Final

Late Bloomer
Junhong chuckled along to the laughter on the tv. He squeezed a tiny bit of the honey into the milk, stirring it before putting the mug in the microwave. He kept peeking at the door, knowing that the pair of red sneakers weren't going to be there anytime soon. He didn't even know what he expected. Did he expect Yongguk to be home early like the old days? Well, those days were long gone. Junhong knew they were.

He pulled the warm mug out of the microwave, placing it on the island with a purple post it that he knew was going to be in the trash the next morning. Junhong ignored the lump in his throat, switching the tv off and dragging his heavy feet to the bedroom to end another day alone. Junhong knew he was going to miss Yongguk walking through the door, downing the milk. He was going to miss the male walking in the room to get showered and changed before he left to sleep on the couch. Junhong was going to miss Yongguk leaving the home before he woke up, stealing some of Junhong's food while he did so. Junhong was going to miss him.

Junhong tucked himself underneath the black ironed sheets, noting that they were freezing cold. He remembered the times when Yongguk used to wrap him up in blankets and hug him tight because he got cold easily. He remembered how he'd wake up with his face buried in Yongguk's chest while the latter just continued sleeping. Junhong turned to look at the door once more. He still had hope. He still had hope that Yongguk would go back to his old self. That he'd stop messing around with other people.

Junhong knew that Yongguk was falling out of love with him. Yongguk was no doubt bored of him. Yongguk didn't think they had the same spark they did when they first dated. Junhong checked his phone. Junhong bit on his lip when he noticed that there weren't any calls or messages. He felt his heart drop. He was missing Yongguk more than ever.

Junhong tossed and turned, his mind racing. He knew he wasn't going to get any sleep. He played with a loose string on the sheets, watching as the minute hand on the clock crawled. Junhong dropped his head onto his pillow, pulling Yongguk's pillow towards his face. He could still see the tear stains from that afternoon when he felt like he finally hit rock bottom. He felt like crying again but he felt drained at the same time. He had an odd feeling in his gut. He felt like something was changing. Just that he didn't know what.

Junhong perked up when he heard the front door slam close, someone dropping their sneakers onto the wooden flooring. The corner of his mouth curled up when he heard Yongguk groan when he stubbed his toe against the shoe cupboard. He could hear Yongguk reading his note aloud, grinning when he realised that Yongguk at least read them. He waited for Yongguk to finish drinking his milk, hoping that he'd come into the room to get a change of clothes. Junhong took note of the time. Yongguk had come home three hours earlier than usual. Something was changing.

Junhong's smile deflated when he heard Yongguk lying down on the couch instead of coming in. He needed to see Yongguk, even if Yongguk didn't want to see him. Junhong tiptoed his way out of the room, peeking round the wall to see Yongguk shivering under throw, pulling at the ends of his sleeves to cover as much skin as possible. Junhong didn't know what came over him when he rushed back into the room and grabbed the winter blanket, stumbling towards the couch with it dragging behind him.

He pouted when he noticed the frown etched into Yongguk's face, his eyebrows furrowed. Junhong laid down next to him without hesitation, pulling the blanket over the both of them. Junhong blushed when he wrapped his arms around Yongguk's waist, inhaling the coffee scent that radiated off the older male. Yongguk's hair tickled his nose and he brushed the hair out of his face to look at Yongguk.

"I miss you. I'm missing you more than ever now. I feel like we're not attached anymore. What happened to the red string of fate? I thought we were tied together. I don't recognise you anymore. You're so different. You don't smile anymore. You look so angry all the time. Am I the reason? Am I the one making you angry? You look so tired nowadays. Is it because of me? Do you want me to leave?"

Junhong felt a tear trickle down his cheek, staining Yongguk's crumpled shirt. He checked to see whether the male was awake.

"It's going to hurt me to leave but if you want me to, then fine. But I just want you to know that I still love you. Even if you hate me I still love you. So give me this one night to savour just one more time." Junhong whimpered, pulling Yongguk closer to him.

He relaxed at the sound of Yongguk breathing deeply but the tears fell endlessly. He didn't want to leave, not yet. It would crush him to leave but he wanted Yongguk to be happy again. He jumped when he felt Yongguk moving, readying himself to dash back to the room. He stayed silent when Yongguk turned around, his chest bumping into Junhong's face.

Yongguk wrapped his arms around Junhong's waist, burying his face into the crook of Junhong's neck. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry if I made you feel like crap. I'm sorry if I made you hurt. I'm sorry for mistreating you. I don't deserve you yet I want you all to myself."

Junhong felt his heart stop. Yongguk was crying too. His tears were falling onto Junhong's skin, burning each spot they fell on.

"I love you, I still love you. Please don't leave but that's your choice. Our relationship is doomed thanks to me." Yongguk mumbled.

Junhong kept silent, still shocked from Yongguk's words. Doomed. They weren't doomed. Junhong saw this as just another bump in the road. It was something they could get over together, making it out in one piece.

A flower that doesn't bloom in season is just a flower that's stumbling along. Eventually, the flower is the most beautiful of all.