A Bad Day

Cheering You Up

 

Hyukjae sat down on his bed, hugging his knees while hiding his face between them. He bit his lip, willing himslef to not to cry. It wasn’t his fault that he just had a bad hair day plus the extensions to cover his hair made his hair look worse. The man thought it was okay, yet the other members didn’t think so, ending up with him getting teased. He tried hard to ignore the other members’ remarks, but even the fans had pointed out and laughed at him. He was lucky he didn’t break down at the spot and continued to mask his emotions until they got back to their dorms. He was so lost in thoughts, Hyukjae didn’t notice the soft knocks on the door of his room. Only did he noticed when the sound of the door closed followed by light footsteps of a person coming towards his bed, but he didn’t want to know who it was, he just wanted to be alone.

The bed dipped as Hyukjae unfortunately stumbled a little, frowning when he heard the other person’s soft giggles. He faced the opposite side once he knew who it was.The other male’s pout and attempt to shuffle closer to him made him almost smile unintentionally as he pulled out his phone and checked it. He ignored the other male’s eyes boring onto his back. Hyukjae was caught in surprise when he felt a pair of arms circled his waist, pulling him back to his best friend’s lap. He closed his eyes iritatedly, ignoring the male’s hands pinching his cheeks. Just when he thought the disturbance was coming to an end, he felt something touched his lips. He tensed and froze up, opening his eyes widely to see Sungmin looking down upon him, grinning widely. He snatched the fingers that was centimeters above his lips away rather roughly, sitting up quickly. “Hyukjae?”

“Stop bothering me.” Hyukjae growled, standing up to head towards the bathroom. He groaned at the guilty feeling building up his chest. Frowning at the incident earlier, he felt sorry towards the man. He shouldn’t have gotten mad at Sungmin, he was just trying to cheer him up. He sighed, rubbing his tired eyes.

He came out to his room to put on some shorts, yet no sign of his best friend in there. He frowned a little, knocking onto Sungmin’s door, which the bunny boy came out like he hoped for. Sungmin looked a bit surprised to see his best friend half- with a towel hanging on his shoulders outside his door. Hyukjae ignored the male’s reaction, pulling the other’s hand with his own to his own room. The shorter male pursed him lips as he was forced to sit down on the edge of Hyukjae’s bed. He shuffled nervously under the younger’s gaze until Hyukjae hugged him suddenly, making him flinched a little. Sungmin shivered a little, feeling Hyukjae’s breath on his neck while the younger clinged onto him.

Hyukjae pulled  back a little, staring into his hyung’s eyes. “I’m sorry.” Sungmin took a few seconds to register the sentence before gulping, looking back at his dongsaeng’s brown orbs. “W-what?”

“I thought you were trying to tease me too.” Hyukjae looked down onto Sungmin’s legs. It looked like Sungmin’s trying to get comfy with his new fashion icons: over-sized tees that passes down his hips and  mini-shorts that only covers half of his thighs. Sungmin tugged Hyukjae’s hand, gaining his attention back.

“What for?” Sungmin asked softly. “My hair.” Hyukjae muttered dejectedly. Sungmin smiled, “You seem to like it, though.”

Hyukjae shrugged, “I guess.. but others say that it looks like crap.” Sungmin carressed Hyukjae’s hair softly.  “I would never make fun of you, Hyukkie.” Hyukjae’s puzzled face caught the older’s attention. “Remember my pink hair? You never laughed at it.” Sungmin grinned brightly, reminiscing. “But that’s because you liked it so much..” Hyukjae tried to reason. “And that’s why this hairstyle fits you, Hyukkie.” Sungmin put his hands on the younger’s shoulders. Hyukjae stayed quiet as Sungmin hugged him. He abruptly stood up, hoisting Sungmin to lift him further up the bed. Sungmin squealed, wrapping his legsaround the brunette’s waist in order to maintain his balance. Sungmin’s face had a lovely pink shade coloring his cheeks when the younger dropped him on the  bed. With Hyukjae half-, kneeling down peering at him, it looked so intimate and embarassing, plus the position they were in when Hyukjae was carrying him to bed.

Hyukjae lied beside Sungmin, hugging the older man to his chest. “Aren’t you going to put on a shirt?” Sungmin’s shy voice muffled into Hyukjae’s chest. “Like you’re wearing enough clothes.” Sungmin felt his ears hot. “I like what I’m wearing.” He shot back. “So do I.” Sungmin giggled at the younger’s answer. A moment of peaceful silence passed by before Hyukjae spoke again. “Say, why don’t you wear your nightdresses anymore?” Sungmin blushed and reeled back to look at the younger’s face.

“People laugh at me.”

“Ignore them. I like it. You can wear them anytime, alright?” Hyukjae saw Sungmin nodded before he went back to hugging him. Hyukjae chuckled, ruffling the older man’s hair as he hug him. He kissed his best friend’s temple, arms circling around his neck. The younger travelled his hands to Sungmin’s sides, settling comfortably on his hips, making Sungmin almost whimper at the sudden touch. ALMOST.

Sungmin turned around, facing the brunette as he looked at Hyukjae’s confused face. He closed his eyes as he kissed Hyukjae’s forehead softly. Sungmin stared at Hyukjae’s stunned face. Hyukjae touched his forehead, unconsciously smiling himself, “What was that for?”

“Goodnight kiss.” The older replied shyly. Hyukjae chuckled, “Why do you always act like a girl around me? It’s very cute, though.” Sungmin grumbled cutely at the remark, slapping the brunette’s chest. Hyukjae sighed contentedly, shuffling closer to Sungmin’s face. “Hyukjae?” The younger didn’t answer, only connecting their foreheads together. Sungmin blushed a millions of red, it has been a long time since Hyukjae did that. It was a thing only the both of them did when they were younger. It made the both of them calm and contented from any kind of worries, they had believed. He timidly rubbed their noses together, also closing his eyes. Hyukjae hummed approvingly before draping an arm around Sungmin’s waist to pull him closer.

They hugged each other until they eventually fell asleep.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was a story I made when I saw a concert where Hyukjae's hair was freakingly bad. A (very) late gift for Valentine's Day, hope you like it! Don't worry, I will post one for Black Day, since I am single... #sob LONG LIVE THE SINGLES.

Thank you for reading...please put down comments/critics for this story^^ I want to know what I am lacking in writing^^