Devil's Duet

My Little Princess

 

Tar-worn combat boots felt for the ground. They found a sturdy, dirt-packed spot, and lean, snakeskin covered legs followed confidently. A studded denim shirt, ed over a surprisingly simple gray tank, all over the lanky torso that squirmed out the BMW's door. Lavender fedora, leopard Ray-Bans. Wine-stained lips, ivory-glow cheeks. Silky umber strands, messily stuffed into the hat, peeked out all over the figure's head. 

"Ahhh..." The glasses came off, revealing a pair of soulful, ebony-lined blinkers.  She jumped around a bit, shaking fatigue out of her limbs. 

A well-toned guy stepped out of the car, smiling amusedly at her actions. Looking to the sky, he whistled a familiar tune.

Jugeodo mot bonae naega eotteohke bonae...Garyeo godeun tteonaryeo godeun nae gaseum gochyeo nae...

The soothing harmony of a guitar silently swirled around his body, as if gently caressing his cheeks. His lips upturned. 

"Always the background barista, aren't you, mademoiselle?"

He could practically hear her exasperated expression as she replied.

"Insensitive warts like you should not question a lady's decisions. And don't mademoiselle me. That's for Haeri." She frowned slightly as she plucked an E and made a barely noticeable twist. Her hand automatically started strumming again.

Fire away, fire away. Shoot me down but I won't fall. I am Titanium...

The impromptu duet set a rare expression of peaceful content on the plucker's face. She mused upon it, remembering the story she'd read of an Amish girl, whose religion believed that pop sogs were the music of Satan. 

"Devil's duet, huh..." the girl murmured. 

He smirked. "I know, I know, my good looks are sins to Shisus. And you, m'lady, are the little rag marionette."

Pop! Gum crackled, and he suddenly flinched. Pop! Pop! The guy slinked back to the car, eyes squeezed shut and ears plugged.

"You were saying? Trust me, Jung Daehyun, if anything, you're the puppet here."

 

 

 

 

"Haeri-ssi?"

The woman jerked up suddenly. Pushing up her glasses, she blinked a familiar boy into focus. "Yeah? Dongwook-ssi?"

He stared at her for a bit before saying, "I told you to call me Dongwook already. Or would you prefer ahjussi?"

Haeri gazed at him in surprise, then laughed a tinkle. "Alright, Dongwook. Then you must call me Haeri. Or ahjumma. I'm getting near that age soon..."

The guy sweetly smiled and replied, "Don't worry, you still look 18 or 19."

She flushed a slight pink and amusedly thought of another pair of monkeys who were so different from Dongwook but just as lovely. 

"Ah, do you know where the brat couple went?"

"I was just about to ask that... Probably out to their hideout again. Aiya, they're so cute~"

Dongwook winced. Women could be so knife-edged. But then again, Haeri was so oblivious to love that she didn't even notice his obvious flirting with the girl. 

Damn you Daehyun, he thought. Such a lucky man to have the most breathtaking goddess in all dimensions: Jo Hwayoung.