Prologue

Bolero

flashback

“Umm, g-good… morning… M-mmy name…. is P-park Y-yoochun…” Park Yoochun stammered, his lips haking, his legs trembling. The other students all laughed at him because he can’t say the letter r appropriately.

“What the heck is an Asian doing here”

“He can’t seem to open his eyes!”

 “Park Yoo-freak”

end of flashback

 

Yoochun fastens his pace and ended up running to the bathroom again, locking himself in one of the toilets, trying hard not to shed any tear.

“, this ,” he said between his chokes.

Yoochun hated it. Moving to ia, having to speak English fluently, the discrimination of being the only Asian in his school, his parents constantly fighting…. Everything. All the painful memories seems to playback itself in his mind. Every night, he would drink liters of coffee and smoke tons of cigarettes, asking his creator why he is given such trouble and pain while weeping in a corner of his room.

 

A deep, deep wound in the chest

Being alone has no end

Pain, pain… The sound of pain that is killing him.

 

That is, until, he found his love for the piano. He taught himself how to play the piano alone and eventually became good at it. The piano is his only company. When playing the piano, he’ll refuse to sleep until he gets to a point where he’s comfortable stopping. He often falls asleep on his piano as a result.

So when he heard of an orchestra opening up an audition to search for a pianist, he signed up, regardless of all the insult he knew he would get.