chapter 1

Unexpected visitor

Niel POV


We were all tucked inside our van, heading back  to our dorm after yet another tiring day full of practice and workout schedules. Minsoo, Changhyun and Byunghyun were seated in the middle of the van while I sat on the side in the back with Chanhee next to me and a sleeping Jonghyun on the opposite side of the car from me.


I looked around in the car and found, as i expected, Minsoo asleep. I guess he fell asleep right after we left for the dorm. His cap was tilted downwards so it would shield his face from any bright light from the city of Seoul. His chest rising ever so slightly with every breath.


I shifted my gaze to the boy next to him, or what i could see of the boy, given that I sat in the row behind him. Changhyun seemed to be in a good mood even after hours of practice. I really love how he can make us all happy and fill us with energy just by being his bubbly self all the time. Even a slight bit of aegyo from the maknaes could make a dull day turn into a good one.


He was shifting his gaze from side to side to look out at the scenery that flew past us as we drove through the busy streets of Seoul. I guess he was trying to memorize all the dance moves and new dance routines we had gone through today, while enjoying the world that flew by outside the windows of the car.


I shifted my gaze over to the boy seated on the other side of Changhyun. His platinum blonde hair hanging before his eyes as he scrolled through the songs on his mp3, looking for something relaxing but not too slow. Byunghyun had always been more of a quiet type even around the band. He was a man of few words.


He reajusts his headphones as he lifts his gaze upwards after he had finally found a song good enough. I can see him trying to find a more comfortable position in his seating for the rest of the ride before i turn my gaze to the sleeping maknae.


Jonghyun, youngest of us all but shows up a lot more stamina than the rest of us when it comes to practice. No matter if it is dancing, singing or a trip to the gym, he always give it his all until we all call it a day. I guess it's no surprise for any of us that he mostly is knocked out of exhaustion on the rides home to our dorm. I look him over and realize that if he sleeps a little longer in that position he will have a hell of a neck pain. Unfortunately I can't reach him from where I am seated so I just hope it won't be too bad. He really looks exhausted after todays dancing lessons.


I glance over at Chanhee, who is seated right beside me. I guess he's just wanting for the time to pass by fast so he can go to bed already. Actually I'm not entirely sure but based on the fact that he is playing some boring childrens game on his phone and is yawning every minute, I think I might be quite close to the answer.


I shift my head so I'm looking out the window of the van again as I let my forehead rest against its cool surface. It will still take some time before we'll reach our dorm anyways so why not take a nap during the ride, I think before I close my eyes and shut out the outer world.


L.Joe POV


I listen to the song playing in my headphones as I see the familiar scenery fly by outside of our van. It has been a long and tiring day, full of dance routines, both new ones and old favorites. Although concentrating on only the dance today it seemed like Chanhee and I will have some extra hours of practice for the new dance moves.


I can feel the van slowing down before coming to a final stop. I lift my head to look out through the window only to find the familiar facade of the building of which a part we call home. I realize the others are waking up Minsoo, Jonghyun and Daniel.


I put my mp3 player back in the pocket of my pants before I open the door of the van. I push myself out of the car as I see the other members shuffling over to the door to get out as well.


When we're all finally out of the car we bow to thank our manager for taking us home before be all slowly start to make our way inside to the elevator that will take us home. I see Jonghyun starting to dig through the pockets of his bag in search of his copy of the dorms key.


Finally the elevator arrives and we all make our way inside while Minsoo presses the right button for our floor. Everyone is quiet as none of us really has any energy left to even start a conversation. The familiar 'ding' sound rings through the air and the elevators doors slide open for us, signaling that we have arrived at our floor. We all make our way out of the elevator and Jonghyun hours to the front to unlock our front door.


As soon as it is opened we all flood inside, some of us heading for our rooms, some for the bathrooms and some to the kitchen for refreshments after a long, exhausting day.


I realize that both of our bathrooms will be occupied for a while forward so I just let myself fall down on one of the couches decorating the living room, letting myself relax a bit.


Chunji POV


I made my way straight to the room I share with Changhyun. A shower could wait for tomorrow. I had cleaned up partly already at the dancing studio so it's not like it will make any harm for either Changhyun or me.


Speaking of the cute maknae. He rushed to the bathroom immediately for a relaxing shower. Another reason for me to not shower today. Changhyun and Daniel always used all the warm water we had for their showers so if either of them got in the shower first you knew you'd either have to take a freezing shower or wait for the next morning.


The other bathroom was at the moment occupied by the other maknae so there was no chanse I was going to get a shower to day either way. I already saw Daniel making his way into his shared room with Byunghun and Jonghyun to make himself ready to sprint into one of the bathrooms as soon as one of them were free.


Minsoo seemed to have the same thoughts as me as he just grabbed a water bottle from the refrigerator before disappearing into his room. Byunghun on the other hand seems to already have accepted the unavoidable faith of a cold shower, and were relaxing on the couch while waiting for his turn. I don't get how he can take a freezing shower after an exhausting day. I have tried but even one time was too much for me to handle. The feeling of needles piercing your skin  and not being able to get your body temperature back to normal for an hour at least wasn’t something I would prefer.


I started to dig through the piles of clothes lying around the room in search for my pajamas. All the training clothes were thrown in a laundry basket by the door but when we occasionally went out for some fun or just to do some grocery shopping we wore other clothes that always, when we returned to the dorm, ended up in piles on the floor in our rooms. Among these clothes were also the comfy clothes we wore around the dorm on lazy movie evenings and, in this case, also my pajamas.


After turning upside down on most of the piles of clothes around Changhyun’s and my room i found the familiar pattern of my light purple pajamas. How it ended up on the opposite end of the room from my bed is a question with the answer still unknown.


