran to the bathroom. 

After a 6 minute bath, I put on my uniform, pirouetting myself in the mirror and grinning proudly.

I rushed downstairs and put on my shoes. After that, I ran into the kitchen and put a toast in my mouth.

''Hey, kiddo.'' The soft voice of my dad made me freeze for a moment. ''Y..es?'' I turned around, my voice edging.

He chuckled. ''Nothing – keep on running.'' He said, reading the daily newspapers.

I nodded and put on my bag. ''Driver Jang!'' I waved my hands in the air, and entered the private car.

Driver Jang smiled at me. ''To school, young ma'am?'' He asked. I nodded and the car started.

The car stopped immediately at the spot it usually stopped at. ''Thank you.'' I said, and got out of the car.

I saw Hana, impatiently waiting for me at the school bench with the expression she always wore.

''Hey, Hana!'' I grinned and she smiled back at me. ''Oh, hey! You seem pretty late, family issues?'' She nudged me.

Tilting my head, I quickly shook my head. ''Of course not.'' I chuckled nervously.

She nodded. ''We better hurry to class before Mr. Yu starts nagging again!'' She rolled her eyes. I giggled.

And, we headed to class.

Class wasn't very far, nor really close anyways. We entered the class, sitting at the edge. 

''I really want to sit next to Peniel – he's a smart kid.'' Hana pouted. ''Then, go! I don't mind.'' I chuckled.

Hana grinned. ''Really?'' I nodded at her question and she plopped down to the seat next to Peniel.

When I got my spot next to Chanhee, another nerd of this class, I pulled out my Chemistry book and started studying.

Chanhee stared at me for a long time, which made me a bit nervous. 

''Do you mind staring at other people?'' My nervous voice peeked out of my throat. 

He blinked. ''O-of course!'' Stuttering, he looked away shyly. I giggled and continued studying.

~ ~

The recess bell rang, and the students' whooped cheerfully, shoving the teacher.

Recess was counted as free time. Where they could do anything at all. 

Me and Hana went down to go to the cafeteria and after that, it'd be real lovely if we went to the library.

''Why do we have to go to the library?'' She whined, looking at me. 

I sighed. ''The library is a fun place. Books, knowledge, everything!'' I smiled, sitting down at a bench.

She sat down next to me and her tupperware of kimchi was opened, revealing the delicious kimchi her mother made.

Meanwhile, I opened my lunchbox to reveal a lovely set of western food.

''Switch!'' Her eyes were directed to my western food and she pulled out her tupperware in return.

I nodded and we switched lunches. ''Your such a pabo.'' I muttered.

Across the cafeteria, we could see the gangsters of this school, Infinite. As usual, ties loosen and baggy pants.

My eyes couldn't stop staring at one of the members. Kim Myungsoo. 

He was cold-looking, ignorant and also the quiet one of Infinite. I raised an eyebrow, finishing the last bite of kimchi.

''Kaja! ~ Let's go to the library.'' Hana sighed, with a rather forced cheerful voice.

I nodded, adding a smile to it and we headed to the library.

_______________________________________________

vanilla- updated!

tumblr_m1zxbxKxym1qdlh1io1_250.gif

yes, vanilla has updated. okay, now, awkward turtle is out
and this chapter . and now see how the adventure begins! ooooh. ~
/creepy sound.