Uneasy Feeling

Memoirs of a Vampire

 

Chapter 11 – Uneasy Feeling

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three weeks have passed ever since we first dated. Ever since then, we’ve kept our relationship a secret to everyone else for we know they would disapproved of it. Especially Maki’s older brother, Yamapi. I still remember that time when he confronted me about the rumors. If he finds out about this he'll definitely get mad. And if the school finds out about it I might get fired or worse sent to jail. Might I remind you guys that she’s still a minor.

It has been pretty peaceful and normal for the two of us lately. However there were these moments when I would feel someone staring at us. I keep getting these weird feelings whenever we’re alone together. It’s like someone is spying on us. Maki told me one time that she saw someone following her home. It really freaked her out. So from that day on I began walking her home.

Hmm…..could it be that chikan (ert) again? I don’t know who it is but whoever it is, I need to find out.

======================       

[Sunday, 10:19 PM]

I wonder why Maki is taking so long to get here. I checked my watch again, 10:20. Could it be that something happened to her on her way here? Iie, iie, iie (no way, no way, no way). I began to panic and pace back and forth.

That’s it, I’m going to get her.

I walked back towards her house, and on my way there I bumped into her.

“Itte! (ouch)” I heard her say while she rubbed her head lightly.

“Oh Maki! Where have you been!? I’ve been worrying about you.”

“Ah gome (I’m sorry), my mom wouldn’t let me come out this late so I had to wait til’ she fell asleep.” I nodded and she took my nod as respond that I understood. “So, where are you taking me tonight?” she asked me with excitement and eagerness. Ever since our first date at Tokyo Tower, I always take her somewhere new and special every week.

I tried to by looking away and keeping my mouth close.

“Awe, come on Jaejoong oppa. Don’t tease me.” I continued to ignore her but then she began pouting. She looked like a lost little puppy begging me to take her. She always plays the pouting card whenever she wants something from me. I bit my lips tighter as I tried my best not to succumb to her.

“I’m so sorry but you won’t get me this time. So close your eyes and I’ll take you there instead.”

“Eh~? Fine I’ll close my eyes.” Once she closed her eyes I lifted her up and carried her bridal style.

“No peeking ok Maki?” After she nodded her head I jumped off the ground and onto the secret location.

======================

My feet sunk into the sand as I carried Maki towards the shoreline. As we got closer and closer to the water, I felt her shiver when she felt the chilly and salty wind blow on her face.

“Brrr….it’s cold.” She said as she cuddled her body closer to my chest for warmth.

“Don’t worry we’re almost there.” When I got to the shoreline I placed Maki down on the sand. Once she felt the sand, she knew right away where we were. “Open you eyes.” I said to her. She slowly opened her eyes. Her shocked mouth turned into a wide smile once she saw the sparkling sea and bright moon reflected over it. I watched her as she scanned her surroundings. “How is it?” I asked her.

“Hmm…..better than the last one.” She said nodding her head.

“Shall we?” I said offering my hands for her to take. She gently and gladly placed her palms on mine and I gripped her hand tightly as I swung it back and forth. We began walking along the coastline of the beach on barefoot. Maki suggested that it’d be more comfortable on feet than wearing our shoes. It was a full moon so we could see our path clearly. We was quiet for a while, but she broke the silence.

“Ne Jaejoong oppa?” she started out.

“Hmm?” I said as I watched the sand go through between my toes.

“I’ve noticed it a long time ago, but why is your hand always cold?” My head immediately glanced up when I heard her question. It was the first time she ever asked me something associated to me being a vampire. I panic a little bit for I didn’t know how I would explain it to her.

“Umm…..I have a disorder.” I lied. She looked up at me with a surprised look on her face.

“A disorder?” she asked curiously.

“Yeah. They call it the…..vampire disorder…..it’s where your whole body becomes cold because of stress and fatigue. It’s incurable.” I looked at her hoping that she’ll buy my lie.

“I’ve never heard of that disorder before.” She said raising an eyebrow and looking at me suspiciously.

“Erm…..it’s a very rare disease. It’s a one in a million chance you’ll get it.” Please buy it!

“Hmm….that’s a really weird disorder, but whatever. Let's go over there.” She said pointing faraway. I sigh in relief when she dropped off the topic. Phew! Thank god she bought it!

After walking for a while, we decided to rest. I took off my jacket and I laid it on the sand so that she can lay on it. She thanked me and she got down on her back and rest her head on my jacket. I followed right after. We laid there for a while just staring at the luminous round moon.

I was still staring at the sky when Maki fell asleep. I was going to wake her up, but then I decided not to instead. I wanted to stay with her a little longer.

I rolled over to my side towards Maki’s direction so that I could get a clearer view of her. I lifted my head up and rested it on my palms. I gazed at her features, tracing my hand over her ears, her eyes, her nose, and then . My hand stopped right above her lips. I stared at them lustfully. *gulp* unconsciously my face began moving closer to her face. I felt my heart beat faster and faster every second.

When I was only an inch away from her lips I felt a weird feeling inside of me. I felt someone staring and throwing daggers at my back. I sat up from the ground and I looked around the vicinity. There was no one there. I felt Maki sitting up beside me, I accidentally woke her up by my sudden movement.

“Oppa what’s wrong?” She asked when she saw my worried face. The intense gaze suddenly disappeared.

“Betsuni (nothing)” I reassured her. “I should take you home.” I suggested, she nodded her head and I helped her get up from the ground.

As I helped her gather herself I took this chance to looked around the surroundings again. I couldn't find anyone. Hmm…..I was pretty sure someone was watching us.

I carried Maki on my back on the way home. She fell asleep right away as we made our way back to her house.

As we said our goodnights and my goodbyes to each other, I felt that same feeling again. I shifted my gaze up at the balcony of Maki’s house. I stared at it suspiciously. I definitely felt that stare coming from up there. Hmm……

======================

The next day at school, me and Maki met at our usual spot. I was pretending to be asleep to see what she would do when she saw me sleeping. Will she do the same thing I did when she fell asleep at the beach?

“Jaejoong oppa?” she called out, but I didn’t respond. She looked at me and then she shook my arm lightly. I still didn’t respond. Although I had my eyes closed I could feel Maki staring at my face. Then suddenly I felt her hand touch my cheek. I winced a little bit and I felt her hand retreat. But then I felt her hand go back to my cheek again. I felt her finger tracing may face from my cheekbone all the way down to my chin. I felt a tingling feeling when I felt her finger brushed upon my bottom lip lightly. She continued to stare at my face, with her hand still tracing my features.

After she traced her finger all the way around my face, I felt her hand return to my cheek. She caressed it with the back of her hand. “You really have a pretty face.” I heard her whisper to me. “I’m really glad I’m the only one who can touch it.” I could feel my face and my whole body heat up as I listened to her. When I felt her hand about to retreat from my face I immediately grabbed it and I placed her palm back on my cheek.

“And I’m glad I’m the only one who can touch this soft beautiful hand.” I whispered to her with my eyes still closed. I could hear her giggle beside me.

These little things have always made our days special. Although we can only hang out for a couple of hours everyday, we still treasured those moments. We were happy and content knowing that we would always have each other by our sides no matter what. However, little did we know that a danger was about to interrupt our peaceful days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. ^^

Comments would be very much appreciated! Pls stay tune for chapter 12!!! =D

Chapter 12: Danger! (I might change the title)

(9/8/09)