A Moment

A Moment

Kai ran his thumbs across Luhan's cheekbones and stared into his eyes.

To Luhan's credit, he didn't flinch or try to back away, he just let Kai look at him, like he knew what was there.

He felt it too. He felt the connection that only they shared.

Luhan adoringly smiled at him and Kai's heart was too full and completely empty at the same time.

Kai's fingers began to paint the contours of Lu's face.

Luhan's eyes closed as Kai smoothed the soft skin of his eyelids, his fingers leisurely making their way down to his cheekbones.

Kai caressed the sharpness there, his thumbs grazing under Lu's chin, raising his face ever so slightly.

Then Luhan's eyes slowly opened and he stared into Kai's with an openness and acceptance Kai had never received before.

He felt that Luhan was a rare gem made only for him.

Kai glanced at Lu's lips.

Quickly he brought his gaze back up, but he found Luhan staring at Kai's own mouth for a minute longer than necessary.

When Luhan eventually looked up, their eyes locked for an intense moment before Kai pulled him closer and moved his own head forward.

But right before meeting Luhan's slightly puckered lips, Kai stopped.

He wanted to make note of every beat of his heart, and to feel each pulse of Luhan's veins.

This was where it all started, with the beat of one heart answering another's.

And this was where Kai intended to keep it.

He made sure to lock in this memory deep within his heart.

He knew you only got one first kiss with the love of your life.

So, savoring every second, Kai finally pressed his lips to Luhan's.

And with this tiny, momentous touch the dreams Kai had for himself fell into place.