Riding on A Win

Lucifer's Butterfly

“How’d you get into S.M. entertainment when I couldn’t!”

‘Oh great. A failed auditioner.’ Taemin rolled his eyes. “Maybe it’s because you have an irritating voice. It sounds as smooth as rocks,” he deadpanned. The stranger yelled like a barbarian as he charged at Taemin but his body splattered into dozens of pieces as a truck hit him. Well, more like a giant grizzly bear. Taemin wasn’t fazed at all as the beast roared and shook its fur, sending more tiny specks of mud scattering.

“Yah! Taemin-ah! What did you do to the garden?! Everything’s a mess!” Kibum said as he walked into the room.

“Wait! Don’t step in the mud!” Taemin yelled.

“Don’t worry man. I came prepared.” He held up spray bottle.

Taemin held up his hand as he caught a strong whiff of the chemicals. “Hey wait! That’ll kill the grass in here!” Even as he said that, Kibum started spraying at random pieces of mud like he was spraying weeds. The mud bubbled and twisted before shooting towards a central point as the guy tried to reassemble himself. He screamed and rolled on the ground, feeling the corrosive chemicals in his body. Some parts of his body kept on solidifying and then melting to mud again as it couldn’t hold itself together. Kibum walked up to the pained boy. “Idiot. Who do you think you are?” He unscrewed the spray cap of the bottle and stuck the bottle down the boy’s throat, forcing him to swallow the toxic contents.

“Taemin-ah, be a dear and grab me a mirror.” Taemin obeyed his hyung and retrieved one that sat in the middle of the indoor pond as a decorative piece. Kim Kibum then started shoveling the liquefied dirt pile into the mirror.

“Where you sending the mud?” Taemin asked in wonder.

“I’m pretty sure he’s dead, but just in case, I’m just going to seal this poor, stupid boy in this mirror."

Taemin’s eyes widened. “You can do that?”

“Well, it’s not my specialty but I can. It’s actually something new I just discovered I can do.” Kibum replied, trying not to boast at his amazingness. “Now,” he stood up and tossed the mirror into the pond, scattering the fish as it sunk down to nestle amongst the rocks, “One down.”

---------

He gritted his teeth in annoyance and formed icicles in both his hands. Hitting them together so that some ice fell to the ground and the icicles were molded into blades sharper than most artisan knives and swords. He charged at her at top speed and cut her many times even as she weaved around out of instinct even though she knew his blades would not cause her injury. As they danced around the room, more grains of sand fell to the ground cut after cut. She rolled off the bed as his weapon swiped down to slash his sheets. Not giving her time to recover from her position on the floor from having rolled off the bed, his knife came straight down on her midsection. She rolled away and the knife stayed in position, dug into the carpet, as it sliced through the side of her abdomen. Instead of pulling the knife out of the floor, he abandoned it and the twin of that knife lengthened to become a katana.

She stumbled back to avoid the katana splitting her body in half from head to groin. Minho went to ram the sword into her but ended up waving his arms to balance himself as something grabbed onto him. The thing at fault? Looking downwards, he saw a solidified arm gripping his ankle. The young demon girl took the pause as an opportunity to catch her breath. Minho hissed out a curse, and in one motion, he threw the katana towards her and created another one to sever the annoying hand at the wrist. The appendage once again turned to sand and he charged at the girl who was currently pulling her body out from the sword that meant to stick her to the wall behind her. His punch went through her shoulder and his other hand stopped at the surface of her face. She flinched, ready for the hit but blinked when he ceased before it even broke the surface of her skin. Before she could blink again, she squeezed her eyes shut and recoiled as cold air bombarded her face. It was bitingly cold and painful, and she stumbled back in surprise. “What the hell!” She swung her hand at him, clearly not going to reach him but grains of sand slipped from her fingers. Minho could not see all the tiny particles and flinched and squeezed his eyes shut, rubbing at them as they teared up from the dirt.

“Yo! Minho-ah! Can I borrow your PSP?” Jonghyun knocked on the door and invited himself in. “What’s up with your floor? It’s all dirty.” The new arrival brushed grit off the bottom of his bare feet. He paused as he took in the scene. “Okay, what’s going on here?”

Minri gritted her teeth together. “Che.” She kicked Minho in the groin while he couldn’t see, sending him to his knees. As she took a few moments to breathe in deeply, the scattered sand around the whole room gathered towards her and her cuts and lack of an arm mended themselves. The blond boy’s jaw dropped in shock and he almost didn’t dodge the new girl’s kick to his own groin. ‘Oh no she didn’t! I want to have kids!’ He lit up his hands and grabbed her shoulders. Minri’s body gave in a little under the pressure but she had to tear herself away from the heat.

“She’s an intruder. Kill her!” Minho shouted with red, moistened eyes as he tried to push himself up.

“You don’t have to tell me that!” Jonghyun shouted back. “I’ll take care of this since you already got beaten down by a little girl.”

The intruder ran towards a potted plant that sat on the dresser. When her fingers touched the clay, it disintegrated and reformed into a dagger. She held it out in front of her defensively, but Jonghyun threw a fireball at her. It burned a hole through her side and she yelled as sand fell to the ground from the burn hole. It tried to mend itself but couldn’t completely heal as some sand changed its chemical composition due to the heat and did not come back to her body. The skin of the poorly mended hole sparkled slightly as if particles of glass stuck to her body. She winced as she could feel the irritating bits inside her. ‘Crap.’ She jumped out of the way of the next fireball and made a run towards the door. Minho grabbed her ankle and she came crashing to the ground. In a panic, she turned her whole body to sand, and the grains slipped from Minho’s grasp. The pile of Minri moved to disappear under the door but Jonghyun stepped on her and grinned like a cheshire cat. “Bye bye!”

THEA's Corner <3

I'm opening up a poster contest for "Lucifer's Butterfly". I don't know...it's been over a year since I've started this story and I feel like it's time for a little change. I don't know how many times I've reread the posted chapters so far and maybe a little change will give it a fresh new feeling as I reread each chapter for the 56th time. Thank you Aika for the first and current poster. It has served me well. My only request is that if you're going to put a girl in the poster, I don't want her to have any distinguishable features. Like a silhouette is fine, but I'd prefer if we didn't see a face of anyone. Goes with the whole "SHINee and YOU" thing I'm trying for.

Other stuff to talk about. I've had so many fic ideas recently. Darn my overactive imagination! I'll be posting up a poll on my blog, in a new chapter, and on my profile soon about fics.

Current song I like: Song Ji Eun's "Going Crazy". I like her vocals.

Posted: 07 March 2011
Word count: 1175