Dream Boy

Dream Girl

 

SHINee has just had their Korean comeback, Dream Girl. The general concept told by the name. All the members schedules were pretty full but right now two of them were free. Those two being Jonghyun and Key. At this moment they were both in the kitchen where 'umma' Key was making sandwiches full with a variety of possible, and of course tasty, fillings. Jonghyun meanwhile was sitting playing games on his phone while waiting for the food to be prepared.
 
"Jjong?" Key said quietly, but loud enough that the other heard.
 
"Yes Kibum?" Jonghyun replied as he as he paused  his game, stood up and rested his chin on Key's shoulder.
 
Key shrugged him off and turned round to face him.
 
"In the making of Dream Girl...who...who did you have in mind?" Key asked cautiously while looking down to hide the blush on his pale cheeks.
 
"Ah...don't you remember from the interview thing? I had in mind someone who doesn't actually exist." 
 
Key's blush faded and sadness in his eyes replaced it but he kept his head low so that his hyung wouldn't notice. That wasn't the answer he had hoped for. Yes, Jonghyun did say that answer before but Key assumed it was a lie, in fact he still did. However, the fact Jonghyun lied about it right to his face when nobody else was even around upsetted the younger. 
 
"Yeah? So what does she look like?" Key asked, trying to sound casual and hide the sadness, anger and jealousy in his words.
 
"Oh! She had long hair and big brown eyes..." Jonghyun started to describe a girl from the top oh his head, basing it off a typical cute female kpop star look but Key didn't stay to listen. The blond took off the small pink apron he was wearing, flinging it to the side and walked out of the kitchen to the living room, abandoning Jonghyun and the almost finished plate of sandwiches. 
 
Confused, Jonghyun ran to follow Key and hug him from behind but he was pushed away.
 
"What is it all of a sudden Kibummie?" Jonghyun said using a cute sounding nickname for Key. 
 
Key stopped walking ahead and turned around to meet his eyes with Jonghyun's.
 
"You act like we're together, you act as if you like me, SO obviously that everyone who meets us just knows it. But whenever it comes to admitting it when it's just you and me you always avoid it, and I'm sick of it! You can tell everyone else you love me but you can only tell me in a stupid fanservice joke!" Key exploded in a fury of emotions. "I'm so sick of it. I'm sick and tired of it because I love you Jjong!" Key screamed at the other before stamping his foot down, turning on his heel and stomping forward out the room. The door was shut with a slam.
____________________________________________________
 
Jonghyun lay face up on his bed, hopelessly staring up at the ceiling. 
 
"Dream Girl. Yeah right. Not for me. Mine's a Dream Boy. And he just told me he loves me but shouted at me like he hates me. What am I supposed to do now?!" 
 
Interrupting his thoughts was a background weeping noise from the neighboring room. Key.
 
Heaving himself off the bed and making his way to his Dream Boy's room he sighed. Jonghyun entered the room to find Key curled up, a pillow to his face and tears streaming out his eyes.
 
"Get off me." Key said between sobs but with no power in his voice. Jonghyun ignored this instruction and instead held the other closer, caressing his dyed and styled hair.
 
"I'm sorry." He whispered to his crying love.
 
"Then say it. Say you love me, truly to me now." Key requested as he brought his face away from the pillow he held and wiped his still trickling tears.
 
Hearing this, Jonghyun held Key's shoulders and made him look directly at him.
 
"Key. Kibum. There could never be a Dream Girl for me because your the only one who holds the key to my heart." Jonghyun said and Key couldn't help but smile at the deliberate cheesiness of the comment. 
 
"Kibum, I love you." Jonghyun then finished, ending with exactly what Key wanted to hear and spoken truthfully with love.
 
"Jjong...I...I love you too.I have for so long now." Key whispered, his voice cracked but full of love.
 
The two of them embraced each other without saying another word, happy at the others mere presence and the words already spoken.