Happy Coincidences

Broken

Luhan screamed as he woke up, muffling it at the end so he would not be heard. Recently, he had been having reoccurring dreams that he was ripped in two, and then sown back together again by a white glove with no arm. Nasty, to say the least. He looked with teary eyes at his alarm clock, which read precisely 4:55am, signalling he had another hour before he had to get up and start cleaning.

And to make it all worse, today was a Saturday.

He sighed, wondering whether he should actually do his homework this time, or go back to sleep. He shuddered at the dream, and decided homework wasn’t that boring after all. It was better that imagining your own death.

An hour later, he went about to his cleaning. Years ago, Luhan had been orphaned. He was only two when it happened, so he did not remember anything about his parents, but the orphanage care workers said that they were the nicest people in the area, and even did some helping at the orphanage before they died. Tragic, they said, but at least they died together, in a car crash. Luhan sighed, most of the people at the orphanage did not have such cliché parent deaths (though he felt a bit guilty of thinking as his parent’s death as cliché). Sadly, most of the orphanage children had been left there by their parents, and at least it was good for Luhan to know that someone had cared for him. Emphasis on the past tense.

‘SLAVE!’ GD called from the top of the stairs. Luhan sighed again. Generally, it was GD that asked more, as TOP was more of a ‘secretly devil’ kind of person, but they both called him slave. Not that he let it get to him (in his mind he called them Mistresses, and giggled evilly at his secret dissing). He looked at his cheap, plastic watch… 6:20, GD was almost never up this early.

He ran upstairs, to find GD wobbling, clearly drunk, hanging onto the banister of the top step.

‘I wanna go to bed.’ GD whispered, ‘carry me.’ Luhan got out a little wheelbarrow (yes, that is how much GD and TOP got back home drunk, though TOP was a less childish one, more… mysterious).

GD screamed ‘WHEEE!’ as Luhan pushed him, and when he put GD in bed, but he wasn’t going to sleep, Luhan quickly gave him a pill to swallow.

Luhan thought

And then just as he was drifting to sleep, GD lurched up and threw up all over Luhan’s new, baby blue cleaning apron.

Luhan looked up to God as if asking ‘Why?’

Half an hour later, after purging himself from GD’s insides and putting his clothes in the laundry, Luhan went to wake up TOP, at the time TOP asked (that’s right, not demanded, asked, TOP was only evil in his random moments) at 7:00.

If he didn’t have to make the house sparkle for GD, and cook a seven course meal for TOP, Luhan would not be able to understand why he would wake up at 7:00 VOLUNTARILY.

As he went into TOP’s bedroom, he messaged Chanyeol to let him know that he could come round at 1pm, especially if GD was out (as in not conscious) for the day.

TOP stormed past Luhan just as he entered, saying quickly ‘I’m going for 2 days, cover for me.’

Luhan did a ‘yes!’ elbow movement down, and a little dance as he watched TOP going down the stairs.

TOP and GD both had stinking rich parents who went on month long business trips together to foreign countries, maybe that’s why they had grown up so weirdly. Or maybe they were just weird people.

A few hours later the doorbell rang.

‘Get your stuff’ Chanyeol looked down at Luhan with a twinkle in his eye ‘We’re going partying.’

 

AN : short, but I just wanted to get the story started... and there was a convenient chapter break... ^^