Prologue

Never To Be Forgotten

 

A/N: Some parts of the story will be in "same person"'s POV (You guys should figure it out by yourself haha). There might be some grammar fails since English isn't my first language. Comments will be appreciated. And, enjoy reading!

 


"Let's make thousand memories like today is the last day we live"  (Anonymous)

 

For me, being seventeen was pretty damn hard. Because, in that age, people tend to see me in two different sides.

In one side, people would see me as this little kid who knew nothing about the drama offered by the world. Otherwise, I thought that world already drove me crazy enough to make me learn that lesson. I had been living in the world for freaking seventeen years and I thought I already taste the bittersweet of life. I had enough drama, starting from the most simple one like how Mom didn't want to buy me ice cream until to the most ridiculous one like how I rolled on the floor begging for my parents to buy me a ticket for my favorite idol’s concert.

Yeah, people may think that those dramas are trashy and nothing compared to theirs. But, hey, those are ones of few examples how I learn about living my lives. I might fell out, and fell back in yet I learned how to stand up and moved on. As simple as that (well, not really).

In the other side, people would think I was mature enough to pull the decision for myself, but in fact, I was still this little kid who needed someone to depend on. I was still this little kid who needed someone to hold my hands whenever I jumped too high but fell too fast. And, I was still this little kid who needed someone’s shoulder to lean on when the world played its unexpected drama.

Oh, the irony.

And, being a senior at that age was like adding fuel to the fire. When I still didn’t know how to address myself correctly, I was faced to this situation where my future depend on it. The answer of “what I want to be?” was still left unanswered but I needed to answer it fastly so that I could walk into the right direction of my future. People expected me to handle the situation by myself but this little kid right here still needed guide to cement her future and build good foundation on it.

Being a senior was like a tornado of emotion and activities.When I thought I needed time for myself to enjoy the life, I was faced to the situation where I had to study all the time for the sake of myself. When I wanted to go hang out on Sunday, I had preparation exam in the school, not to mention another long session of studying until 10-11 p.m. When I wanted to just sleep, I had piles of homeworks waiting for me to be finished. When I just wanted to close my eyes and ran away, reality hit me that I still had responsibility to carry on.

Despite the tough time, senior year is the time that I always remember as long as I live. I learned how to appreciate the time. Because, senior year has correlation with this word, ”last”. The last time I shared memories with my friends, the last time I sat in the classroom, passing the notes of how boring the lesson was. The last time I could run through the corridor of my school childishly, then getting scolded by the teachers. Those simple things I can’t do once I graduated, grab my bag and leave the school forever.

Yet, I may leave but memory stays forever.

My senior year was like riding rollercoaster. I found it hard first and got really scared with everything. Then, I started to get used to it in the middle of the journey and laughed it all. And, in the end, I never regret single thing about riding it. I felt happy. Happiness is simple, isn’t it? It’s just human (us) who always makes it seems so complicated.

But, being in the rollercoaster won’t be so much fun if you ride it alone, by yourself. Thanks to these four people, my rollercoaster journey was full of joy. Thanks to these four people for colouring my senior year (and my life) with the brightest colour they have in themselves.

This is the story about me and my friend during our senior year How we hold hands in hands, leaving the trail of memory in each of our lives to be reminisced in the future.We might had our ups and downs moments. We might stepped our feet to the best and the worst side of the world. And, we always tried to move on. Together.

Because, when the world walk out, it’s true friends who always walk in.

***

“Jinri, Jinri. We’re in the same class again! Oh thank God, I can't survive my homework without you,” Soojung ran and hugged Jinri from the back, making the girl startled a little bit yet she still managed to put a smile and hug Soojung back.

“Oh, another tough year to face,” Jinri joked.

Soojung nudged her waist and led themselves out of the horde of people who kept swarming the hall to see where their classes would be.

“You better take your words back or—“

“Hey ladies! We’re in the same class again. Don’t you guys like it?” a quite lanky boy chokehold them from behind, making both of the girls squealed in rage.

“Ya! Lee Taemin. How many times I told you not to do that again! Now, let go!” Soojung yelled furiously.

Taemin quickly unreleased her grips on both of the girls’ neck before Soojung became angrier and decided to slice his own neck with her bare hands. Taemin always thought that Soojung was the pretty version of Hulk (eventhough he didn’t want to admit that Soojung was pretty in front of her, just because). Once again, she might be pretty in the cover, but don’t try to annoy her if you still wanted to stay alive. She might slice your throat with one death glare.

Not to mention that Taemin was Soojung’s bestfriend since they were in kindergarten.

Oh, yes, the irony.

“And, what did you say? You are in the same class with us?” Soojung looked at him and her eyebrows were slightly furrowed.

Taemin beamed and looked at Jinri who tried to hide her laugh, “Yes!”

There were three types of Taemin’s way to look at someone based on Soojung’s “research”. The first one was the “I-am-not-interested” look and it needed a Si-sa Elite Korean-English dictionary to be his pillow. The second one was “I-am-qute-interested-but-not-really” look and this one needed his walkman or phone to distract his attention. The last one was “I-am-interested-but-I-try-to-hide-it” look. This one was could be seen by someone who knew Taemin for long time, and it was Soojung.

And, the look he gave to Jinri, she knew, Soojung indeed knew, that it was the third type. Soojung felt her heart was wrenched a little bit but she shrugged it off, ignoring the pain she hid for long time.

Soojung rolled her eyes, “Don’t take your words back, Jinri. This is sooo going to be another tough year.”

“Where’s Chanyeol, anyway?” Jinri, always being the “referee of their usual bickering asked.

“There he is!” Taemin spotted a boy with a goofy smile plastered on his face walking toward them.

Soojung quickly ran to him and grabbed her collar to make him walk faster, “Where’s your class?”

“Easy, Soojung-ah. Easy. Well, my class is 3-4. You guys?”

Soojung put a dramatic look on her face, "God really loves me today. Jinri and Chanyeol, in the same class with me. I'm so going to survive this senior year. You, Park Chanyeol, Choi Jinri, don't you even dare to hide your homeworks for me."

Taemin raised his hands, "I'm with Soojung on this one."

Jinri rolled her eyes, "Yeah, right."

Chanyeol made a face, "When will both of you know the existence of the word 'studying'?"

"I know, but I try not to care," Soojung flashed Chanyeol with her biggest grin.

Jinri suddenly jumped up and down like a little kid meeting Mickey Mouse in Disneyland, “Oh my god, so all of us are in the same class again! I’m so happy I can be with you guys in this very last year of the school.”

Silence.

Last. That one word strucked them to the reality that time already flied so fastly and here they were now, in the last chapter of their high school life. Last meant goodbye, last meant ending, last meant … everything was … done?

Soojung patted Jinri’s shoulder, “Stop being so dramatic, Jinri-ah.”

The atmosphere lighted up again. Jinri pouted her lips and Taemin tried hard not to squeal or rolled on the floor seeing that.

Chanyeol smiled, “So, let’s make it a year to remember, guys.”

Soojung looked away but Chanyeol could see her nodded in her heart. It was an obvious fact that Soojung was never good at expressing her emotion. Taemin grinned and nodded gleefully.

“Together.”

“Yeah, together.”

Because, last could be the beginning of new chapter.