Final

Timeless

It was exactly on the 27th of July 2014, at 06.45 pm sharp when Jong In finally met Sulli. As far as Jong In remembered, Sulli looked exactly the same as she was before. Long hair, plum lips, pale skin and same sweet eye smile.

“Hello, Jong In.” greeted Sulli.

“Hi” Jong In mentally cursed himself as that is the only word that he came out with after not seeing his best friend for 5 years.

Sulli laughed seeing her best friend’s reaction; she didn’t even miss the fact that he stuttered a little.

“Want to grab some dinner while we catch up?” asked Sulli, breaking the awkwardness between them.

“Sure”. Replied Jong In as he rubbed his head, he is confused. No, Jong In is beyond confused.

                                                                                                *

“So Jonginnie, how’s life? I heard you are now working as SM’s main choreographer.” Clasped Jin Ri excitedly.

Jong In is famous for his dancing skills since high school; he has been dancing from the age of 6. The way his body moved to the beat of the song, from ballet to pop, only Jong In knows best. According to Sulli, Jong In is one of the most handsome boys she ever met though she never admitted to it.

Sulli and Jong In, Jong In and Sulli. Both are inseparable, many were confused and envious of their relationship. Many girls tried to get close to Jong In, but none came close as Jong In would often treat them coldly. He did not even allow those girls to call him Jong In, they called him Kai as Jong In is only special for Sulli.

“Yeah, they recruited me once I finished my degree.” Smiled Jong In, he misses Jin Ri. He misses her presence, he wants her, embrace her and keep her by his side-if only it wasn’t too late.

“So how are the trainees? I bet with your looks, many girls would hit on you.” Chuckled Sulli, remembering the old times when Jong In would be troubled bringing a lot of gifts and chocolates from his ‘fans’ on Valentine’s Day.

*flashback*

“YAH CHOI JIN RI! Where’s my chocolate?” asked Jong In, as he struggled bringing his gifts from his fans.

“Chocolate? After all these gifts, you still want one more chocolate?” asked Sulli disbelief, what a greedy guy her friend is.

“What chocolates?” asked Jong In innocently, as he dumped all of his gifts and chocolates to the rubbish bin.

“Oh my God, you are indeed cold. Very very cold and mean, Mr. Jong In. How can you throw all of them away? Some of these chocolates may even be made by themselves.” Scolded Sulli, she shaked her head seeing her best friend’s attitude.

“I never ask them to like me in the very first place. Don’t you know how annoying it is to have strangers giving me chocolates, wishing me to someday returning back their feelings. Tsk, so now where’s my chocolate?” asked Jong In again, this time more demanding than before.

“Geez, but at least you should mind a bit of their feelings. Here is your chocolate.” Grumbled Sulli as she handed him her homemade chocolate.

“Did you make this?” asked Jong In happily, he quickly tore the wrap and eat the chocolate happily.

“No, I bought it just now in the convenience store.” Lied Sulli, she could only smile seeing her kid best friend as Jong In literally gulped the whole chocolate.

“Next year, the following year or even the next next year. Remember to always make me one.” Grinned Jong In, he knew that Sulli made the chocolate herself as Jong In saw the little blisters on Sulli’s hand.

Sulli is never good at cooking, but she is willing to do anything to please Jong In.

*end of flashback*

“Trainees? Puh-lease even the CEO asked me to become a member of their boyband.” Said Jong In proudly, he decided to have fun during his encounter with Sulli. God knows when he is able to have this chance again.

“Tsk, still proud as ever huh.” Smiled Sulli, “How is everybody though? Are they well?”

“Well, Vic noona is finally married to Khun Hyung and she will be expecting soon. Soo Jung is doing extremely well with Suho hyung, though I think he gets bullied a lot by her. Sun young noona and Chanyeol hyung are finally dating, like finally! Oh my gosh, it took us years to finally hook them up. And last, Amber noona is going to get married with Henry Hyung this upcoming September.” Drabbled Jong In non-stop, excitement can be seen clearly from his eyes.

“And they all misses you a lot.” Added Jong In quietly, and the sparks in his eyes are replaced with a cloud of sadness.

“I miss them too, Jong In. Especially you.” Whispered Sulli sadly.

“Hey Jonginnie, mind to take me somewhere?”

                                                                                                *

“Yah, why of all places do you want to go here? It is already late at night and it is not good to sneak in.” complained Jong In as they reached to their destination.

Sulli requested Jong In to go to SM quarter, forcing him to show him around SM building. But what irritates Jong In the most is Sulli’s continuous amazement and non-stop admiration whenever she saw SM artist’s posters especially Exo.

“Damn, how can these boys be so delicious looking?” asked Sulli, not noticing the dark aura which surrounded the other party. “Are they all still single?”

Jong In can only let out a sigh as he looked at Sulli, can’t take her attitude anymore he quickly dragged her to his practice room.

“Woah, your practice room is so big. And it’s so clean too.” Chuckled Sulli.

“Jin Ri, why are you here?” asked Jong In quietly as he sits in the corner.

Sulli knows that whenever Jong In calls her real name, it means he is getting serious and is expecting a quick answer.

“Why can’t I, Jong In?” Replied Sulli softly as she positioned herself beside him.

“But you are dead, Jin Ri. You are supposed to be up there, in heaven watching over us.” Said Jong In, he could feel his eyes getting wet. He hates this feeling, the feeling of separation.

“Well I am supposed to be up there, but how can I be sleeping in peace if my only best friend is acting and behaving this way after I’m gone.” Said Sulli, she tried to hold Jong In’s hand, but it is no use as she is a ghost now.

“Move on, Jong In. Stop blaming yourself, live and be happy.” Continued Sulli sadly.

“How can I move on? Tell me Jin Ri, if only I followed after you, you wouldn’t be dead. If only I wasn’t drunk, maybe you’ll still be here.” Screamed Jong In, he punched the wall feeling angry with their situation but most of all with himself. “I should have sent drived you home, but instead I wasted myself in the club drinking and partying.

“No, it wasn’t your fault. It was never your fault, Jong In. It was the goddamn drunk driver’s fault. So please, please stop blaming yourself. Please Jong In, be the old Jong In that I used toknow.” Cried Sulli, her heart hurts, she showed up herself after 5 years a she couldn’t stand the person Jong In had become after her death.

The two kept quite for some while, Jong In turned his head to the side preventing Sulli to see him crying. They both are deep in their own thoughts, enjoying their very last moment.

 “Ssul, want me to perform a dance?” asked Jong In suddenly

“Sure, just don’t trip okay?” teased Sulli

“Idiot.” Muttered Jong In quietly, giving Sulli his trademark smirk.

Jong In danced to Exo’s my lady, it’s been a while since Jong In felt this peace. After meeting Sulli again, somehow it is like his burden has been lifted up. By the time Jong In has finished dancing, he realized that he is now alone in the practice room.

“Good bye my dear Jin Ri, please watch over me. But this time, please let me cry over you for the very last time, I promise I will definitely make you proud of me.” Cried Jong In as he lets himself cry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

Ack lots of gramatical errors, did this in a rush, will correct them soon. Please enjoy :) and i'm sorry its a bit angst but i totally ship these two. Kailli fightinggg!

btw, I'm seeing a lot of f(exo) moments, a little bit awkward but atleast they have a good sunbae-hoobae relationship. Till next time!!

and please do check my other fanfics, till then anyeong!