One New Message

The E-mail
Please log in to read the full chapter

- One New Message               

 

-----

"You're beautiful, you know that?"

Kamijo blushed and smiled, his gaze dropping to his lap for a moment, in pleased embarrassment.

Gackt smiled at the younger man's reaction and reached across the candle-lit table for Kamijo's soft hand. Unspoken permission granted, Gackt caressed the peach-soft skin and, when he was sure that neither the waiters not fellow diners were looking, he brought Kamijo's hand to his lips as though it was fine French porcelain and kissed it. Not once did he break eye contact with Kamijo and was rewarded with the sight of a strawberry rose blush fleeting across Kamijo's cheeks, as the younger cast him a shy look.

He and Gackt had been in a romantic relationship for nearly three years now but even now, Kamijo was sometimes overcome with amazement that Gackt actually loved him back. He'd been in love with the older man ever since they met and had carried his secret crush with him for a number of years, before Gackt made it known that he felt the same way.

The day that he and Gackt had started going out with each other had been one of the most memorable in Kamijo's life and the kiss that Gackt had given him at the end of the evening had made it all the more so.

Kamijo looked at Gackt somewhat seductively over his glass of wine, as he took a sip. He hadn't meant the glance to be as sensual as it turned out to be, but the warm, dancing glow of candles in the dimly lit restaurant captured the platinum blond streaks of his blond hair and illuminated the silver metallic of his carefully made up hazel-speckled eyes.

Had they been living together, the two men might have shared something a little more intimate together later that evening. But they still lived in separate homes. Kamijo was admittedly a little conservative, slightly self-conscious and as a result, unsure about accepting Gackt's invitation to move in with him.

Dating each other was a little different. Kamijo would have all the time he needed to dress up, put on make up and make himself feel beautiful in any way that he could. Living together meant that Gackt would see him all the time, even when he looked less than perfect. It wasn't that he felt uncomfortable around Gackt, or that he didn't trust him, but Kamijo had always lacked confidence in his physical appearance. Accepting Gackt as his boyfriend had certainly helped him feel more sure of himself and had accentuated his appreciation of his inner beauty. It was no exaggeration to say that Kamijo had become somewhat radiant since he'd started going out with Gackt. But even the most beautiful butterfly had moments in which its wings were a little less proudly spread and Kamijo still had moments in which he even doubted why Gackt was in love with him. Sometimes, it felt a little too good to be true.

As of late however, Kamijo had been contemplating sharing in Gackt's domestic life with quite a bit more seriousness. He longed to wake up with Gackt at his side and curl up next to him on cold, stormy nights. Home provided a sense of cozy comfort and he wanted to share this warmth with the man whom he loved.

The couple finished their dinner and didn't leave the restaurant right away. Instead, they lingered at the table for a moment, sipped wine, talked softly about nothing and everything and simply immersed themselves in the tender glow of love by which they were surrounded.

Gackt drove Kamijo home afterwards, walked him to his apartment room, handed him a single red-rimmed white rose and sealed the promise of their next date with a kiss.

Kamijo's stomach was all aflutter when Gackt wished him a goodnight and he was left with his rose. Somehow, Gackt always made him feel lovestruck and with the late evening his to relax, Kamijo all but skipped to fill a capillary narrow vase with water for his rose before heading for a long, relaxing lavendar bath.

-----

The happy young man was humming to himself when he emerged from the bath i

Please log in to read the full chapter