I pull it out from under the other clothes and make my way back to my bed to change. I pull at the hem of my tank top to lift it over my head when I catch a slight movement in the corner of my eye. I turn around to look around for the source of the movement but still find the room occupied by only me and all of the things, spread out over the surface of the room, in their original places.


However I just push the thought of something moving to the side and blame it on my brain to have created an illusion because of my exhausted state. I take off my tank top, throw it into the laundry basket and grab the top part of my pajamas. As i turn the shirt of my pajamas the right way I catches something moving over the night table of my bed and quickly turn my gaze towards it. Oh how i wish i had taken a cold shower instead,


Ricky POV


Ah, nothing can be better after a long day of training than a looong, relaxing, hot shower. I tilt my head upwards and let the hot water run over my closed eyes as I smile to myself. I can feel how the hot water slowly loosen up my tense muscles. Nothing can even compare to a relaxing, hour long shower.


I run my fingers through my hair and rub the water from my eyes as I let my eyes face towards the bathroom floor once again. I am so happy I was fast enough to get into one of the bathrooms before anyone else could occupie them so I could relax under the rain of got water.


If I only knew I wouldn't get to have my relaxing, hot shower.


Changjo POV


I shift my way inside the small bathroom to grab a towel that I could dry my body with. I reach for the fluffy, white material on top of the shelf beside the mirror, and start to rub the water from my eyes. I continue down my arms and dry my chest as I make my way downwards.


I finish drying myself up and wrap the towel around my waist to cover up my private parts as I head for the door. If I only knew I would not be able to relax and go to sleep as soon as I go into my shared room.


As I turn the doorknob and push the door slightly open, some fog emitting from the bathroom after my shower, an ear piercing rings through the dorm. I gave a quick glance at the person standing in front of me, who obviously had had in plans to take a shower, and see that Neil is as confused as I am of the source of the scream.


We both start running towards the place the scream came from, a wide eyed Byunghun joining us as we pass the living room. I can hear a door bang into a wall in the distance and can only guess it's Changhyun. I can also make out another pair of feet, quickly making their way over to us.


We all find ourselves running towards the door of Changhyuns and Chanhees shared room. Although being the smallest of us all, Byunghun was the first one to reach the door, only to fling it open a second later. I have no idea what happened next but when I reach the room I can only see a half Chanhee crying his eyes out in the arms of Byunghun who is looking all around the room, as if he's searching for something.


In the corner of my eye I can see Changhyun rushing forth to comfort his friend.


"What happened?" Changyun holds Chanhee as well as be asks him. Chanhee just continue to sob in their arms, his thin frame shaking. He lifts his head and scan the room as Byunghun although he don't know why.


Changhyun then stops to look at Byunghun as if he asks the same question from him. Byunghun locks eyes with him and mouthed something to him. I can't see what though as I am still standing by the door of the room with Daniel and Minsoo. All I know is that it can't be anything good if Changhyuns reaction is anything to go by. His eyes became wide open as his jaw dropped. His eyes started to roam around the room again only this time I’m sure he knows what he is looking for.


“What is it?” This time it was Daniel who asked Byunghun. Changhyun on the other hand let go of Chanhee and rushed over to me on the brim of tears. “What is it? What happened?” I ask him as his arms lock themselves around my waist, his head buried in my chest as his tears start to fall. I can feel his body quivering against mine as he hugs me tighter. “Changhyun?” I ask “ Gwenchana? Are you okay?” He lifts his head to look into my eyes and i can see the fear in his eyes. Something has scared Chanhee, something that just by mentioning it gets Changhyun in this kind of state.


CAP POV


This whole thing did not feel right. Something would happen. I could feel it in my gut.

I looked at Daniel who looked unsure whether he should listen to what had happened or not. He was clearly afraid but not as afraid as Changhyun and Chanhee was. At least not yet.


If I have read the situation correctly no one of us would get a decent sleep tonight. Not Chanhee and Changhyun, the state they are in tells it all. Not Byunghun and Jonghyun who would have to comfort their best friends, although it from time to time seems to be something more than just friendship. I’m also afraid that Daniel would freak out the same way as the prior two had done. Then i would be in the same place as Byunghun and Jonghyun, trying to comfort him through the night.


I was also worried as a bandleader due to the really early schedule tomorrow morning. I could already tell over half of the band would hardly get any sleep at all, and it would show in our performances as a band, even if it was just for training.


The only thing that can be heard in the room, as we wait for Changhyun’s answer, is the sniffles from Chanhee and Changhyun accompanied by the soothing words muttered to them from Byunghun and Jonghyun. I can almost feel Daniel quivering beside me as he is waiting to hear what was the source of this gathering.


‘’ I....i-it...-sob-...t-the-re...-sniffle-..m-mou...’’ Changhyun tries to explain to us but it is quite hard to understand due to all the sobbing and sniffling.


‘’It’s okay Changhyunnie. Take a deep breath to calm down and then you can try to explain again.’’ Jonghyun mutters to him as his hand is moving in a soothing motion over his hyungs back. We can all see the way Changhyun is calmed by his dongsaengs words and his body is soon still, although still firmly attached to Jonghyun’s. He sniffles a couple of times more before he gives it another try.


‘’ The-there i-is a...-sob-...a m-mou-se i-in he-here...-sob-’’ As I heard the words being spoken by my dongsaeng I can feel my body react on it’s own and soon enough i find myself holding Daniel in my arms, as he had gone into a state of panic by the words that were spoken.

 


 

So here is the first part of the story. I think it will be a two shot, or should i say at least a two shot :P

well anyways....hope you like it so far  ^^

coment and subscribe and vote up if you like it~!! ^^,

 

~zankkabella